News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Is it too early to talk about Bathurst? (possible spoilers in the future)

Started by Yamarocket630, June 10, 2022, 11:40:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yamarocket630

Wife and I are making a second pilgrimage to OZ this year, assuming the borders dont close again and we dont die in one of 'Murica's mass shootings before then.

In 2019 we really didnt have the time to see most of what happens around the circuit on the Sat-Sun we were there.  This time we'll be at Mt Panorama Fri-Sat-Sun.

Last time we did get up to Reid and McPhillamy (SP) and over to the Chase in addition to pit straight.  Is there any good viewing areas we missed that are open to trackside ticket holders?  Is the museum worth it?  What about anything happening in Bathurst itself?

For the record, although she does not watch the races, my wife enjoys being there as much as I do or even more.

fordman

suggest get a paddock pass only 45 bucks I think, go across the bridge and walk the pits and go up to conrod straight you can walk past all the support categories puts as well and get a bit closer to the cars than you do with the supercar pits.

in town they have driver signings at various sponsors outlets but that's usually wed/thurs. There is a truck parade through town on Wednesday. Not sure what else maybe happening in town?

Bloopy

I've never been to the race but I visited the museum back in 1996 as a kid and enjoyed it. Should be more interesting now with more cars I've watched on TV. Mostert's Bathurst crash car for one.

murph_fan51

The walking track along the top, does that stay closed all weekend or open after the races? I'd love to walk that next time to Bathurst.
debris debris debris

fordman

Quote from: murph_fan51 on June 10, 2022, 04:07:58 PM
The walking track along the top, does that stay closed all weekend or open after the races? I'd love to walk that next time to Bathurst.

pretty sure it closed race days?

Trevor

if you are talking about the new one, mountain side, or the one, on the right hand side as they go over the top, it is closed during racing but open when the track is closed for racing and open to the public

Trevor

we have learnt that booking camping tickets is a pain in the arse.  I really wish Ticketek got their shyte together

Sonic

Quote from: fordman on June 10, 2022, 05:01:53 PM

pretty sure it closed race days?

yup, during the races it is. but (unless SC do their thing) it should be open after racing has finished each day to do a track walk
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

skaifeman

The grid is complete:
https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/28-car-bathurst-grid-locked-in/

Only 3 Wildcards in the end.
- Triple Eight / Lowndes and Fraser
- Erebus / Murphy and Stanaway
- Matt Chahda Motorsport / Chahda and and Robotham
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

DanielVella

18 days till we leave to go to Bathurst very exciting after 2 years away from not being allowed to travel inter state.

Sonic

philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

fordman

Kytabu

"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

skaifeman

Quote from: Kytabu on September 14, 2022, 04:10:57 PM
Heading up Saturday night just for the race.

I typically do the opposite. Thur-Sat. Leave after the Shootout and watch the race from the comfort of home. Keeps you up to date with fuel/tyres/strategy etc.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

fordman

Quote from: skaifeman on September 14, 2022, 04:20:23 PM
Quote from: Kytabu on September 14, 2022, 04:10:57 PM
Heading up Saturday night just for the race.

I typically do the opposite. Thur-Sat. Leave after the Shootout and watch the race from the comfort of home. Keeps you up to date with fuel/tyres/strategy etc.

still pissed they don't make DVD of the race, being at the race you miss a lot of the pit action and the reasons for some incidents etc