News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Applauds & Smites

Started by mikeamerica84, May 09, 2022, 06:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

Sonic

philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

AlbertM

Just curious. Do V8C members bookmark my posts or do you actively search for my posts to click on the smite?  I only ask as I've gone up 50+ despite not posting in any active topic for a few weeks.  Nice to know I play in your head that one of your daily chores is to find an old post of mine just to smite it. .
Ford Faithful

REM

Quote from: AlbertM on September 01, 2022, 11:59:50 AM
Just curious. Do V8C members bookmark my posts or do you actively search for my posts to click on the smite?  I only ask as I've gone up 50+ despite not posting in any active topic for a few weeks.  Nice to know I play in your head that one of your daily chores is to find an old post of mine just to smite it. .

It's pretty clear what is going on....all the long term Fordies are getting smacked with smites and the Holden boys are all getting the applause! It's a red forum here nowadays.....and a ghost town.....wear it with honour! I'll see if I can trigger them enough to catch you up.....  ;)

stevo qld

Quote from: AlbertM on September 01, 2022, 11:59:50 AM

I think you are misinterpeting the smite system. It is fuelled by the number of readers of that post, not the number of times that one actually posts. There are many more views of posts than posts made. Some members may not visit or read for weeks at a time.Take this thread for example. It currenty has 48 Replies and 1571 Views.  Yet you have a mere 436 smites, and that is the result of many other threads and many more reads.

Personally, I think the smite system is rubbish.
But you seem to care about it, possibly due to low self esteem and the need to be applauded.

Although I don't like the system, I can easily understand that a lot of members get pissed off with some of the crap posted. The quoted post and REM's following are good examples of crap.

I just might be tempted to commence to smite someone. ;D

Much better, the string needs to be locked.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

LG

If you feel that poorly about the thread then I suggest you simply ignore it...  ;)

Trevor

well said LG

Personally, I just find it amusing that I get 'smited' so much.  In other words I couldn't give a flying ****

madbugger

Quote from: Trevor on September 02, 2022, 07:10:45 AM
well said LG

Personally, I just find it amusing that I get 'smited' so much.  In other words I couldn't give a flying ****

To keep you amused, I just upped your count  ;D ;D ;D
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

REM

well said LG

It's only the long term Fordies who are Trev....clear as day....and now that Col, Andrew et al aren't around...it's pretty clear what is going on.....pay it no mind....just a couple of timid, spiteful red fans hitting us every day to needle you....probably just one individual with nothing better to do... ;)

Trevor

Quote from: madbugger on September 02, 2022, 07:13:57 AM
well said LG

To keep you amused, I just upped your count  ;D ;D ;D
and right back at ya  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Trevor

Quote from: REM on September 02, 2022, 07:42:06 AMIt's only the long term Fordies who are Trev....clear as day....and now that Col, Andrew et al aren't around...it's pretty clear what is going on.....pay it no mind....just a couple of timid, spiteful red fans hitting us every day to needle you....probably just one individual with nothing better to do... ;)
I agree

Trevor

LG or Sonic, can you contact Laser to try to get rid of it.  I don't have his number any more - new phone and all that  :D

Sonic

Quote from: Trevor on September 02, 2022, 09:00:20 AM
LG or Sonic, can you contact Laser to try to get rid of it.  I don't have his number any more - new phone and all that  :D

I'll let him know but I don't know if it is something that can be removed or not as it may be a page thing.
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

madbugger

Quote from: Sonic on September 02, 2022, 01:10:39 PM
Quote from: Trevor on September 02, 2022, 09:00:20 AM

I'll let him know but I don't know if it is something that can be removed or not as it may be a page thing.

I'm on another forum that uses version SMF 2.1.2 and there are no smites and applauds.

it appears we here are on 2.0.18

It may be that once turned on it can't be turned off, but I would think it would just be an on/off toggle in the back end somewhere.
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

Ospif1

well said LG

It's pretty funny watching people get so worked up over something so meaningless which is supposed to be light hearted.