News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Welcome to the new V8Central Forums and site

Started by laser, May 09, 2021, 07:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LG

vipernz

Quote from: Trevor on May 13, 2021, 04:41:44 PM
how do get an avatar
Profile setting from memory... got to love new shinny things ay

Trevor

Got it thanks - my avatar on the original V8C was a one off - lost forever. I am now using the one I use on all other forums

murph_fan51

Trev!! Welcome back.

Hoping to see a few others back too, FbF & Henry would be a good start.
debris debris debris

Bloopy

Quote from: Trevor on May 13, 2021, 05:02:21 PM
Got it thanks - my avatar on the original V8C was a one off - lost forever. I am now using the one I use on all other forums

This one? The Internet Archive exists!

vipernz

Top Left area... Profile / Forum Profile

Choose from the list or upload your own

Tickford8

Nice new look! I wondered why I couldnt find the site for a few days! I've also changed user names, previously Darren351. Pity about the post count loss!!

billybanana

Got me same BB again, so I'm a happy camper. Welcome back.

skaifeman

Quote from: laser on May 09, 2021, 07:15:52 PM
Almost 20 years ago there was an idea to start a new site - times have changed, some things I don't really want to talk about but ask the question if you want and I'll see if I answer.

Anyone going to ask... :P
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

djr18fan

Well I had problems registering on this new site. Posting this in case someone else out there is struggling but reading as a guest.

For a couple of days no security letters were appearing for me (captcha?) And wouldn't regenerate and there was no sound file. On android ph or windows laptop both using chrome browser. Error message & help screens not helpful.
Suddenly the security letters appeared yesterday. If this is happening to others - keep trying?

SetonFan

Welcome back everyone!

Is it possible to have a height limit on signatures applied like I think used to exist on the old site? Trevor's one is quite large for example.

skaifeman

Quote from: SetonFan on May 15, 2021, 01:51:33 PM
Welcome back everyone!

Is it possible to have a height limit on signatures applied like I think used to exist on the old site? Trevor's one is quite large for example.

Agree. Similar rules as 'old' V8C regarding signatures should apply here. A gentleman's agreement at least, Trev?

One thing I'm looking forward to is posting a bigger image than 800x600!!
We'll finally actually get to SEE the liveries.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

djr18fan

Quote from: skaifeman on May 15, 2021, 02:12:50 PM
Quote from: SetonFan on May 15, 2021, 01:51:33 PM
Welcome back everyone!

Agree. Similar rules as 'old' V8C regarding signatures should apply here. A gentleman's agreement at least, Trev?

One thing I'm looking forward to is posting a bigger image than 800x600!!
We'll finally actually get to SEE the liveries.
I discovered you can stop everyone's signatures from displaying by choosing that option in profile, modify profile, look and layout.
I'm trying it. Removes some clutter.

TheArrow

Do we know what 'Karma' is and how do we get/give it?

murph_fan51

Quote from: skaifeman on May 13, 2021, 11:43:16 PM
Quote from: laser on May 09, 2021, 07:15:52 PM
Almost 20 years ago there was an idea to start a new site - times have changed, some things I don't really want to talk about but ask the question if you want and I'll see if I answer.

Anyone going to ask... :P
Yeah, laser?  :D
debris debris debris