News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Applauds & Smites

Started by mikeamerica84, May 09, 2022, 06:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeamerica84

laser, sir.  Let us get rid of this portion of the forum.  I understand where it kind of made a little sense and feedback to the members upon conception, but it has gotten out of control where one can run up the score with someone anonymously for whatever reason and that someone has no recourse to respond to said shot.

Thanks in advance.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

madbugger

If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

LG

Somebody said this - "If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how."

Wise words.   :)  :)  :)

madbugger

Quote from: LG on May 09, 2022, 08:53:01 PM
Somebody said this - "If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how."

Wise words indeed . . . from a wise person ;D ;D ;D
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

LG

Quote from: madbugger on May 10, 2022, 02:46:56 PM
Quote from: LG on May 09, 2022, 08:53:01 PM

Wise words indeed . . . from a wise person ;D ;D ;D

Haha!  :)

murph_fan51

Not a huge fan of it myself. The first smite I got have no idea how as I wasn't posting much. Maybe someone watched Bathurst 05 and saw my username and decided murph can get a smite?

debris debris debris

Sonic

Quote from: murph_fan51 on May 11, 2022, 07:53:39 PM
Not a huge fan of it myself. The first smite I got have no idea how as I wasn't posting much. Maybe someone watched Bathurst 05 and saw my username and decided murph can get a smite?

oh there were some smites that day! :P LOL
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

TheArrow

Not a huge fan of it myself. The first smite I got have no idea how as I wasn't posting much.

I'd posted maybe twice within a few weeks and saw my smites grow. The posts were so innocuous. I think it's just childish to be honest. Grudges and whatnot.

Trevor

I think it is people just being smart-arses - they add no value really.  We are only a small group now, we don't need them

murph_fan51

So I wonder how many Applauds Trickyonne would have by now?  ;D
debris debris debris

stevo qld

Quote from: Trevor on May 12, 2022, 06:01:09 AM
I think it is people just being smart-arses - they add no value really.  We are only a small group now, we don't need them

Ignore them.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

mikeamerica84

Quote from: murph_fan51 on May 21, 2022, 11:08:33 AM
THAT is an interesting point, Murph.

Quote from: stevo qld on May 21, 2022, 01:15:13 PM
Ignore them.
THAT is good advice, Stevie.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Ospif1

Quote from: TheArrow on May 11, 2022, 10:37:42 PM

Not a huge fan of it myself. The first smite I got have no idea how as I wasn't posting much.

I'd posted maybe twice within a few weeks and saw my smites grow. The posts were so innocuous. I think it's just childish to be honest. Grudges and whatnot.
It's banter, nothing more.  Really no reason for people to take it to heart.

Trevor

Trevor

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on May 21, 2022, 02:29:34 PM
Quote from: murph_fan51 on May 21, 2022, 11:08:33 AM
THAT is an interesting point, Murph.
and one I hope we never find out

he must be kicking walls and screaming this morning - his illustrious religious nutter Prime Minster has GOOOOOONE