News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

RIP Queen Elizabeth

Started by Trevor, September 09, 2022, 05:02:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

The Queen has died over night - now we have King Charles (not of the cavalier kind)
I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

LG

So we'll have a dog and a horse in charge then...

The Queen - an extremely remarkable and capable woman who was the epitome of a public servant.

May she rest in peace.

Sonic

Whether you agree with the monarchy or not it cannot be argued, I think, that she held herself in high regard while there was scandal all around. A woman of class.
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

V8SuperRiley

It's hard to not feel saddened by the passing of Her Majesty. She was a woman of class, whos dedication to serving her people was there until the very end.

Her light will shine forever bright.

meha

Regardless of your personal views of the monarchy it must be said that for many of us it is the only ruler that we have ever had or known of. She has been there through wars, and tragedy all the while leading the UK and the Commonwealth. RIP.

Zac

Australia is a constitutional monarchy, so we have a monarch. We could not have had a better one, and will never have one anywhere near as good as Elizabeth II. She was our monarch from January 1952 until today, over 70 years later - but due to her father's declining health, she had taken on more and more of the King's duties for some years before 1952. She said back then that she would devote her life, no matter how short or long it may be, to her duties, and she did. On Tuesday, just a few days ago, she was accepting the resignation of the British Prime Minister as well as asking the new PM to form a government. Pretty amazing lady really, and in many ways.

Here's a link to a radio broadcast she did in 1940. It goes on a bit, but go to around the 3-minute mark and listen to the end...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJI9LPFQth4

mikeamerica84

We are paying our respects here Up Over.  Harry S. Truman was our President when she was coronated.

Since then:  Dwight David Eisenhower, John Fitzgerald Kennedy, Lyndon Baines Johnson, Richard Milhous Nixon, Gerald Rudolph Ford, James Earl Carter, Jr., Ronald Wilson Reagan, George Herbert Walker Bush, William Jefferson Clinton, George Walker Bush, Barack Hussein Obama, Donald John Trump, & Joseph Robinette Biden, Jr.

THAT, my racing friends, is a LAUNDRY LIST!

I did hear a good one today, though.  One mentioned "Long Live the King!"

That is Richard Petty in these parts.   :D

Long Live King Charles III !
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Sonic

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on September 10, 2022, 01:57:36 PM
We are paying our respects here Up Over.  Harry S. Truman was our President when she was coronated.

Since then:  Dwight David Eisenhower, John Fitzgerald Kennedy, Lyndon Baines Johnson, Richard Milhous Nixon, Gerald Rudolph Ford, James Earl Carter, Jr., Ronald Wilson Reagan, George Herbert Walker Bush, William Jefferson Clinton, George Walker Bush, Barack Hussein Obama, Donald John Trump, & Joseph Robinette Biden, Jr.

Long live the King? Why bring Elvis into the conversation (a little more action please :P )
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

CP

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on September 10, 2022, 01:57:36 PM

Forgetting King Kenny of the two wheels my American friend.  ;)

I think King Chuckles reign will be quite interesting to watch unfold.

Charles is unique in his own special way and can be a bit bumbling at times.

It'll be equal parts entertaining and head shaking to watch unfold.