News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Sun, Surf and No Rain. Gold Coast ##Spoilers##

Started by LG, October 27, 2022, 10:09:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fordman

I just feel sorry for those super 2 teams that may have bought those chassis' for next year

Troy01505

Quote from: Joe5619 on October 31, 2022, 08:38:45 AM
Quote from: GASMAN on October 30, 2022, 07:40:18 PM
Totally lopsided series that's placated to one team and one manufacturer and I'm glad I've not watched a lap of it
Honestly why would one bother.And you guys are quite delusional citing funds and saving the bucks for next year.Look at the results - they were a foregone conclusion three years ago
If you didn't watch the race, don't comment!

You have one driver thats well above the rest!

Funny how when Scotty and Fabian were at the top most ford fans supported that.

LG

Quote from: Troy01505 on October 31, 2022, 11:18:16 AM
Totally lopsided series that's placated to one team and one manufacturer and I'm glad I've not watched a lap of it
Honestly why would one bother.And you guys are quite delusional citing funds and saving the bucks for next year.Look at the results - they were a foregone conclusion three years ago

There was no daylight involved, well, not very often.
Scotty won (and to a much lesser extent, Fabian) after ding-dong battles against other teams whose equipment wasn't hobbled.

Bloopy

Sometimes your Subway is fresh and other times it's toasted...

Honestly why would one bother.

After I started watching regularly in 2011, why did I keep watching just to see Jamie win 4 championships in a row? Well, it's the characters of the sport that make it entertaining. Plus it's still interesting watching them race hard for 2nd place sometimes - although there are limits to that. By the time McLaughlin was working on his 3rd championship I wasn't so focused on his car either. I am curious to see how well Giz does with Gen3, but if he just keeps winning and winning I'll agree it's not great for the sport.

Trevor

Couldn't even be bothered watching one lap - it is the 888 show AGAIN!!!!, I can't be bothered

Oh, my days at Bathurst are done too
I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

skaifeman

Quote from: Trevor on November 01, 2022, 06:03:48 AM

I think we're all still drying out from that one.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

AlbertM

Quote from: Troy01505 on October 31, 2022, 11:18:16 AM

The howls from the red side were deafening. Funny how they now support a a run away leader in a car that has been given upgrades while the opposition was hobbled.  :-*
Ford Faithful

stevo qld

Quote from: Trevor on November 01, 2022, 06:03:48 AM
Couldn't even be bothered watching one lap - it is the 888 show AGAIN!!!!, I can't be bothered

If one is not following Supercars, it seems superfluous to be joining discussion in a Supercars Forum.  ??? ::)
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Alan59

It seems DJR,Walkinshaw and FPR are pretty close.The dominance is a van Gisbergen one rather than a car one.Very hard to fix without screwing over everyone else running that car.
Hard to see Gen 3 making much difference.It needs another McLaughlin to come along.

AlbertM

Quote from: Alan59 on November 01, 2022, 07:42:09 PM
It seems DJR,Walkinshaw and FPR are pretty close.The dominance is a van Gisbergen one rather than a car one.Very hard to fix without screwing over everyone else running that car.
Hard to see Gen 3 making much difference.It needs another McLaughlin to come along.
We did have a McLaughlin and they did screw over everyone else in a Mustang.
Ford Faithful

murph_fan51

debris debris debris

stevo qld

Although it is not a Surfers topic"

I like it that there are a few drivers giving competition to a dominant driver.

With McLaughlan, we had SVG as primary competition.

With SVG, now, we have Davison as primary competition. I know he is not second in the championship, but no other driver has taken it to SVG like the old fella.

Davison has clearly been the cream of the DJR crop, when his car cooperates in the races as well as in qualifying.

Mostert has been the best with WAU, but clearly, he has no intrateam competition.

Waters is up there, but IMHO, this shows just how good the Tickford Mustangs are. This makes his teammates look sad by comparison. I wonder if Tickford is seriously looking at changing their second, third and fourth string drivers for 2023. Sponsorship money may be their saving grace. The change of Tickford ownership, may relegate the previous part owner's golden boy. Again IMHO. they should be looking at selling at least one REC (whatever they are called now) while there is big money about. They must be sick of running mid and back markers. Maybe they should be looking for the Best alternative and running 2 cars Super1 and 2 cars Super 2.

The same applies to BJR. They have three mid or back markers, but one backmarker has a Daddy paying the bills and another has a Daddy who owns the team.

The team to watch is Peter Xibberas'. He has the financial backing, Mangement ability, and a winning attitude and record as an Australian Champion Top Fueller Racer. He also has access to the absolute best Camaro machinery. Incidentally he owns at least five 2022 spec Commodores with a lot of history. He does have Slade for 2023, who is not really top class. Hopefully, he selects a really competent and competitive driver who can profit from Slade's experience.

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Trevor

Quote from: stevo qld on November 01, 2022, 06:07:25 PM
If one is not following Supercars, it seems superfluous to be joining discussion in a Supercars Forum.  ??? ::)
I think it important that some people just mind their own business  ;)

PHARK IT!!!!!

Zac

Look on the bright side, Trev. Bathurst is always a great weekend, regardless of the result and the weather - and you've seen some great Holden wins.

Trevor

PHARK IT!!!!!