News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

The 'SVG factor'

Started by Zac, May 23, 2022, 09:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zac

We're having this discussion at the very time that the Fords are proving equal to, if not better than the Holdens (apart from the 'SVG factor'). There's been no parity adjustment, but somehow the Fords are back winning races. Ford won the round, two poles, two wins - and apart from SVG, the only other Holden to get a podium after three races was Andre Heimgartner with a 3rd in one race. Given "current precedents :)", don't count on any "trim" the way Cam Waters is going - and look on the bright side: We even managed to give the poor old AU a mention again.   

AlbertM

Then why another parity thread. The only ones to mention parity this weekend and start another thread on it were a couple of red fans.

Ford's are "if not better"? You just got though telling us it's the driver that is the factor, now Ford wins 2 races it's the car that did it. LMAO!

Ford Faithful

the undertaker

I guess with the Mustangs starting to return to form, a parity adjustment is now on the cards!

Zac

Quote from: AlbertM on May 25, 2022, 11:22:45 AM
Then why another parity thread. The only ones to mention parity this weekend and start another thread on it were a couple of red fans.

Ford's are "if not better"? You just got though telling us it's the driver that is the factor, now Ford wins 2 races it's the car that did it. LMAO!
You can call it "another parity thread" if you want. I called it 'The SVG factor' thread, because I'm pointing out what is obvious to most people who follow this category.  That is, the dominant factor in the results this year is Shane van Gisbergen's performance, more than any difference, imagined or real, between the specs of the two brands of car. You can argue all you want about parity, although you're pushing a lost cause. The two brands are more equal than ever and we're coming up to the second half of the last season with these cars. If anything, the Ford teams are outperforming the Holden teams (apart from SVG), and for me, parity is now a non-issue. Any other take you want to take out of my posts is more in your head than anything I wrote. 

skaifeman

Quote from: REM on May 24, 2022, 12:13:02 PM
Quote from: Zac on May 24, 2022, 10:02:08 AM
Albert, yes, I remember that back in 2019, over three years ago. The weight adjustments, the front undertray, the rear wing and endplates...  (less downforce, but reduced drag and better straight-line speed) and so on and so forth. It went on and on here although I barely contributed as I thought it was fair enough. We could go over it again, but I remember Scott kept on winning, ending up with another title that year, 5-600 points ahead of the 888 cars. He went on to do the same thing the next year, his third consecutive title, winning with a Ford 1-2 ahead of Cam Waters and with the 888 cars again about 500 points behind. Maybe there should have been an 'SMcL' parity adjustment back then, but moving on...

I wonder if next year both sides of these parity chats will be happy....   

and as good as SVG is, he isn't the best at one lap speed for pole.....and thereby, starting at the front is important....and where Scott usually started!

Just for the sake of going in circles.
Why is an acceptable argument SVG "isn't the best at one lap speed for pole," but an unacceptable argument would be me saying "SVG is the best over a race distance, hence why he wins."
Both are driver related, and yet one stands and the other doesn't.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

AlbertM

Quote from: Zac on May 25, 2022, 04:32:26 PM
Quote from: AlbertM on May 25, 2022, 11:22:45 AM

You can call it "another parity thread" if you want. I called it 'The SVG factor' thread, because I'm pointing out what is obvious to most people who follow this category.  That is, the dominant factor in the results this year is Shane van Gisbergen's performance, more than any difference, imagined or real, between the specs of the two brands of car. You can argue all you want about parity, although you're pushing a lost cause. The two brands are more equal than ever and we're coming up to the second half of the last season with these cars. If anything, the Ford teams are outperforming the Holden teams (apart from SVG), and for me, parity is now a non-issue. Any other take you want to take out of my posts is more in your head than anything I wrote.
Nah, a lost cause would be more like pretending Holden still exists.

Again, we are in a discussion forum. We are allowed to have different opinions.  So get over yourself.

Can I have the last word again? I sleep better if I do.  ;D
Ford Faithful

Zac

Go for it, Albie. Try harder this time.

skaifeman

In Rusty's latest podcast with Ross Stone, Ross says that SVG is the most naturally gifted driver he's ever seen.

A great listen, for both sides of the fence (as they always are).
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Zac

Ross also said about Shane: "He's driving really well. He's the man. He's just driving better and better."

Troy01505

We are going to see more of the Gizzy factor next season when the aero reduces especially since the other top class drivers struggle with a car that is a bees dick from perfect

mikeamerica84

I'd really like to see SVG move on to something else.  I mean.... think about it.  If he was not in the Supercars series this year, imagine the battle for the points lead.  Holden v. Mustang aside.... it would be GREAT!

But a big fish in a small pond has its advantages.  I am just SOOOOOO glad that Kytabu came up with an idea to "remove" him from the V8CFL and make his finishing positions a tipping comp.  We had this SVG factor nailed from the start of this season thanks to his brain genius.

Hats off, Kye!  Thanks heaps!
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life