News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Townies (Spoliers)

Started by REM, July 08, 2022, 05:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tommo

Just watched the highlights on Youtube. I thought that the SVG action in not taking the redress was very poor. Anton stuffed up, but he went to correct it. Just take the win instead of playing games.

AlbertM

Anton should have kept the boot in and got to the line, with a 5 second penalty he would have got the W. LOL!

IMO the racing was great, probably the best so far this year. Finally, we have a rivalry between two drivers in two different camps. And it is rattling 888. You only pull tricks when you're desperate. I hope DJR and Anton can keep the pressure on. SVG has a habit of folding when he can't win.

Ford Faithful

madbugger

Quote from: AlbertM on July 12, 2022, 04:54:18 AM
Anton should have kept the boot in and got to the line, with a 5 second penalty he would have got the W. LOL!

IMO the racing was great, probably the best so far this year. Finally, we have a rivalry between two drivers in two different camps. And it is rattling 888. You only pull tricks when you're desperate. I hope DJR and Anton can keep the pressure on. SVG has a habit of folding when he can't win.

Penalty would have been enough to ensure SVG was the winner, and possibly big enough to drop ADP to 3rd or 4th. By attempting  to redress, and it's refusal, I think the penalty was just enough to ensure the status quo was maintained pre spin.

There had to be a penalty, it would have set a fairly shocking precedent if there wasn't, and I think the correct penalty was given.

It was still a 💩💩💩💩 move by SVG to refuse it though.
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

REM

Quote from: Tommo on July 12, 2022, 02:17:58 AM
Just watched the highlights on Youtube. I thought that the SVG action in not taking the redress was very poor. Anton stuffed up, but he went to correct it. Just take the win instead of playing games.

When he was saying "The car is terrible on Saturday"....I was thinking, yeah, sure it is SVG! For a proper Kiwi comparison, what Richard Lowe was to rugby, Shane is to supercars! :D ;)

mikeamerica84

I like how the network has gone "back" to Red v. Blue when showing the order of the cars on the left hand side of the screen.

Good round for SVG.  He was in a class of his own.  Too bad for Will to be put behind the eight ball so early in Race 2.  And Pye for that matter - knocked completely off of the pool table.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

REM

Weclome Tommo- are you the old Tommo from the former site?

Joe5619

Quote from: Zac on July 11, 2022, 06:45:57 PM
Quote from: REM on July 09, 2022, 08:41:46 PM
Quote from: Zac on July 09, 2022, 07:56:31 PM
Those pics show that pole is off the racing line, but so is 2nd, so it doesn't make a big difference at Townsville.
I agree with you that it was a fun race - well, certainly not boring. There was plenty going on throughout the field throughout the race, but I'm having a think about what would make that race less boring and predictable for those who thought that it was. Maybe if Will Davison started on pole, but dropped behind SVG by almost 20 seconds after his second stop after taking on a big load of fuel,  but came blazing back to nail Shane with about two laps to go...  There's probably some who would regard that as a sleepy, predictable borefest - but it's hypothetical at best. (No offence, REM. It's still my shout at SMP :-*.)
Zaccy- if WD did that, there would be a subsequent parity adjustment for sure...😉
After Will's drive yesterday from 25th (and last) to 7th, there should be a parity adjustment coming up. Not "for sure", but there should be  :). The race speed from a damaged car was pretty impressive, both DJR cars come to think of it - and two of the Tickford cars as well.

Another good race, with neither race this weekend being a borefest - nor predictable, just the same winner. My humble opinion on that last corner was best summed up by Shane to Anton: "Congratulations for having a go - but what were you thinking?" So much for the snob/snub, whatever people want to call it. Within a minute of the snob/snub, SVG and ADP had a chat and both agreed it was all good, and let's have more of it. The attempted redress shows problems with redressing, although unlike JW at Bathurst, this one certainly wasn't dangerous (Joe). Probably not SVG's best idea to refuse the redress, but to think of it and do it in the few seconds he had after being punted at the last corner of 250ks of racing shows how he's always thinking while racing.

Bad sportsmanship award goes to Lee Holdsworth. What was he thinking? Out of character, from the little I know of him. Another good weekend of racing. Sometimes it seems more like WWE than motorsport as I know it, but I enjoyed it all the same. Well, not Tony Quinn's crash and injuries. Get well quick, Tony.
It was dangerous!! Do I need to remind you of Ingall & Perkins many decades ago at the finish line of QLD raceway in the castrol colours? It was bad enough that Anton slowed down, but Giz's made it 100 times more dangerous by playing games!

And yes Lee's form was pretty piss poor. Sounds like his out the door again, so probably pissed off. Poor guy, keeps getting shafted.

Zac

Quote from: REM on July 12, 2022, 08:05:19 AMFor a proper Kiwi comparison, what Richard Lowe was to rugby, Shane is to supercars! :D ;)
Richard Loe? Do you mean Richie McCaw?

REM

Quote from: Zac on July 12, 2022, 06:46:31 PM
Quote from: REM on July 12, 2022, 08:05:19 AMFor a proper Kiwi comparison, what Richard Lowe was to rugby, Shane is to supercars! :D ;)
Richard Loe? Do you mean Richie McCaw?

McCaw!! God-forbid!!!No, I really mean Richard Lowe/Loe....  ;-)

Tommo

Quote from: REM on July 12, 2022, 05:52:17 PM

Yep :)

mikeamerica84

Quote from: Tommo on July 15, 2022, 02:16:04 PM
Quote from: REM on July 12, 2022, 05:52:17 PM

Yep :)
Not to be confused with "tommo11", right?  He was on the former site.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

kennymiesta

Quote from: Joe5619 on July 11, 2022, 10:11:57 AM
Quote from: kennymiesta on July 10, 2022, 06:09:20 PM
Quote from: Joe5619 on July 10, 2022, 05:26:52 PM
Great race! I'm glad to see Anton having a go at the end, I wish Pye had taken Giz with him at the start.

And Giz is such a dirty sportsmen..

Even when the bloke has done nothing wrong, people still try and bash him. In the heat of the moment, sometimes the last person you want to associate with is the one who just turned you around. Both Shane and Anton mentioned they discussed it off camera and everything was all good.
Imagine had it been a role reversal. Everyone would be labeling Anton as a hero for snobbing Shane. Don't deny it, you know it would be true.
Define "nothing wrong".. Yes the move by Anton didn't work & clearly Anton was in the wrong, but Giz dangerously pulling up behind Anton on the finish line instead on just overtaking, so Anton might get a bigger penalty is not smart or clever (like the moron commentators tried to tell us), it's dirty & bad sportsmanship. Then to snub Anton when his trying to say sorry, is scum!!

Hey, that's just me.. You are entitled to your own opinion.

I fail to see how pulling in behind him is classed as "dangerous" & "dirty", but I guess you only have to look at recent years of Scotty Mac to see that if you are dominating, people just find any reason to put you down. I completely agree that everyone is entitled to their own opinion on the matter, but the dangerous word is one I would really like a more thorough explanation on.....

Quote from: Joe5619 on July 12, 2022, 05:55:18 PM
Quote from: Zac on July 11, 2022, 06:45:57 PM
Quote from: REM on July 09, 2022, 08:41:46 PM
Quote from: Zac on July 09, 2022, 07:56:31 PM
Those pics show that pole is off the racing line, but so is 2nd, so it doesn't make a big difference at Townsville.
I agree with you that it was a fun race - well, certainly not boring. There was plenty going on throughout the field throughout the race, but I'm having a think about what would make that race less boring and predictable for those who thought that it was. Maybe if Will Davison started on pole, but dropped behind SVG by almost 20 seconds after his second stop after taking on a big load of fuel,  but came blazing back to nail Shane with about two laps to go...  There's probably some who would regard that as a sleepy, predictable borefest - but it's hypothetical at best. (No offence, REM. It's still my shout at SMP :-*.)
Zaccy- if WD did that, there would be a subsequent parity adjustment for sure...😉
After Will's drive yesterday from 25th (and last) to 7th, there should be a parity adjustment coming up. Not "for sure", but there should be  :). The race speed from a damaged car was pretty impressive, both DJR cars come to think of it - and two of the Tickford cars as well.

Another good race, with neither race this weekend being a borefest - nor predictable, just the same winner. My humble opinion on that last corner was best summed up by Shane to Anton: "Congratulations for having a go - but what were you thinking?" So much for the snob/snub, whatever people want to call it. Within a minute of the snob/snub, SVG and ADP had a chat and both agreed it was all good, and let's have more of it. The attempted redress shows problems with redressing, although unlike JW at Bathurst, this one certainly wasn't dangerous (Joe). Probably not SVG's best idea to refuse the redress, but to think of it and do it in the few seconds he had after being punted at the last corner of 250ks of racing shows how he's always thinking while racing.

Bad sportsmanship award goes to Lee Holdsworth. What was he thinking? Out of character, from the little I know of him. Another good weekend of racing. Sometimes it seems more like WWE than motorsport as I know it, but I enjoyed it all the same. Well, not Tony Quinn's crash and injuries. Get well quick, Tony.
It was dangerous!! Do I need to remind you of Ingall & Perkins many decades ago at the finish line of QLD raceway in the castrol colours? It was bad enough that Anton slowed down, but Giz's made it 100 times more dangerous by playing games!

And yes Lee's form was pretty piss poor. Sounds like his out the door again, so probably pissed off. Poor guy, keeps getting shafted.

If this is the example you are stating for "dangerous", you need to realise that these were two completely different scenario's. Ingall was held up by a slower car and deliberately turned into his rear quarter to put him in the wall. At no point was SVG aiming to drill Anton into a fence. You are comparing Apples to an Orange. They are not comparable.

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on July 12, 2022, 08:47:16 AM
I like how the network has gone "back" to Red v. Blue when showing the order of the cars on the left hand side of the screen.

Good round for SVG.  He was in a class of his own.  Too bad for Will to be put behind the eight ball so early in Race 2.  And Pye for that matter - knocked completely off of the pool table.

Agree with you Mike. The whole last corner thing has shadowed how good a drive Will Davison had. He was fast, and to climb from last to where he finished in a bruised car was bloody impressive. Not a Davo fan by any stretch, but credit where it is due. I think he would have smoked the field had it not been for Pye trying to be a bit over eager to pass him.