News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

The Bend Supersprint - Spoilers possible

Started by Trevor, July 28, 2022, 07:45:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

Who is going, who is going to win, does anyone care if SVG wins?
I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

madbugger

I'm just happy you spelt spoilers correctly  ;D
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

Sonic

Would have been nice to go but funds are tight and I didn't have creds so it would have cost me a bundle that I couldn't afford.

philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

mikeamerica84

Quote from: madbugger on July 28, 2022, 07:46:00 AM
I'm just happy you spelt spoilers correctly  ;D
I beg to differ, bugger.  It is spelled differrentely on this forum.

Thanks for starting the thread, Trev.  Say "Hi" to Hazel for us.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

skaifeman

I'm expecting the Shell cars to win here. They were bloody fast here last year (especially ADP) and they have the wind in the sails right now.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

REM

SVG will be hard to top, but hoping Camo and the beast of a 6 Stang can jag a win....

stevo qld

Another boring race meeting, according to Channel 7 and Supercars.

A 1 hour broadcast from 8.30 to 9.30 each day, but being Channel 7, it will probably start late.

That's 20 minutes of advertising, heaps of talking heads and replays, with about 25 to 30 minutes of highlights, after they cut out the boring bits. :( ::)
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Zac

From the ridiculous to the sublime:

Friday:     08:40am - 05:00pm
    Saturday: 07:35am - 06:30pm
    Sunday:   08:00am - 04:45pm

That's over 28 hours. I'll record about 7-8 hours to view later, zap through the ads and talking heads, and enjoy about 4-5 hours of it.

Troy01505

It's a ford track. I am predicting ford 1-2 all weekend.

Ospif1

Quote from: Troy01505 on July 30, 2022, 09:01:41 AM
It's a ford track. I am predicting ford 1-2 all weekend.
What makes it a Ford track?

Joe5619

WOW.. Zak Best has been very impressive!

And now pole!!

skaifeman

Quote from: Joe5619 on July 30, 2022, 02:36:13 PM
WOW.. Zak Best has been very impressive!

Just fantastic. To beat Courtney and Waters in the same car (along with the rest of the field!), what the hell! Congratulations.

When was the last time we had a wildcard (privateer) on pole, in a blank car!
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

LG

Unbelievable!
Good on him.
The first lap could be very interesting.

Ospif1

That's really impressive.  He may struggle with the intensity of the race at this level but clearly he has the raw speed and the rest will come with experience.

skaifeman

Quote from: LG on July 30, 2022, 02:54:21 PM
Unbelievable!
Good on him.
The first lap could be very interesting.

I'd imagine that SVG will give him the elbows, and Waters didn't seem too stoked about being behind either.
Good luck to the young man, will be interesting to watch.

I reckon Best jumped the start. He creeped a few times and looked to be moving when the lights went green.
...He's been cleared, very close.