News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Welcome to the new V8Central Forums and site

Started by laser, May 09, 2021, 07:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

Quote from: SetonFan on May 15, 2021, 01:51:33 PM
Trevor's one is quite large for example.
why thank you, so nice of you to notice, pity my wife never says the same  ;D ;D ;D ;D

CP

I've finally found my way over here after a few days in the wilderness. This place is kind of like a gentrified pub. Yes, the names are familiar, but it has a whole new look and smell to it.

LG

Quote from: skaifeman on May 13, 2021, 11:43:16 PM
Quote from: laser on May 09, 2021, 07:15:52 PM
Almost 20 years ago there was an idea to start a new site - times have changed, some things I don't really want to talk about but ask the question if you want and I'll see if I answer.

Anyone going to ask... :P

Circumstances far beyond Laser's control.

He worked his arse off trying to work things out and get this new site up and running.

laser

Quote from: LG on May 17, 2021, 07:58:54 AM
He worked his arse off trying to work things out and get this new site up and running.
.... and I'm still working to regain access to the old site.  The whole thing is still "too raw" to talk about really.  Let's wait until you see a post that either says "I have access to the old database" or "I've given up completely" .... at the moment I've spent several hours each day calling a myriad of companies (begging, pleading, negotiating) to try to get access restored and my prediction is it will be the same this week as well :(
Webmaster and Subaru WRX fan :)

Trevor

Thanks for the work Chris, we really do appreciate it

Bloopy

Quote from: TheArrow on May 15, 2021, 04:34:00 PM
Do we know what 'Karma' is and how do we get/give it?

Transmitting good or bad vibes to people for their next life I guess. 8) Looks like you can make someone's number go up or down by clicking the applaud / smite underneath their Karma score.

the undertaker

Must say I missed the site, good to see it's back.  Well done to everyone with the new setup, change is always good, even when it's forced on you.

meha

I did wonder what had happened a couple of weeks ago when I tried to catch up on the world.

Thanks so much Chris for all of your work on this and for continuing to be here for all of us.

skaifeman

Quote from: laser on May 17, 2021, 09:09:39 AM
.... and I'm still working to regain access to the old site.  The whole thing is still "too raw" to talk about really.  Let's wait until you see a post that either says "I have access to the old database" or "I've given up completely" .... at the moment I've spent several hours each day calling a myriad of companies (begging, pleading, negotiating) to try to get access restored and my prediction is it will be the same this week as well :(

Thanks Laser.
I always thought that there'd be a day where I'd try to login and it just wouldn't exist... but not this day!

Will T1 make a fresh appearance? Can have his old username back ;) ;D ;D
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

murph_fan51

Quote from: skaifeman on May 17, 2021, 03:33:07 PM
Quote from: laser on May 17, 2021, 09:09:39 AM

Thanks Laser.
I always thought that there'd be a day where I'd try to login and it just wouldn't exist... but not this day!

Thanks again laser.
Hopefully you get some good news soon.
debris debris debris

mikeamerica84

Quote from: skaifeman on May 17, 2021, 03:33:07 PM
Wow.  That's a good point.  Would his past record be expunged?
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Trickyonne

Hi folks....brand new here but strangely it feels like I have been here before  :-X
Paul Murray Live

Trevor

skaifeman

Quote from: T1 on May 20, 2021, 07:26:23 AM
Hi folks....brand new here but strangely it feels like I have been here before  :-X

This forum feels like home now. :D
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Trickyonne

Paul Murray Live