News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Show off your car

Started by TheArrow, September 12, 2022, 04:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

Trevor

For those that remember our orange XE racecar, this is the new variant of it, we sold the body, my son bought this off an 90 yo bloke, it had some rust in the usual places that had to be fixed, he did a full respray in the original colour and ALL the running gear from the race car is now transplanted into this, from the diff & suspension right through to the radiator.  He got the heads redone, put roller rockers and a few other bits on it and it is now a Sunday cruiser  ;D,

Trevor

Photo of 'former' racecar for those that hadn't seen it

murph_fan51

debris debris debris

Cdnguy

Quote from: Trevor on February 16, 2024, 11:36:02 AMWe recently bought another car to add to the fleet, a 1987 Ford Fairmont.

looks like a 4 door fox body mustang to me . kinda neat seeing as the original mustang was a rebodied fairmont in america to begin with.

Cdnguy

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on February 16, 2024, 02:31:49 PM
Quote from: skaifeman on February 16, 2024, 11:39:47 AMAnother statesider on the site?
Yeah, a Canadian friend of mine, now ours.  We were both on another site 10-12 years back that eventually folded.  Good guy this Cdnguy.  Glad to have him aboard here.
yup. i'm canadian not american ;D . met mike from another forum. we did meet in person in 2013 as i got lucky with work and had time off to head to texas to watch the austin 400 live.

Cdnguy

Quote from: Trevor on February 16, 2024, 04:56:25 PMWell welcome Cdnguy, and thanks for referring him Mike
thanks.

Cdnguy

Quote from: murph_fan51 on February 17, 2024, 06:48:46 AM
Quote from: Cdnguy on February 16, 2024, 09:46:08 AM
What spec engine?
its the 6.2l V8. also manual transmission. its a 2024 model so last of the line and i had the money to buy it ($61.5k cdn) and i've had 3 other camaros (79, 97, 02) i figured with this style of cars going away i felt i needed to pick one up. its a custom order with only 2 options ( black wheels and some microfiber interior trim). i also had a 2007 mustang GT but i didnt gel with it so it didnt last long. only had it 6 months or so.

mikeamerica84

Quote from: Trevor on February 16, 2024, 04:56:25 PMWell welcome Cdnguy, and thanks for referring him Mike
Don't thank me just yet, Trev.  I have referred people before and in some instances it has turned into Hell in a hand basket.   ;D

I am sure we ALL know that situation.

Naw...... Cdnguy is a straight up good guy.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Trevor

Well welcome anyway. As long as he understands the Aussie humour and our sometime brashness he will fit it fine. I think I have been know to be a bit brash at times  ;D

Trevor

Quote from: Cdnguy on February 18, 2024, 05:16:37 AMits the 6.2l V8. also manual transmission. its a 2024 model so last of the line and i had the money to buy it ($61.5k cdn) and i've had 3 other camaros (79, 97, 02) i figured with this style of cars going away i felt i needed to pick one up. its a custom order with only 2 options ( black wheels and some microfiber interior trim). i also had a 2007 mustang GT but i didnt gel with it so it didnt last long. only had it 6 months or so.
Nice, but it is a Chev  ;D  and I'm a Ford guy.

Seriously good onya for buying one, we would pay a sh!t load more than that here for one of those IF we can get them

Cdnguy

Quote from: Trevor on February 19, 2024, 06:14:55 AM
Quote from: Cdnguy on February 18, 2024, 05:16:37 AMits the 6.2l V8. also manual transmission. its a 2024 model so last of the line and i had the money to buy it ($61.5k cdn) and i've had 3 other camaros (79, 97, 02) i figured with this style of cars going away i felt i needed to pick one up. its a custom order with only 2 options ( black wheels and some microfiber interior trim). i also had a 2007 mustang GT but i didnt gel with it so it didnt last long. only had it 6 months or so.
Nice, but it is a Chev  ;D  and I'm a Ford guy.

Seriously good onya for buying one, we would pay a sh!t load more than that here for one of those IF we can get them
i'm a chev guy myself. this is my forth camaro. i've had a 79, 97,02. i did own a 2007 mustang gt for a little while. didnt gel with it however.

Cdnguy

Quote from: Trevor on February 19, 2024, 06:12:56 AMWell welcome anyway. As long as he understands the Aussie humour and our sometime brashness he will fit it fine. I think I have been know to be a bit brash at times  ;D
i get some of it but if a dont i dont get offended.

skaifeman

Quote from: Jetpac013 on February 16, 2024, 09:30:38 PMMy new favorite photo of my car now.  8)

What's the time slip say? :)
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Jetpac013

Quote from: skaifeman on February 20, 2024, 12:21:36 PM
Quote from: Jetpac013 on February 16, 2024, 09:30:38 PMMy new favorite photo of my car now.  8)

What's the time slip say? :)

Says 10.1 @ 130mph  8)

It will go faster but i have put it in retirement being that i'm elbow deep in my Cortina drag car build.

Here is a video my mate and engine builders son put together last time out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHT9UuGzIgI&ab_channel=Mr2600Racing