News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Perf (Spoolers)

Started by Brazen, April 28, 2022, 11:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloopy

Quote from: Sonic on May 01, 2022, 06:20:31 PM
for sure the dive was on and worth a go... but he ran out to the kerb fully... where was the car width for Cam to stay on track?

Quote from: AlbertM on May 02, 2022, 11:10:16 PM
Had Cam tried to stay on the track proper both cars would have collided.

Both right but I think Cam needed to try and stay on track beside Davo to get the concrete proof that it would've unfolded that way. Instead he opened up the steering and zoomed off track on his own, with Davo getting no blame because the contact that did happen was caused more by Cam turning in well before he was out of room.

To my understanding, the driving off track there is what a bunch of cars were earning the bad sportsmanship flag for throughout the weekend. Larko suggested Cam coming across after re-entering also made it worse. I think it's quite reasonable that blatantly doing something that normally earns a bad sportsmanship flag is penalised more harshly when earning a trophy comes into play.

Reminds me of the time Frosty did a last corner bump and run on Slade at Surfers in 2014 to cross the line 3rd but Slade got the trophy. If it had happened 5 laps earlier and Frosty had finished the race miles ahead of Slade, probably nobody would have cared - much like Giz's bump and runs in Tassie weren't that big of a deal because he had the pace to win easily regardless.

Sonic

it also makes for an interesting scenario now when we get to Bathurst and the 'Chase bump' happens...
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

skaifeman

Quote from: Sonic on May 04, 2022, 08:57:01 AM
it also makes for an interesting scenario now when we get to Bathurst and the 'Chase bump' happens...

I believe a redress and two cars in the wall is required there :-X.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Sonic

Quote from: skaifeman on May 04, 2022, 09:39:56 AM
Quote from: Sonic on May 04, 2022, 08:57:01 AM

I believe a redress and two cars in the wall is required there :-X.

Indeed!

stevo qld

QuoteBathurst champion Chaz Mostert has called for lifetime bans for Supercars fans found to have engaged in on-line trolling.

The Walkinshaw Andretti United driver has come to the defence of driving standards advisor, Craig Baird, after a controversial call at last weekend's event in Perth.

Baird issued Ford's Cam Waters with a penalty for exceeding track limits, which cost the Tickford driver victory in race 11 of the championship.

Waters was deemed to have gained an advantage when he ran wide during a battle with DJR's Will Davison, and although Waters crossed the line first, he was demoted to fourth after being assessed a five second penalty.

In a lengthy social media post, Mostert backed Baird's call to penalise Waters, and also urged Supercars to come down hard on trolls.

"In this world and in every sport there will be controversial moments where people will sit on either side of the fence. That's just life," Mostert wrote.

"But what gives you the right as a person to target someone and throw aggression/hate and even threats to another person, and to top it off towards someone you personally don't even know?

"And even if you did know them it still doesn't give you the right to do this publicly in person or on any social media platform. What kind of example are you setting for the next generation? I think a pretty awful one."

/quote]

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/more-sports/bathurst-champ-calls-for-lifetime-bans-for-awful-act/ar-AAWVIhc?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=7feca78713c2419982bcfb3fa54f9823
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

mikeamerica84

If only there was a means to simply give Baird-o a smite on their website this would have never gotten to this level..... 8)
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Sonic

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on May 05, 2022, 04:15:52 PM
If only there was a means to simply give Baird-o a smite on their website this would have never gotten to this level..... 8)

:D

now here's a thinking man!!