News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Penrite Oil Sandown SuperSprint - possible spoilers

Started by Trevor, August 10, 2022, 10:12:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

a bit frustrating as there is good drivers out there not getting a go because of the deep pockets of daddy.

Jacobson is a local to me, family owns a big bus company, lots of money, he couldn't drive for **** and needed to go, for example

Joe5619

Quote from: madbugger on August 22, 2022, 07:57:59 AM
The top 4-5 teams are going to be the ones that employ drivers mostly. on ability, and those drivers will generally bring a healthy sponsors package with them
I don't think the drivers of the top 4-5 teams are bring any sponsor, let alone healthy sponsors.

Troy01505

Quote from: Trevor on August 23, 2022, 05:58:49 AM
a bit frustrating as there is good drivers out there not getting a go because of the deep pockets of daddy.

Jacobson is a local to me, family owns a big bus company, lots of money, he couldn't drive for **** and needed to go, for example

You think any other category is any different?

Fact is if you ran a series with only drivers capable of winning you'd be lucky to have 10 cars on the grid! Most guys/girls that bitch about this also bitch about Bathurst not having 50 car grids!

stevo qld

Quote from: Joe5619 on August 23, 2022, 01:49:17 PM
The top 4-5 teams are going to be the ones that employ drivers mostly. on ability, and those drivers will generally bring a healthy sponsors package with them
I don't think the drivers of the top 4-5 teams are bring any sponsor, let alone healthy sponsors.

Team 5th, Grove, in effect have a pay driver with Reynolds who arrived from Erebus with Penrite support changing with him. That is why Holdsworth is likely to give up his seat for 2023. (If Penrite stay).
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Joe5619

Quote from: stevo qld on August 23, 2022, 06:16:51 PM

Team 5th, Grove, in effect have a pay driver with Reynolds who arrived from Erebus with Penrite support changing with him. That is why Holdsworth is likely to give up his seat for 2023. (If Penrite stay).
And teams 1-4? Not sure why you feel the need to correct, when what I'm saying is correct?

stevo qld

Quote from: Joe5619 on August 23, 2022, 08:41:42 PM
Quote from: stevo qld on August 23, 2022, 06:16:51 PM

And teams 1-4? Not sure why you feel the need to correct, when what I'm saying is correct?

I was adding, not correcting.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Zac

Penrite Oil Sandown SuperSprint - possible spoilers.
I was reminding.

Trevor

Zac

You certainly can, and you do them very well. (Although I think you only do them so we can get a chance to see a few more SVG wins recorded here  :).)