News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Don the Con!

Started by REM, August 18, 2022, 05:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REM

Will we see Don the Con move from grifter to Con-vict? Who gave him up  and the records at home? Lots of speculation it was Ivanka? Seems Mike Pence is now prepared to give evidence too......fascinating to follow.....

stevo qld

Looking from afar, I am hearing the distant drums.

A lot of USAers do not trust the FBI and don't like the apparent use of the FBI in a political strategy.

Based on a lot of commentary from the USA, this raid could cost the Democrats their House majority and Nancy Pelosi will lose her job as leader.

Some commentators feel that this act of political bastardry (alleged) will put Don back in the Whitehouse.

(Nothing I am writing should, in any way, suggest that I support Donald, but seriously, Biden/Kamala/Pelosi frighten me too, with their actions in Asia)
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

REM

Yeah but a lot of those Fox commentators are making up loopy explanations and defences each day.....it's comical!! Probably the exact same people who wanted Hillary locked up over e-mails too.....the fact the people will utterly overlook his behaviour and trying to overthrow the democratically elected Govt  is just a sad reflection on the US today....lets see what documents he had......it's interesting that so many Americans will overlook unlawful actions and blame the FBI...doesn't the law apply to everyone over there? The guy makes Nixon look like a saint....

The Dominion case must be due to start soon too..... cant wait for that!!

Trevor

Quote from: stevo qld on August 18, 2022, 07:21:51 PM
Looking from afar, I am hearing the distant drums.

A lot of USAers do not trust the FBI and don't like the apparent use of the FBI in a political strategy.

Based on a lot of commentary from the USA, this raid could cost the Democrats their House majority and Nancy Pelosi will lose her job as leader.

Some commentators feel that this act of political bastardry (alleged) will put Don back in the Whitehouse.

(Nothing I am writing should, in any way, suggest that I support Donald, but seriously, Biden/Kamala/Pelosi frighten me too, with their actions in Asia)
you are listening to the vocal minority - Don is goooooonnnnneeee.

Mindy you Pelosi in her early 80's should be gone too

stevo qld

I seem to recall that under the USA system, you only need a minority of eligible voters to win.

Hopefully the parties can find better candidates next time.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Alan59

It is hard to imagine a more dysfunctional democratic political system than what the US has.The country is also completely divided into red states and blue states.Nothing United about them.

Sonic

Quote from: Alan59 on August 19, 2022, 03:58:28 PM
It is hard to imagine a more dysfunctional democratic political system than what the US has.The country is also completely divided into red states and blue states.Nothing United about them.

reminds me quite a bit of the great southland we call home really... they are just louder about it in the bits we hear from afar.

guessing it's the same there as it is here, it's only illegal if you get caught... then you just 'can't remember' anyway and get a 'stay out of jail free' card...
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Trevor

and Abbott and those closest to him was the first to take us to dividing politics,  he and his cronies were pieces of dog ****

Ospif1

Quote from: Trevor on August 20, 2022, 03:19:48 PM
and Abbott and those closest to him was the first to take us to dividing politics,  he and his cronies were pieces of dog ****
Conservatives.  Their policies fail when it comes to rational thinkers and science so they rely on the emotional aspects of voters in order to garner votes.  Creating divide is one way they can successfully achieve this and is how the republicans found success in the recent past.

You only need to spend 5 minutes on sky news australia social media and read the comments to see this in full force.  None of the articles posted are factual based discussions, they're simply attacks on the left to gain an emotional response and they succeed in doing so.  You'll also notice none of their commenters ever appear to be from a STEM background...

Alan59

Murdoch is a cancer on democracy wherever he has business interests.
Trump,Brexit,Abbott and Morrison are all on him.