News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2023 TCR Australia Season

Started by mikeamerica84, November 29, 2022, 06:04:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonic

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on May 18, 2023, 10:51:56 PM
I watched the show at PI.  I thought I might have seen you at one time, Sonic, outside of the Turn 2 left hand sweeper snapping photos.

The Lynk & Co car has finally arrived for Tom Oliphant- at the expense of the Alfa Romeo.  And the Cupra Leon is now in the hands of Michael Clemente.

Quite possible that it was me Mike!

That Lynk car.... anyone else think it is the bastard child of the Supercar Mustang?

After getting a first and second on the Sunday I reckon Senor Clemente just might be very happy about his new car!
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

mikeamerica84

Michael did quite well at Winton in the Cupra.  Good for him.

And Tom did well with the Alfa vice the bastardized Lynk/Mustang.  Amazing!
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

mikeamerica84

I was looking forward to the next round here this weekend at SMP.  I just now realized it is no longer on the calendar.  When was it axed?

Sonic

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on June 24, 2023, 04:41:55 AMI was looking forward to the next round here this weekend at SMP.  I just now realized it is no longer on the calendar.  When was it axed?

sorry, can't help you there... I am having enough trouble focussing on the breathing in and out bit at the moment and missing stuff everywhere LOL

SetonFan

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on June 24, 2023, 04:41:55 AMI was looking forward to the next round here this weekend at SMP.  I just now realized it is no longer on the calendar.  When was it axed?
It got changed after SMP got added to the TCR World Tour I think

mikeamerica84

mikeamerica84

QR this weekend.  Slade will be in a Lynk and Co, Will Brown will be back in and Audi, and D'Alberto will be bringing a new Honda.

I read it all here:  https://tcraustralia.com/news/

;D

mikeamerica84

TCR World Tour entry list for Sydney this upcoming round:

Car #   SPONSOR                                 DRIVER              STATE  VEHICLE
1       Honda Wall Racing                       Tony D'Alberto      VIC    Honda
4       Hangcha Forklifts                       Jimmy Clairet       FRA    Peugeot
9       MPC Team LIQUI MOLY                     Will Brown          QLD    Audi
14      Purple Sector                           Lachlan Mineeff     NSW    Audi
15      Carl Cox Motorspport                    Michael Clemente    VIC    Cupra
18      Team Valvoline GRM                      Aaron Cameron       VIC    Peugeot
22      Challenge Motorsport                    Iain McDougall      VIC    Audi
30      HMO Customer Racing                     Josh Buchan         NSW    Hyundai
33      Schaeffler GRM                          Jordan Cox          NSW    Peugeot
41      Valvoline Racing GRM                    Kody Garland        NSW    Peugeot
71      Burson Auto Parts Racing                Ben Bargwanna       VIC    Peugeot
TBC     Exclusive Switchboards / Wall Racing    Will Harris         NSW    Honda
74      Exclusive Switchboards / Wall Racing    Brad Harris         NSW    Honda
105     BRC Hyundai N Squadra Corse             Norbert Michelisz   HUN    Hyundai
110     Team Soutar Motorsport                  Zac Soutar          VIC    Audi
111     Cyan Racing Lynk & Co                   Thed Bjork          SWE    Lynk & Co
112     Cyan Racing Lynk & Co                   Santiago Urrutia    URU    Lynk & Co
115     Autoglym / Ashley Seward Motorsport     Tom Oliphant        UK     Lynk & Co
122     Audi Sport Comtoyou                     Frederic Vervisch   BEL    Audi
129     Honda Wall Racing                       Nestor Girolami     ARG    Honda
130     HMO Customer Racing                     Bailey Sweeny       NSW    Hyundai
155     Cyan Racing Lynk & Co                   Ma Qing Hua         CHN    Lynk & Co
168     Cyan Racing Lynk & Co                   Yann Ehrlacher      FRA    Lynk & Co
179     Audi Sport Comtoyou                     Rob Huff            GBR    Audi
196     BRC Hyundai N Squadra Corse             Mikel Azcona        ESP    Hyundai

Michael Clemente, however, has since withdrawn.

https://tcraustralia.com/2023/10/30/race-sydney-tcr-world-tour-entry-list-confirmed/

Sonic

not bad for their first attempt. hopefully it grows from here.

skaifeman

Was on the Mountain last weekend, for the BLCC Speed Weekend.
Lots of Supercheap signage around the track and town already and tents etc are starting to go up for the International in a few weeks.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Sonic

Quote from: skaifeman on November 01, 2023, 09:55:31 AMWas on the Mountain last weekend, for the BLCC Speed Weekend.
Lots of Supercheap signage around the track and town already and tents etc are starting to go up for the International in a few weeks.

wonder if the tents will stay there as Supercars are now going to make it a 4 month first round at the mountain... ;)

mikeamerica84

Quote from: skaifeman on November 01, 2023, 09:55:31 AMWas on the Mountain last weekend, for the BLCC Speed Weekend.
Hopefully the rain will stay away.  I felt it kind of put a damper on the racing at SMP.  But it is what it is and was what it was.

Sonic

Did anyone bother with Bathurst TCR event? Anything report-worthy? (I was at Historic Sandown so didn't get to see any of it... and even if I wasn't I still wouldn't have seen it being on Stan)

skaifeman

Basically just watched the highlights.
Will we see Tony D and Will Brown at Macau?
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Sonic

Quote from: skaifeman on November 13, 2023, 04:32:43 PMBasically just watched the highlights.
Will we see Tony D and Will Brown at Macau?

saw a thing on fb that Bargs is on his way there.