News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2023 Calendar

Started by skaifeman, November 23, 2022, 02:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skaifeman

...and here it is:
https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/2023-repco-supercars-championship-calendar-announced/

No NZ track, which is a shame for those across the ditch. Plans to have one in 2024.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

murph_fan51

"No NZ track, which is a shame for those across the ditch. Plans to have one in 2024."

Pathetic they couldn't get one organised for NZ.

The rest of the calendar is pretty standard.

Let's hope they can get some decent supports too.
debris debris debris

Sonic

gotta agree Murph.

5 street circuits, 7 race circuits... it's almost like they don't want circuits to survive? :'(

no Winton or the Island... I'm a bit torn on Winton.. always good to go to and always well attended but it's a money loser for the track because SC doesn't back their own product...

having no love for street circuits and the waste of money involved in putting them on (as well as the additional damage that happens unnecessarily to the cars when incidents occur) doesn't fill me with love for the schedule....

having said that though, it means less weekends to have to put aside for catching up with mates and more weekends available to go to the car races :)
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

stevo qld

I notice that Channel 7 does not consider any track in Victoria in the top 6 and worthy of broadcast.

There is 2 in NSW, 2 in Qld, 1 in SA and one in NT.

https://www.v8sleuth.com.au/no-free-to-air-tv-for-sandown-500/

PS: I am surprised that Sandown has been allocated a round. I read that the Horsie, Horsie guys were tearing up part of the track for new stables.  ::)
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Bloopy

If having a light 2023 calendar helps the new owners find their feet or keeps costs down while teams are grappling with bringing in Gen3, I guess it kinda makes sense.

Trevor

they have been trying for years to get Winton off the calendar.  The upheavals going on at the track won't have helped

Winton doesn't fit in with the 'big event' thinking

Lindsay probably had enough of their shyte in relation to the Island and told them to bugger off
I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

Sonic

Quote from: Trevor on November 24, 2022, 07:07:45 AM
they have been trying for years to get Winton off the calendar.  The upheavals going on at the track won't have helped

Winton doesn't fit in with the 'big event' thinking

Lindsay probably had enough of their shyte in relation to the Island and told them to bugger off

getting paid too much to go to Winton and not enough damage gets done to the cars to make it exciting perhaps?
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

V8SuperRiley

Winton is personally no real loss to me. It's never been a track I enjoy though, just my opinion. Phillip Island should 100% be there though.

I would like to see QLD Raceway back on the Calander. Even though it can be seen as 'boring', it's always produced good racing.

meha

Races are fairly evenly spaced out which is not a bad things if teams have large repairs to have to do.

I bit of a surprise that neither of the two tracks that are the traditional test venues are on the calendrer, however, to have one and not the other would lead to arguments no doubt.

billybanana

Coincidence it comes out the day after RD slams Supercars for not having released it yet ?

Trevor

A bigger worry is there are now 3 more permanent tracks off the calendar

PHARK IT!!!!!

mikeamerica84

Quote from: Trevor on November 24, 2022, 12:18:02 PM
I'll take a little more optimistic point of view, Trev.  When Clipsal/Adelaide was on the ropes, SA looked like they were going to be iced out but then the series started racing at The Bend.  Now with Adelaide back, we (we - I like to think of myself having a remote interest here) now have a permanent course in SA, and in the long run, have another race in SA on the calendar.

True, Pukey is gone, but Hampton Downs is just sitting there.  Supercars just has to get their heads around that course.  I am confident that they can do that - maybe in 2024?  So there IS one NZ track in the wings.

All is not lost, mate.  The glass is a little less full, but not that less.  Keeping drinking up!   ;)
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

skaifeman

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on November 24, 2022, 11:17:51 PM
I'll take a little more optimistic point of view, Trev.  When Clipsal/Adelaide was on the ropes, SA looked like they were going to be iced out but then the series started racing at The Bend.  Now with Adelaide back, we (we - I like to think of myself having a remote interest here) now have a permanent course in SA, and in the long run, have another race in SA on the calendar.

True, Pukey is gone, but Hampton Downs is just sitting there.  Supercars just has to get their heads around that course.  I am confident that they can do that - maybe in 2024?  So there IS one NZ track in the wings.

All is not lost, mate.  The glass is a little less full, but not that less.  Keeping drinking up!   ;)

A refreshing view, as always!
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Trevor

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on November 24, 2022, 11:17:51 PM

private enterprise stepped in to save South Aussie, Supercars couldn't give one shyte, until they NEED too.

Correct if I am wrong here Sonic, but how many times has Winton pulled them out of the sh!t? When China fell over, a couple of years ago during the pandemic? And one other that I can't remember, and this is how they are treated.

**** Supercars

PHARK IT!!!!!