News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Does the Mustang hold up during race distance

Started by Dasha, April 08, 2022, 09:43:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billybanana

Quote from: Dasha on April 12, 2022, 05:12:34 PM
It is as clear as day that there is a major issue within this series that just wants GM (Opel) winning races

I'd seriously love some of the drugs you blokes are on. If that statement were even remotely true, Scottie would not be a 3 time champion. He would have been knobbled at every turn.

AlbertM

Yes Yes Yes this is absolutely 100 % correct, my problem also is not so much the parity, "it is the double standard".
It is as clear as day that there is a major issue within this series that just wants GM (Opel) winning races & if we think that things will change with Gen 3 we are kidding ourselves as the issue unfortunately lies deeper & it looks like there is nobody with enough backbone to get anything done about it.

They are scared of Ford, They know that everytime Ford get serious about racing they humiliate the competition. What better way to counter that by discouraging Ford from going all in.  8)
Ford Faithful

AlbertM

Quote from: billybanana on April 12, 2022, 06:10:50 PM
It is as clear as day that there is a major issue within this series that just wants GM (Opel) winning races

I'd seriously love some of the drugs you blokes are on. If that statement were even remotely true, Scottie would not be a 3 time champion. He would have been knobbled at every turn.

He was, they tried, he was just better.
Ford Faithful

stevo qld

I think the biggest mistake Ford made was de-sponsoring 888.

Van Gizbergen in a 888 Mustang would still be top dog in the kennel.

(name spelling corrected)
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

REM

Quote from: stevo qld on April 12, 2022, 09:39:55 PM

Van Fizbergen in a 888 Mustang would still be top dog in the kennel.

Hindsight hey.....but then again, Holden and the ZB are dead, and the Camaro's death is imminent.....an all Ford future is certainly one of the possible and most likely cards! ;)

Trevor

Quote from: Joe5619 on April 09, 2022, 12:44:36 PM
Not effecting Grove racing, they are just as quick in race trim as T888. I wonder what T888 parts are sitting under that Grove Mustang that makes it every bit as quick over a race distance at the real T888 cars..

I'll consider a "parity issue" if I start hearing Ford drivers, Ford owners, Ford managers start to say they are at a disadvantage.. The fact they are completely (& I do mean completely) silent says a lot to me..Think about it, when has Tim Edwards ever been shy of calling a parity issue if he saw one?
most are **** scared to say anything due the risk of being penalised in some way by SC's

Trevor

Quote from: billybanana on April 12, 2022, 06:10:50 PM
history has shown that SC's favour Holden, in particular T8.  SC's were not ready for the amount of money that Penske would throw at their cars to make sure they win or the levels to which they would go to win - he bought current American thinking to SC's and they just weren't ready for him.  They tried their best to nobble the Mustangs, but he had too much money and too many smarts for them - and when he achieved what he wanted he just walked away and took the series best driver with him - A bit like Ceaser conquering Europe. I bet today, on reflection he was surprised how easy it was

Trevor

Van Fizbergen in a 888 Mustang would still be top dog in the kennel.
and he still wouldn't have my support, same as Rick Kelly didn't

BTW, what is Rick Kelly doing these days?

Ospif1

AlbertM

Van Gizbergen in a 888 Mustang would still be top dog in the kennel.

(name spelling corrected)

Ford didn't "de-sponsor" 888. The contract ran out and Dane didn't come to the table.  He even admitted that he want to swap to Holden.  The rest was faux outrage to play the victim.

In the end  888 success did absolutely nothing for Holden. And lost that factory support to.
Ford Faithful

AlbertM

Quote from: Ospif1 on April 13, 2022, 08:50:03 AM
The SVG factor is dismissed far too quickly.

The Scotty factor was dismissed after 1 race before Holden and its fans screamed "PARITY!!".

Ford Faithful

Trevor

Quote from: AlbertM on April 13, 2022, 11:00:41 AM
Ford didn't "de-sponsor" 888. The contract ran out and Dane didn't come to the table.  He even admitted that he want to swap to Holden.  The rest was faux outrage to play the victim.

In the end  888 success did absolutely nothing for Holden. And lost that factory support to.
Everyone knows what a hard arse Dane is, his reputation for taking no prisoners is well known.  He would have thought that Ford should curtail to him, but anyone who knows Ford knows that is not how they operate - they are also a 'take no prisoners' organisation.  I have known people who worked in their executive.

Ospif1

Quote from: AlbertM on April 13, 2022, 11:04:26 AM

The Scotty factor was dismissed after 1 race before Holden and its fans screamed "PARITY!!".
That's an outright lie.

AlbertM

Quote from: Ospif1 on April 13, 2022, 02:11:25 PM
Quote from: AlbertM on April 13, 2022, 11:04:26 AM

That's an outright lie.

Yeah? So Supercars weren't looking into parity with enforcing COG weight after ADL 2019.

Have you forgotten Roland Dane quote..."PWR ... have a slogan and it's called 'Engineering the Unfair Advantage' so we've got to deal with that at the moment."

Pity the old forum is gone, a few fans were claiming Scotty was lapping 1sec a lap faster than ZB. One of my Favs at time was "Mustang must have and advantage.  Lee Holdworth can't be running in the top 15".
Ford Faithful