News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2022 Championship *Possible Spoilers*

Started by V8SuperRiley, September 12, 2022, 09:09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

V8SuperRiley

Congratulations on Will Power, taking out the Championship!!
He drove so well all year, played the long game well.

And Scotty Mac, what a year!! Almost snagged 3rd in the championship at the end.

stp01

Great to see Will win the title for the second time!
Triple Eight and Holden
2022 Supercars Drivers Champion
2022 Supercars Teams Champion
2022 Supercars Manufacturers Champion
2022 Super2 Drivers Champion

madbugger

Pretty strong from Team Penske, 1st, 2nd and 4th in the teams championship.

Not going to be long before Scotty is a multi series champion, 3 wins this year on race/street circuits and a podium or two on ovals I think.

Once he cracks his first oval win I reckon the floodgates will open for him.
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

Kytabu

I watched a lot more of Indycar this year and it was really enjoyable. It's good to start knowing the other drivers and teams a bit better having just been interested in McLaughlin's progress last season.

Great to see Power get up for the title, and very pleased to see it actually get mentioned on the news last night. It was a very intelligent approach to the season just continually collecting top five finishes and having very few poor results. Newgarden was unlucky with the crash in the second race at Iowa and you could throw what-ifs around for any of the championship contenders.

Super impressive by McLaughlin to be in contention at the final round in his second season, equal on points with last year's champion and more wins than anyone other than Newgarden. If it wasn't for his Indy crash and a bit of a rough patch in the races either side he could easily have been champion. I think he'll be well-established in the championship-contending group in the coming years.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"