News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Is it too early to talk about Bathurst? (possible spoilers in the future)

Started by Yamarocket630, June 10, 2022, 11:40:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kytabu

Quote from: skaifeman on September 14, 2022, 04:20:23 PM
Quote from: Kytabu on September 14, 2022, 04:10:57 PM
Heading up Saturday night just for the race.

I typically do the opposite. Thur-Sat. Leave after the Shootout and watch the race from the comfort of home. Keeps you up to date with fuel/tyres/strategy etc.
Kayo ;D
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

Alan59

Quote from: fordman on September 14, 2022, 04:34:30 PM

I typically do the opposite. Thur-Sat. Leave after the Shootout and watch the race from the comfort of home. Keeps you up to date with fuel/tyres/strategy etc.

still pissed they don't make DVD of the race, being at the race you miss a lot of the pit action and the reasons for some incidents etc
DVD recorder.Then burn to disc.
That invention was a primary reason they stopped doing them.Killed the market.
BTW-After releasing dvds with full replays of the 7 era from 1976 to 1996 they have started on the 10 era with a full replay of the 97 race.
Heading up Friday morning.Aim to be on top of mountain for 10am Supercars session or maybe even preceding Super2 qualifying.

CP

Quote from: Alan59 on September 14, 2022, 07:27:07 PM
Quote from: fordman on September 14, 2022, 04:34:30 PM

still pissed they don't make DVD of the race, being at the race you miss a lot of the pit action and the reasons for some incidents etc
DVD recorder.Then burn to disc.
That invention was a primary reason they stopped doing them.Killed the market.
BTW-After releasing dvds with full replays of the 7 era from 1976 to 1996 they have started on the 10 era with a full replay of the 97 race.
Heading up Friday morning.Aim to be on top of mountain for 10am Supercars session or maybe even preceding Super2 qualifying.

The Bathurst DVDs when all released will only go to 2014.

Pretty sure anything from 2015 onwards is entirely under Foxtels control, hence no full race DVDs from 2016 onwards.

Iggle Piggle

Yamarocket630

Wife and I will be there Friday Sat and Sunday this year.

It would be great to see Will Davison win a second time in person.  With the price of airline tickets it might be a while before we can come back.

murph_fan51

debris debris debris

fordman

Alan59

Quote from: fordman on September 20, 2022, 01:47:09 PM
Anyone here got their vehicle passes yet?
I guess you're talking about the vehicle passes for campers.I got an email from Ticketek saying they would be sent out this week.We will be emailed tracking for them.
They still haven't been sent but it's only Tuesday.

fordman

Quote from: Alan59 on September 20, 2022, 04:55:45 PM
Quote from: fordman on September 20, 2022, 01:47:09 PM
Anyone here got their vehicle passes yet?
I guess you're talking about the vehicle passes for campers.I got an email from Ticketek saying they would be sent out this week.We will be emailed tracking for them.
They still haven't been sent but it's only Tuesday.

Ok thanks for that.

Yamarocket630

Quote from: murph_fan51 on September 18, 2022, 10:52:53 AM
I take it you were there in 2016?

I was not, but I got to watch it at least. We used to get decent coverage of V8s here in the states. Not so much anymore.

I guess I should have said see Davo win it in person this time around.

mikeamerica84

The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Yamarocket630

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on September 22, 2022, 12:37:38 AM
Quote from: Yamarocket630 on September 21, 2022, 12:43:50 PM
We used to get decent coverage of V8s here in the states......
We DID? ???

Well the races on speedvision back in the day were condensed, but at least they did a decent job of covering the majority of the action. That was back before the races could be streamed from either legit or less than legit sources.

mikeamerica84

I remember the early days of Speedvision, and in 2011, SPEED TV (now FS1) televised the entire event. 

A prequal to that was Jason Bright taking Darrell Waltrip around the course a few times.  Still hilarious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dklKiwz945A

mikeamerica84

Quote from: Yamarocket630 on September 22, 2022, 01:44:34 AM
Well the races on speedvision back in the day were condensed...
The condensed coverage we got of Supercars circa 2004-2005 albeit QUITE condensed, gave me my first look at the Bathurst 1000.  A one hour presentation of the Great Race.  The first time they went up through Griffins Bend, then the Cutting, and across the top and down, my jaw was in my lap.  I had heard about this race in the early/mid-90s when Dick Johnson came over to the States and ran a couple of NASCAR road races in the Redcote Ford but that was it until then.  Media/internet coverage was simply not there for us.  The announcers spoke of the Bathurst 1000 and its place in Australian motorsport, and I always remembered that.

So when it comes to Bathurst, THAT condensed version from the mid 2000s was the moment this Yank became hooked on Supercars.  I have since learned more and more about it, the drivers, the cars, and the series.

Yams and I may have gotten a bit off topic with our Yank banter, but I think I just may have gotten us back between the ditches for this thread.  Let us continue on, talk about Bathurst, and possibly throw some spoliers out there.   ;D