News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

The Bend Supersprint - Spoilers possible

Started by Trevor, July 28, 2022, 07:45:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iggle Piggle

Quote from: AlbertM on August 01, 2022, 10:02:10 PM
Quote from: Iggle Piggle on August 01, 2022, 07:06:13 PM
Rage against it all you want, but it is not me you need to convince.  Supercars are chalking up the win to Holden and adding it to their tally, so despite what you may think they are putting it on the scoreboard and in the history books.
No rage. Just correcting your mis-information. I'm not denying Holdens Supercar record.

lol, what exactly did you correct?  I stated Holden won this year's Manufacturer's Championship.  Posted a link from Supercars themselves saying Holden won the Manufacturer's Championship.  What mis-information did you supposedly correct?

stevo qld

Quote from: AlbertM on August 01, 2022, 10:02:10 PM
Quote from: Iggle Piggle on August 01, 2022, 07:06:13 PM
Rage against it all you want, but it is not me you need to convince.  Supercars are chalking up the win to Holden and adding it to their tally, so despite what you may think they are putting it on the scoreboard and in the history books.
No rage. Just correcting your mis-information. I'm not denying Holdens Supercar record.

Maybe they will fix the overall scoring next year., i.e.

All GM winners, including, Camaro, Nova etc, if any.

vs

All Ford winners.

ps: I do differ on somebody's comment about the Holden Supercar not being a GM product. If I am not mistaken, it was developed from a GM Opel to be sold in Australia, although later Holden road cars were produced by PSA after they purchased Opel.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Trevor

oh yeah, it was great to see the commentating team up to their old antics, showing footage of the BJR driver using a windscreen cleaner.  As soon as I saw it I thought 'here we go, penalty soon' and then that piece of **** James Taylor gives him a whack
I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

Sonic

Quote from: Trevor on August 02, 2022, 05:55:17 AM
oh yeah, it was great to see the commentating team up to their old antics, showing footage of the BJR driver using a windscreen cleaner.  As soon as I saw it I thought 'here we go, penalty soon' and then that piece of **** James Taylor gives him a whack

anything in the cab should be hit with it regardless of what it is. imagine what could be if Andre had one in his cab at 38G impact into Thomas... it would have done a lot more that a windscreen!
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Iggle Piggle

Would be the production team that showed the footage - commentary team just talks to what production team show.  "Here we go, production team up to their old antics of showing us things of interest".

Would you rather they don't show us these things?  Don't show us replays of people getting turned around either, so as to avoid someone getting a penalty?  Don't show us someone jumping the start?  Don't show us cars getting dropped with a wheel-gun still on the wheel?  Don't show us wheels spinning during a stop with the car up on jacks?

Or is it just the 100 mile per hour squeegee that should never be shown?  At least you wouldn't have been one of the many calling for a penalty when Dumbrell was using a squeegee at Bathurst in 2017.

skaifeman

They do a bloody good job for a two man effort! Do they handle the cameras too? :D
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

mikeamerica84

I remember a few years back at Phillip Island (I think) the cameras caught a half dozen cars coming into pit lane cutting the final corner/crossing a line.  They were all pinged.  Then the question came up, who ELSE did this?  The officials were using the TV camera crew to enforce their rules. 

The next race there that round they stationed an official at pit entrance to actually watch for the infractions.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Trevor

Quote from: Iggle Piggle on August 02, 2022, 08:05:55 AM
Would be the production team that showed the footage - commentary team just talks to what production team show.  "Here we go, production team up to their old antics of showing us things of interest".

Would you rather they don't show us these things?  Don't show us replays of people getting turned around either, so as to avoid someone getting a penalty?  Don't show us someone jumping the start?  Don't show us cars getting dropped with a wheel-gun still on the wheel?  Don't show us wheels spinning during a stop with the car up on jacks?

Or is it just the 100 mile per hour squeegee that should never be shown?  At least you wouldn't have been one of the many calling for a penalty when Dumbrell was using a squeegee at Bathurst in 2017.
you do know that Supercars owns the TV and the commentators right, there is this thing called 'Supercars TV' and it employs the commentators - these are NOT independent people

PHARK IT!!!!!

Trevor

Quote from: skaifeman on August 02, 2022, 09:18:47 AM
They do a bloody good job for a two man effort! Do they handle the cameras too? :D
sarcasm is the lowest form of wit

Commentators and the whole TV thing is owned by Supercars, NOT Ch 7 - wake the **** up

PHARK IT!!!!!

Trevor

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on August 02, 2022, 09:34:09 AM
I remember a few years back at Phillip Island (I think) the cameras caught a half dozen cars coming into pit lane cutting the final corner/crossing a line.  They were all pinged.  Then the question came up, who ELSE did this?  The officials were using the TV camera crew to enforce their rules. 

The next race there that round they stationed an official at pit entrance to actually watch for the infractions.
Thanks Mike, yes those in the 'tower of power' rely on the TV coverage, next time these nay-sayers watch and they cross to the 'tower of power' have a look at how many TV screens are in there

Some people who post seem to forget I was an insider once

PHARK IT!!!!!

Trevor

Quote from: Iggle Piggle on August 02, 2022, 08:05:55 AM

there are pit lane officials watching all that, they physically stand there and obsrve - do you really know so little about Supercars?

Quote from: Iggle Piggle on August 02, 2022, 08:05:55 AMOr is it just the 100 mile per hour squeegee that should never be shown?  At least you wouldn't have been one of the many calling for a penalty when Dumbrell was using a squeegee at Bathurst in 2017.
and I can 100% guarantee that if the TV didn't show it they wouldn't have been pinged, same as Ambrose the fire balaclava

PHARK IT!!!!!

djr18fan

So I think we've established that supercars officials use footage from suprcars cameras to assist with making decisions. At least they don't stop play while they watch replays like other sports.

I was hoping whoever turned Davison around was going to get penalised. I don't recall seeing a replay of that. Perhaps cameras weren't aimed at the back of the field.

stevo qld

After reading the comments above, I realised that in an approximately 15 minute race highlights telecast on 7, some considerable time was spent on the loose/velcrod loose object. :(
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

V8SuperRiley

Quote from: djr18fan on August 02, 2022, 10:32:47 AM

I was hoping whoever turned Davison around was going to get penalised. I don't recall seeing a replay of that. Perhaps cameras weren't aimed at the back of the field.

If we're talking the second race, I believe it was ruled a racing incident, Davo was as much to blame as Best in that one. We did get replays of it also.

skaifeman

Quote from: djr18fan on August 02, 2022, 10:32:47 AM

Mostert whilst having a fantastic dice that lasted half a lap or so.

Quote from: Trevor on August 02, 2022, 09:52:02 AM
Quote from: skaifeman on August 02, 2022, 09:18:47 AM
sarcasm is the lowest form of wit

Commentators and the whole TV thing is owned by Supercars, NOT Ch 7 - wake the **** up

1. Do you really think the "commentators" (a) make the decision to cut to a scene and (b) for the purpose to penalise?
2. You'd have to be living under a rock to think Ch7 has anything to do with the production of Supercars. So yes, I'm awake.

Mike and yourself make a good point of penalties based on TV vision, but to suggest that the commentators are behind it, and deliberately?
Blame the need for cameras in the car and a fantastic (you might think over the top) telecast, rather than the two guys who just talk to the screens.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977