News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Oscar Piastri

Started by Kytabu, December 12, 2021, 08:02:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kytabu

I thought that the guy deserves his own thread.

2019 Formula Renault Eurocup champion. 2020 FIA Formula 3 champion. 2021 FIA Formula 2 champion. First driver since Charles Leclerc to take five straight pole positions in F2. He has comfortably secured the F2 title this year against drivers who have had a couple of seasons of experience.

He will be reserve driver for Alpine next year; hopefully he gets a race seat in 2023!
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

skaifeman

Surely he ends up in F1. I watched his F3 Season last year closer than his F2 this year.
He always seemed to have better race craft than qualy trim, but his recent form says he's an ace at both!
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Sonic

nice to be 'reserve' driver... but it also means he is without a seat in reality which I don't get :( if all he is doing is cutting laps for Alpine what happens to the bloke's racecraft that made him so desirable in the first place? and out of the public eye will the next F2 winner just walk into the next open seat?
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!