News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

The Bend Supersprint - Spoilers possible

Started by Trevor, July 28, 2022, 07:45:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

Trevor

PHARK IT!!!!!

Trevor

PHARK IT!!!!!

Iggle Piggle

What's on all the other screens in race control?

Do they listen to the commentary?

Does the commentary team choose what footage is shown and select the replays?

Give us the "inside" word, or admit you were wrong Fonzie.

Zac

Mulva didn't mention that Trev used to be an insider at Winton. Love your work, Iggle (Trev's a good bloke BTW, if a little biased, probably why he notices bias so much) - and I'm in agreement with Stevo, too. We can watch the coverage, criticising the commentators (which is easy to do in most sports), complain about the management of the series, or keep saying that the racing is boring, but I don't see much on here about ways to improve all that which we complain about. I understand that some find it boring when a competitor in any sport dominates, especially when it's the wrong competitor, but these things come and go. If TV viewers didn't like last weekend's racing and found the commentators irritating, why watch? IMHO, the racing, especially in the wet, was excellent, and had Cam prevailed over SVG, this thread would be completely different. Both of them were close to the edge, SVG looking most likely to overstep each time he got a nose in front.

I've said numerous times on here that I'm over the whole Ford/Holden thing, and I'm also over the Mustang/Camaro hype before it starts, but I love the racing. We've moaned for years about one make or the other having some massive advantage, while the rule-makers keep working to keep the cars as equal as possible: Same chassis, same transmission, same brakes, same wheels and tyres, engines virtually identical configuration with virtually identical power and torque, etc. Apart from the issues with aero, which doesn't give either shape any measurable advantage, and should be fixed with Gen 3), the racing is as close and competitive as it has ever been. Probably why the Holden/GM - Ford thing means zilch to me.

We can all think of things to moan about, and I'm pretty sure we can think of ways to improve things too, or be a bit more positive about the sport we support, but I can't help but think a sudden burst of Ford wins would kill most of the moaning on here.   

Trevor

Quote from: Iggle Piggle on August 03, 2022, 08:53:06 AM

watch the telecast next time and when they cross to the race control you will see it - be quick though, I note that that might be a challenge for you

You lot seem to have trouble understanding that this sport is NOT about the spectators, this sport is about $$$$$.  You don't seem to realise that Taylor, Skaife Crompton, Driving Standards Observer whoever it is today, and whole swagger of others, including Safety Car driver, Safety Team, Starter, etc, etc, etc, etc,  are all on the Supercars payroll - albeit Taylor is paid by CAMS (MA) who then bill Supercars, well that is the way it was when Schenken ruled supreme

PHARK IT!!!!!

Trevor

Quote from: Zac on August 03, 2022, 09:18:47 AM
Mulva didn't mention that Trev used to be an insider at Winton. Love your work, Iggle (Trev's a good bloke BTW, if a little biased, probably why he notices bias so much) - and I'm in agreement with Stevo, too. We can watch the coverage, criticising the commentators (which is easy to do in most sports), complain about the management of the series, or keep saying that the racing is boring, but I don't see much on here about ways to improve all that which we complain about. I understand that some find it boring when a competitor in any sport dominates, especially when it's the wrong competitor, but these things come and go. If TV viewers didn't like last weekend's racing and found the commentators irritating, why watch? IMHO, the racing, especially in the wet, was excellent, and had Cam prevailed over SVG, this thread would be completely different. Both of them were close to the edge, SVG looking most likely to overstep each time he got a nose in front.
YEARS ago when I watched cricket, I would turn the TV sound off and listen via ABC radio, no such luxury with these muggins commentating

Skaife has to be the worst commentator ever, ever

PHARK IT!!!!!

Iggle Piggle

Quote from: Trevor on August 04, 2022, 07:21:35 AM
Quote from: Iggle Piggle on August 03, 2022, 08:53:06 AM

watch the telecast next time and when they cross to the race control you will see it - be quick though, I note that that might be a challenge for you...[snip]

Or...you could just answer those direct questions with your inside knowledge.

I have no doubt the telecast will be on one of those screens.  What is on the rest?  Do they have the volume up on the telecast?

They're simple questions - think we know why you won't answer.

Is there any chance that, like the rest of us that watched that start on the telecast, the DSO and Race Control thought "Hmmmm, at least one if not both of the cars on front row looked like they could have been moving at the start...can we get another look at that?"  I definitely recall times where commentary have had Producer in their ear telling them the Race Control are looking into blah blah blah, then 20 to 30 seconds later the replays come on and the commentators talk to that.

Put simply - I call bull**** on Skaife having control over what replays are shown; and I call bull**** on race control listening to the commentary and that swaying their judgement.  That is what your original comment suggests - Skaife doing his best to get Best a penalty.

If your posting style was not almost exclusively pompous/dogmatic and derogatory you would not find people would take you to task when you post BS; and they would not tire of you like they seem to have over at Ford Forums.  I wouldn't be pursuing this so aggressively if you weren't always so condescending - but you post BS, then when called out you double-down without specifically repeating your claims but by suggesting we all have NFI (in a very patronising way) and therefore we are to assume what you won't repeat or clarify is actually correct.

This isn't a Holden fan versus Ford fan thing - it's plain to see a lot of blue fans have tired of you when you post in General area.

Is it now time for you to mention that you are a hard nut on an unmoderated US drag racing forum?

Trevor

Quote from: Iggle Piggle on August 04, 2022, 08:00:19 AM
Put simply - I call bull**** on Skaife having control over what replays are shown; and I call bull**** on race control listening to the commentary and that swaying their judgement.  That is what your original comment suggests - Skaife doing his best to get Best a penalty.
hey wiggley, wrong incident you tool.. I was talking about the windscreen cleaner in the BJR car - FFS keep up will ya - go back and check my post on the matter

PHARK IT!!!!!

Iggle Piggle

Quote from: Trevor on August 04, 2022, 06:54:47 PM
Quote from: Iggle Piggle on August 04, 2022, 08:00:19 AM
hey wiggley, wrong incident you tool.. I was talking about the windscreen cleaner in the BJR car - FFS keep up will ya - go back and check my post on the matter

Fair enough - different incident, I was thrown by this...

Quote from: Trevor on August 02, 2022, 05:44:52 PM
it is pleasant to see that someone on another forum thinks like I do

Quote from: GT450That Pr**k Skaife did his best to get him a penalty at the start line thankfully the stewards responded with a no case to answer in a timely fashion. His bias continually raises its head , at lease Larko comes straight out and admits it and lauds good driving from any driver.

But I concede you are talking about a different incident - I was referring to the wrong incident, I was wrong on that particular aspect.  Just in case - see what I did there?  I recognised and accepted where I have made an error, and I admitted it and didn't do all I can to avoid and distract.

My questions to you still stand though seeings as how you are so adamant on your position - which incident aside, how about answering those questions that you continually keep avoiding.

Do you still assert Skaife gets to choose what is replayed on the telecast?

Do you still assert Skaife uses that to influence Race Control and the DSO?

Do you still assert Race Control only watch the telecast - the official Supercars telecast package is the only vision they have on all those different screens?

Do you still assert Race Control listen to the commentary and their decision making is swayed by the commentary team?

Can you just answer those questions?  Without deflection, without trying to change the narrative or create a strawman?  It is telling that you continually avoid answering those or clarifying your earlier comments.

Trevor

I never asserted Skaife did anything, why are you fabricating ****?

here is my post
Quote from: Trevor on August 02, 2022, 05:55:17 AM
oh yeah, it was great to see the commentating team up to their old antics, showing footage of the BJR driver using a windscreen cleaner.  As soon as I saw it I thought 'here we go, penalty soon' and then that piece of **** James Taylor gives him a whack

Come on tell me what your screen name is on YB, or do I need to guess your banned user name

PHARK IT!!!!!

stevo qld

This is getting wayyyy off topic. The meeting is over. Time to kill the topic???
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Iggle Piggle

Quote from: Trevor on August 04, 2022, 07:21:13 PM

here is my post
oh yeah, it was great to see the commentating team up to their old antics, showing footage of the BJR driver using a windscreen cleaner.  As soon as I saw it I thought 'here we go, penalty soon' and then that piece of **** James Taylor gives him a whack

Come on tell me what your screen name is on YB, or do I need to guess your banned user name

This is the bit where you said Skaife (and Crompton) did something:

"oh yeah, it was great to see the commentating team up to their old antics, showing footage of the BJR driver using a windscreen cleaner".

What is YB?  I am on Ford Forums - username Iggle Piggle.

Below is where you quoted someone saying Skaife did his best to get someone a penalty - you put that bit in bold, and prefaced it by saying that person thinks like you do.

Quote from: GT450That Pr**k Skaife did his best to get him a penalty at the start line thankfully the stewards responded with a no case to answer in a timely fashion. His bias continually raises its head , at lease Larko comes straight out and admits it and lauds good driving from any driver.

This bit below, who knows what you meant - could be taken many ways - maybe you could clarify what you were implying?

Quote from: Trevor on August 02, 2022, 12:00:15 PM
Please tell me what roles Skaife ad Crompton have with Supercars TV and don't just say 'they just talk to the screens'

This bit is where you are saying if it was not shown on the telecast there would have been no penalty.  As much as you won't admit it, lets say all those screens in Race Control shows all the different camera shots (not just what is currently going to air) - is this suggesting if they were to have seen the 100m/h squeegee on a shot that was not going to air they would have ignored it?

Quote from: Trevor on August 02, 2022, 09:57:12 AM
and I can 100% guarantee that if the TV didn't show it they wouldn't have been pinged, same as Ambrose the fire balaclava

Stop being so piss-weak and just clarify the above and I will move on.  Or don't, and I'll assume you can't.  Or just look away long enough for LG to come in with the lock and save you

LG

Quote from: Iggle Piggle on August 04, 2022, 08:00:07 PM
Quote from: Trevor on August 04, 2022, 07:21:13 PM

here is my post

This is the bit where you said Skaife (and Crompton) did something:

"oh yeah, it was great to see the commentating team up to their old antics, showing footage of the BJR driver using a windscreen cleaner".

What is YB?  I am on Ford Forums - username Iggle Piggle.

Below is where you quoted someone saying Skaife did his best to get someone a penalty - you put that bit in bold, and prefaced it by saying that person thinks like you do.

This bit below, who knows what you meant - could be taken many ways - maybe you could clarify what you were implying?

Quote from: Trevor on August 02, 2022, 12:00:15 PM
Please tell me what roles Skaife ad Crompton have with Supercars TV and don't just say 'they just talk to the screens'

This bit is where you are saying if it was not shown on the telecast there would have been no penalty.  As much as you won't admit it, lets say all those screens in Race Control shows all the different camera shots (not just what is currently going to air) - is this suggesting if they were to have seen the 100m/h squeegee on a shot that was not going to air they would have ignored it?

Quote from: Trevor on August 02, 2022, 09:57:12 AM
and I can 100% guarantee that if the TV didn't show it they wouldn't have been pinged, same as Ambrose the fire balaclava

Stop being so piss-weak and just clarify the above and I will move on.  Or don't, and I'll assume you can't.  Or just look away long enough for LG to come in with the lock and save you

I don't save anyone.
I do get rather pissed at the childish accusations back and forth that contribute nothing to a discussion.
There's a reason we have PMs.
Use them and save the rest of us having to see garbage...