News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Perf (Spoolers)

Started by Brazen, April 28, 2022, 11:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonic

Quote from: AlbertM on May 01, 2022, 03:35:02 PM
Because 9 of 25 doesn't sound as good.  Don't think a missed apex cost almost 4secs by the end of the race. If Mustang has an advantage it would've chased down ZB and won. Yes?

agreed, it didn't cost him 4 secs.... but chase down and won? that would require Giz to make an error which he makes very few of.

and that is a pretty poor decision from race control to hit Waters for 5 seconds... Davo ran him off the track with his dive.
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Sonic

Quote from: v8man11 on May 01, 2022, 03:40:06 PM
Waters gets a 5 sec penalty for Re-enter at turn 7, that is bull**** as Tim said, Davo gave him no room.

Tim will actually get some support this time I reckon!

Sonic

congrats to Cam on the win (that he is not credited for)... he deserved that one.

Davo gets the win but only earned 2nd...

and now race control has to cycle through the entire race video and penalise every driver 5 seconds...

Kytabu

Coincidentally Davo's last win also came due to a penalty for the first car across the line.

Agree with Waters. We have seen that exact move hundreds of times at Barbagallo. Fourth place not bad considering there were only seven laps after the SC.

Got to feel for Will Brown, can't take a trick this year.

Expecting to see SVG clear off from pole in Race 3.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

Sonic

race control robbing the Muzzies of a 1/2/3!

AlbertM

Quote from: Sonic on May 01, 2022, 03:42:26 PM
Because 9 of 25 doesn't sound as good.  Don't think a missed apex cost almost 4secs by the end of the race. If Mustang has an advantage it would've chased down ZB and won. Yes?

agreed, it didn't cost him 4 secs.... but chase down and won? that would require Giz to make an error which he makes very few of.

and that is a pretty poor decision from race control to hit Waters for 5 seconds... Davo ran him off the track with his dive.

But we have people saying that Mustang has an advantage because 3 finished well behind a ZB.
Ford Faithful

Sonic

Quote from: AlbertM on May 01, 2022, 03:58:37 PM

But we have people saying that Mustang has an advantage because 3 finished well behind a ZB.

behind 1 ZB... behind a freak...

and race control just robbed you of a 1/2/3 for the Mustang.

Ospif1

Good to see the Stangs finally get a win.  I would have laughed if it was SVG and not Davison in the battle with Waters and he got the penalty, can you imagine the sour grapes?  Finally a race where they don't do some silly strategy and throw away wins.

AlbertM

Quote from: Sonic on May 01, 2022, 03:59:46 PM
Quote from: AlbertM on May 01, 2022, 03:58:37 PM

behind 1 ZB... behind a freak...

and race control just robbed you of a 1/2/3 for the Mustang.

Mate, Supercars have been robbing us Ford faithful for decades.
Ford Faithful

djr18fan

Well I think Wilbur deserved the win. I reckon Cam turned in aggressively on Davison causing any rubbing.
I believe there should be some disadvantage from running off the track at turn 7. I thought that when someone did it very early in the race and didn't lose their spot.
Not sure that an unsafe re-entry penalty was appropriate.  But something is. Ideally a redress (Cam was overtaken fair & square). But if a redress not done then what can officials do?
It's similar to cutting a corner. You can gain an advantage by going off track at turn 7.
Once again, Fords shown to have an advantage.
Seems only 1 Holden can beat them, and in turn the Fords beat all the other Holdens.

AlbertM

Quote from: djr18fan on May 01, 2022, 05:13:12 PM
Seems only 1 Holden can beat them, and in turn the Fords beat all the other Holdens.
Did you not notice that the Mustangs were going backwards through the grid and the ZB going forward?
Ford Faithful

Sonic

Well I think Wilbur deserved the win. I reckon Cam turned in aggressively on Davison causing any rubbing.
I believe there should be some disadvantage from running off the track at turn 7. I thought that when someone did it very early in the race and didn't lose their spot.
Not sure that an unsafe re-entry penalty was appropriate.  But something is. Ideally a redress (Cam was overtaken fair & square). But if a redress not done then what can officials do?
It's similar to cutting a corner. You can gain an advantage by going off track at turn 7.

disagree with you.

for sure the dive was on and worth a go... but he ran out to the kerb fully... where was the car width for Cam to stay on track?

AlbertM

Neither Wilbur or Cam are at fault. Will would have never push Cam wide if there was no run off. Cam went off and held position. Will did not take evasive action to avoid Cam coming back on the track proper. Just another dud call from the stewards.
Ford Faithful

Sonic

kinda disappointed to have Giz win another one (but nice work on the burnout!)

BUT so good to see the other front runners putting up a defence!

Giz should have got a warning for multiple moves on the pit straight after he made the move on Davo.

Kostecki house will not be a pleasant place to be tonight

Joe5619

Quote from: AlbertM on May 01, 2022, 05:50:06 PM
Did you not notice that the Mustangs were going backwards through the grid and the ZB going forward?
That's just nonsense!!

Go look at the results on Supercar website & you'll see the +/- of each cars, lots of Mustangs moving forwards & lots of GM going backward & vice versa.

Just watched the Cam thing & it was BS.. Cam won that race!