News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Is it too early to talk about Bathurst? (possible spoilers in the future)

Started by Yamarocket630, June 10, 2022, 11:40:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

Quote from: skaifeman on October 12, 2022, 09:13:04 AM
He makes me nervous. Over defending, always seems to be pushing 110% making him privvy to a mistake.
Parking it right on the line at the starting grid was just the start of the day.

Maybe not a waste of space, but to have the plumb drive with Waters...
I had dealings with him in his FF days and I was a senior official at Winton, trust me, he is a waste of space
I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

Troy01505

Quote from: Trevor on October 11, 2022, 07:34:49 PM
IMHO Moffat is a waste of space

Waste of space or just wrong car? Moff is probably suited to co-drive in a car outside the top 15. I'm not a cam fan as you know but I know Cam had potential to win Bathurst in his current form with a co-driver that has a decent head on his/her shoulders, not Moff.

Moff totally ****ed the start, turned in on Brodie and nearly turned in on Chaz at the exact same location, luckily Chaz back out otherwise it was bye bye podium. Any driver with half a brain would have let the faster car go by a corner or 2 prior and left the racing to the bloke capable of racing the cars.

Tickford management need to pull their fingers out of their asses and sign Cam a Gun co-driver, Holdsworth has proved as a co-driver he can match the lead driver and also went toe to toe with top quality main game drivers last year from memory. He should be their number 1 target!

Trevor

I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

Troy01505

skaifeman

Quote from: Troy01505 on October 13, 2022, 09:51:34 AM
Quote from: Trevor on October 13, 2022, 07:16:39 AM
Coulthard would be a good pick

I reckon WAU will lock him in any second now

Issue is I think Holdsworth is heading back. Does either Holdsworth or Coulthard want to team up with Percat?
If I were one of them I'd be looking at a Waters or DJR seat - if proposed to Percat.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

mikeamerica84

For all of those who were there, I was watching from abroad and noticed that when Crompo and Skaife were talking, it seemed like the audio was being broadcasted at the track.  I noticed this before at other tracks.

Was it that way?
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

skaifeman

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on October 13, 2022, 10:19:00 AM
For all of those who were there, I was watching from abroad and noticed that when Crompo and Skaife were talking, it seemed like the audio was being broadcasted at the track.  I noticed this before at other tracks.

Was it that way?

They've been doing that for a few years now. Likely when Fox took over the broadcast rights.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

TheArrow

Quote from: skaifeman on October 13, 2022, 10:37:48 AM
Quote from: mikeamerica84 on October 13, 2022, 10:19:00 AM

Was it that way?

They've been doing that for a few years now. Likely when Fox took over the broadcast rights.
The first few seasons with Fox were still with a separate on track comm team. I think it was around the time of COVID that they stopped the on track comm team and just aired the broadcast comms.

Yamarocket630

2019 Bathurst had Skaife and Crompton over the track PA speakers as well.