News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

19000 backorders.....whoa!!!

Started by REM, June 18, 2022, 07:21:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

REM

https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-news/2022-ford-ranger-everest-over-19000-orders-waits-up-to-nine-months?fbclid=IwAR07FS68K2VtICP25f-TaCco9fUcmAodVX56SjmhSPC5B1VNZwor1IMm6uA&fs=e&s=cl

This must be some sort of precedent! Has anybody known of such a demand for a vehicle here in Australia before? Well done Ford.......but please don't make me wait too long!!!

murph_fan51

I'm sure demand has been higher for other cars in Australia, you just don't hear about it because there was no part delays causing slow build therefore huge back orders. The news title is a bit misleading

I'm sure the Corolla would have 50,000 back ordered if they too had delays!

I wonder how many of these ordered are electric models?
debris debris debris

REM

Hmmm.....I am not sure another car has been as anticipated as this one....50'000 Corollas lol! ;) The arrival date is July, so the back log is yet to actually occur, in terms of deliveries and people are still ordering despite the expected delays....

djr18fan

A 12 month wait for Toyota RAV4 Hybrids equals about 15,000 orders. Throw in another few thousand for the 6-9 month delay on other RAV4 models and you'll probably exceed 19,000 orders.

REM

stevo qld

Ever since I was a young fella, I heard the slogan "Truck with Ford". It appears to be correct these days. ;D
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

djr18fan

Quote from: stevo qld on June 18, 2022, 05:24:43 PM
Ever since I was a young fella, I heard the slogan "Truck with Ford". It appears to be correct these days. ;D

Did you see that Ford's finished 1st & 2nd in Darwin today? Any comment about parity?

stevo qld

Quote from: djr18fan on June 18, 2022, 05:29:53 PM

Did you see that Ford's finished 1st & 2nd in Darwin today? Any comment about parity?

Yes, but I would not be so mean as to post it in a non spoiler thread.

This thread is just one of 3 or 4 currently running on Ford trucks. I don't see that a low volume sporty car will be purchased instead of a Ranger.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

djr18fan

Quote from: stevo qld on June 18, 2022, 06:41:29 PM
Quote from: djr18fan on June 18, 2022, 05:29:53 PM

Yes, but I would not be so mean as to post it in a non spoiler thread.

This thread is just one of 3 or 4 currently running on Ford trucks. I don't see that a low volume sporty car will be purchased instead of a Ranger.

I meant to reply to REM sorry.

Lucky the action was live on 7 today.

skaifeman

If it was done by the Australian tech team, good on them. Happy to see this country can still offer something to the world.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

REM

Quote from: skaifeman on June 18, 2022, 11:30:35 PM
If it was done by the Australian tech team, good on them. Happy to see this country can still offer something to the world.

Yeah it was, as close as you can come to an Aussie car nowadays......very excited! Mine is due November....so they say.....

murph_fan51

debris debris debris

REM

How many Rangers were affected?  ;) :o

V8SuperRiley

I think the amount of cars on back order would shock most people..

Looking at the numbers from our dealership alone, many Toyota's would surpass the 19,000 back order number from Ford.. I would say the Hilux, Rav and possibly the LC300.

REM

Had my order for Everest Sport confirmed today and my NSC number provided.....very exciting!

In a moment of doubt, I rang MotorScout on Monday (Large Car broker) to sound out a price for the Titanium(instead of the Sport).....the rep advised a tempting price....but advised of a minimum 12month wait.....he also stated that the level of interest in the new Gen Everest is unprecedented in their sector and the phone constantly rings with people wanting to order one....