News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

19000 backorders.....whoa!!!

Started by REM, June 18, 2022, 07:21:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

My son is kicking himself, he thought about get a new Ranger Raptor as soon as details were released.  He went and put a deposit on one.  Then changed his mind and cancelled the order

He had a re-think and has ordered a Wildtrak, but . . . . . . . . . .now has to wait a bucket load longer, he lost his place in the que
I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

LG

You have patience REM.
I couldn't place an order and wait months for a new car.
If it was a GT40 or a Bentley then, maybe...

REM

gratification delayment is good for me to practice and save coin too.....

Trev....oh no! Chatting with Josh Dowling and after driving one, he reckons the Raptor will blow minds....any time the journo actually goes out post test and buys the car.....it's a good one! ;)

Ospif1

We had a Raptor at work to design for aftermarket and it's a nice piece of kit for sure.  I think the Wildtrak is better value for money though as I couldn't really justify the price increase over that model for what you're getting but it is a looker. 

PVDA

Quote from: djr18fan on June 18, 2022, 11:06:57 AMA 12 month wait for Toyota RAV4 Hybrids equals about 15,000 orders. Throw in another few thousand for the 6-9 month delay

I believe it is closer to 2 year wait for a Hybrid RAV4.

REM

Quote from: Ospif1 on August 20, 2022, 05:23:56 PM
We had a Raptor at work to design for aftermarket and it's a nice piece of kit for sure.  I think the Wildtrak is better value for money though as I couldn't really justify the price increase over that model for what you're getting but it is a looker.

Watch Josh test the Raptor....love it when loves swearing in disbelief at the performance....

https://www.drive.com.au/reviews/2023-ford-ranger-raptor-prototype-test-drive/

madbugger

Quote from: REM on August 21, 2022, 12:27:44 PM
Quote from: Ospif1 on August 20, 2022, 05:23:56 PM

Watch Josh test the Raptor....love it when loves swearing in disbelief at the performance....

https://www.drive.com.au/reviews/2023-ford-ranger-raptor-prototype-test-drive/

when you start talking equal 0-100 with an XR6 turbo  then you are in some pretty good company

impressive stuff and mine will be ordered just as soon as I get 5 more numbers on a Thursday night than I generally do.😁
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

V8SuperRiley

Quote from: PVDA on August 20, 2022, 09:44:50 PM
Quote from: djr18fan on June 18, 2022, 11:06:57 AMA 12 month wait for Toyota RAV4 Hybrids equals about 15,000 orders. Throw in another few thousand for the 6-9 month delay

I believe it is closer to 2 year wait for a Hybrid RAV4.

Pretty close to 2 years now.

We've also stopped taking order for the 70 series range, until they can catch up on back orders. I wouldn't be surprised to see the 300 series follow that same path soon..

Trevor

Nissan Patrol sales are through the roof too, my son bought a Y62 new in 2019, spent a bit on it to 4WD it, sold it earlier this year and lost $2k in 3 years, went to a dealer in W.A. who bought it from Vict sight unseen, put a lazy $14k on it and sold it in 2 days
I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

REM

Quote from: Trevor on August 22, 2022, 10:17:51 AM
Nissan Patrol sales are through the roof too, my son bought a Y62 new in 2019, spent a bit on it to 4WD it, sold it earlier this year and lost $2k in 3 years, went to a dealer in W.A. who bought it from Vict sight unseen, put a lazy $14k on it and sold it in 2 days

Yeah they are selling heaps of them too.....but I just look at Y62's and Cruisers and wonder how people can afford to fuel them, maybe just weekend and tow cars.....?