News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Alex Davison

Started by Dasha, October 02, 2022, 01:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dasha

Really looking forward to Bathurst this year & would love to see Will Davison win it in the # 17 Shell Mustang.
Will has shown some fantastic form this year & I am sure he will do a good job at the mountain but I dont know much about his brother Alex, at 42 does he still have what it takes to help keep the Shell Mustang in a position to win it.
Would like to hear what others think about Alex as a co driver, does he still have the skill & speed  ?

SetonFan

Alex is a solid and underrated driver who shouldn't make any mistakes (as his record at Bathurst demonstrates) - but certainly not of the same calibre as the other top co-drivers like Tander/Coulthard etc.

murph_fan51

Quote from: Dasha on October 02, 2022, 01:47:22 PM
Really looking forward to Bathurst this year & would love to see Will Davison win it in the # 17 Shell Mustang.
Will has shown some fantastic form this year & I am sure he will do a good job at the mountain but I dont know much about his brother Alex, at 42 does he still have what it takes to help keep the Shell Mustang in a position to win it.
Would like to hear what others think about Alex as a co driver, does he still have the skill & speed  ?
Not sure, his results at the mountain aren't overly spectacular. Lucky to finish in the top 10.
Then again, this is probably the best chance and car he will have ever raced in.
debris debris debris

LG

He really doesn't do anything wrong but he doesn't have the same influence as Tander, Lowndes or even Coulthard.
He is a solid co-driver but not spectacular.

mikeamerica84

He is enough for me to move the 17 car off of my V8 Central Fantasy League team in favor of the 6 car.  I'll take Cam & Moff over Will & Alex.  It kind of hurts, too, for I like Will and he has had a great year.

And there is always Riana..... ;D
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Troy01505

Not sure it matters to much who is co-driving. Percat codrove to victory and was inexperienced amd still doesn't have enough talent to be a genuine contender, Morris, Premat, holdsworth etc have co-driven to victory and none of them have set the world on fire in V8s.

As long as he stays out of trouble, Will is in with a shot.

Dasha

Yeh I agree with all the above comments, I would've loved to see Scotty M to make it over for the co driver gig with Will D but obviously just not possible, so hopefully Alex can do the job & bring the car back in one piece so Will D can be out front for the last 30 lap sprint home.  8)

jd

I'd love to be wrong but Davo let his emotions get in the way of his co-driver selection as Alex just doesn't have enough speed so it will take a miracle for them to win let alone get a podium.

stevo qld

Quote from: jd on October 08, 2022, 12:47:03 PM
I'd love to be wrong but Davo let his emotions get in the way of his co-driver selection as Alex just doesn't have enough speed so it will take a miracle for them to win let alone get a podium.

Alex has an excellent list of Motor Racing successes, and it was generally considered that he was a better driver than Will based on their history at a time when both first achieved full time Supercar seats.

The decision to employ Alex would not have been Will's to make, but they do work well together and there is no driver with a better finishing record than Alex (or so I understand).
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

AlbertM

It was mentioned Alex has a 100% finishing record at Bathurst. In a weekend where the inexperienced have been spearing off the track left and right. You too would be look for someone that can keep the car on the track.
Ford Faithful

jd

Quote from: stevo qld on October 08, 2022, 07:57:21 PM
.............The decision to employ Alex would not have been Will's to make, but they do work well together ....
BS. The driver would obviously be asked or suggest who he would like to be partnered with from those available or even poached if possible. 

I hope I'm wrong as a Davo win would be awesome but ........ :)   

Troy01505

I would not be surprised if we see a mid race stoppage like back in 2014, anyones victory if that occurs regardless of the talent of their co-driver

V8SuperRiley

Unfortunately, Alex made a mistake today.. As did Will in the end.