News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2023 TCR Australia Season

Started by mikeamerica84, November 29, 2022, 06:04:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeamerica84

Calendar was released:  https://www.touringcars.net/2022/10/2023-tcr-australia-calendar-revealed

2023 TCR Australia calendar revealed
By News Editor

The calendar for the 2023 TCR Australia series has been published, featuring seven events between February and November as the Australian Racing Group consolidates its championships into one schedule.

All Motorsport Australia Championships and Australian Racing Group (ARG) events will take place under the 'SpeedSeries' banner next year.

As in 2022, two visits to the famous Mount Panorama circuit in Bathurst are planned, as the calendar retains the venues utilised in 2022 in a similar scheduling pattern.

Whilst the third event of the year has yet to be confirmed, being only listed as 'Victoria TBC', the slot was used by the Phillip Island Grand Prix circuit in 2022, with the island circuit also being located in the Victoria state.

The upgraded Queensland Raceway will return to the calendar for a second successive season in early August, followed by another trip to Sandown – which featured in both 2019 and 2022.

The series will once again be part of the package which includes Trans Am, S5000 Australian Drivers' Championship, GT World Challenge Australia, Porsche Sprint Challenge, Touring Car Masters and Australian Production Cars.

"Creating a single brand for the suite of ARG and Motorsport Australia categories to fall under made sense for all concerned," said ARG Chief Operating Officer Liam Curkpatrick. "It's been a great collaboration with the team at Motorsport Australia to make it happen.

"It makes sense for the fans, partners, for the broadcasters and for the categories themselves who will be able to tell their own supporters, sponsors and followers that they are racing at a 'SpeedSeries' event wherever they go throughout the year.

"The unified approach will mean our marketing, promotion and management of each event can be even more effective and continue to build on the record attendances and great broadcast audiences seen this year.

"2022 has served as something of a soft launch for the 'SpeedSeries' brand, but its clear and simple branding has worked very well and we are looking forward to collaborating with the team at Motorsport Australia to build it further in 2023 and beyond."

2023 TCR Australia Calendar

Round 1: Race Tasmania, Symmons Plains – 24-26 February
Round 2: Hi-Tec Oils Bathurst 6 Hour – 7-9 April
Round 3: Victoria TBC – 26-28 May
Round 4: Sydney Motorsport Park – 23-25 June
Round 5: Queensland Raceway – 11-13 August
Round 6: Sandown International Raceway – 15-17 September
Round 7: Supercheap Auto Bathurst International – 10-12 November

Well, at least SOMEONE is going to use QR in 2023.  Maybe even PI.   ;D
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Sonic

15-17 Sep is now Supercars so needs to be moved.

26-28 May can only be Sandown but madness if it is on that weekend :'( It is already clashing with the VicState series at Phillip Island and Historic Winton. No way could they get sufficient support staff for 3 series on the same weekend in the same state!
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

mikeamerica84

Quote from: Sonic on November 29, 2022, 11:43:41 AM
15-17 Sep is now Supercars so needs to be moved.
Wow, that's pretty "funny", Sonic!  You should be involved in scheduling.  How could these guys have DONE that?   ::)

And the 26-28 May weekend date(s) are now TBC.  You are way ahead of the game, sir.

23 November 2022
SANDOWN SPEEDSERIES EVENT DATE SET TO CHANGE

The September date for the sixth round of the 2023 SpeedSeries calendar will change.

Due to a clash with the recently announced Supercars Championship calendar, SpeedSeries and Motorsport Australia have agreed to shift its announced date of September 17-19 to be held on a different weekend.

In a statement from Motorsport Australia, the new date will be confirmed in due course.

"Motorsport Australia was told, as late as Tuesday afternoon, that we still held the booking for Sandown on 15-17 September," read the statement.

"Today we have now discovered the circuit has clearly been double booked, which is certainly frustrating given we announced our calendar and locked in this date some time ago.

"In the interests of everyone involved, we have agreed to move the SpeedSeries booking to a new date to be confirmed."

All other SpeedSeries events remain unchanged from the original calendar announcement last month. The third round in Victoria remains to be confirmed, with a date also to be confirmed.

You can watch all of the SpeedSeries action live, ad-break free and on demand via Stan Sport. New subscribers can sign up now to receive a 7-day free trial and rewatch all of the action from the 2022 SpeedSeries, including last week's event at the Supercheap Auto Bathurst International >> http://www.stan.com.au/motorsport

2023 SpeedSeries Calendar

Round 1: Race Tasmania, Symmons Plains – February 24-26
Round 2: Hi-Tec Oils Bathurst 6 Hour – April 7-9
Round 3: Victoria TBC – TBC
Round 4: Sydney Motorsport Park – June 23-25
Round 5: Queensland Raceway – August 11-13
Round 6: Sandown International Raceway – TBC
Round 7: Supercheap Auto Bathurst International – November 10-12

https://tcraustralia.com/2022/11/23/sandown-speedseries-event-date-set-to-change/

Sonic

:) only because I note all of the events as I spy them to try to wrap my head around the photography side of things.

mikeamerica84

Latest updated calendar:

2023 SpeedSeries Calendar:

Round 1: Race Tasmania, Symmons Plains – 24-26 February
Round 2: Hi-Tec Oils Bathurst 6 Hour – 7-9 April
Round 3: Phillip Island – 12-14 May
Round 4: Winton Raceway – 9-11 June
Round 5: Sydney Motorsport Park – 23-25 June
Round 6: Queensland Raceway – 11-13 August
Round 7: Sandown International Raceway – 8-10 September
Round 8: Supercheap Auto Bathurst International (TCR World Tour) – 10-12 November

https://tcraustralia.com/2023/01/16/phillip-island-joins-speedseries-calendar/

PI and Winton are now confirmed.  Sandown has been moved up a week from the original September weekend date as to not clash with Supercars on the original weekend date.

falcon_cobra

which is going to be the second TCR world tour race?

falcon_cobra

what is up with TCR, no real Media about the first round which starts today, no actual Driver/car entry list.
if testing is anything to go by, thats only about 12 cars, its not looking good for the championship, and the World tour

but great to see young Bargs doing some international events

Sonic

Quote from: falcon_cobra on February 24, 2023, 12:22:59 PM
what is up with TCR, no real Media about the first round which starts today, no actual Driver/car entry list.
if testing is anything to go by, thats only about 12 cars, its not looking good for the championship, and the World tour

I saw a few things on fb but not much more than that. I know it starts today but I don't have their paytv setup so no viewing for me.

meha

Even down here in Tas you would hardly know that it is on. There has been minimal promotion up in the North which would suggest that there may not be big crowds for it either.

falcon_cobra

Quote from: Sonic on February 24, 2023, 12:35:25 PM
Quote from: falcon_cobra on February 24, 2023, 12:22:59 PM

I saw a few things on fb but not much more than that. I know it starts today but I don't have their paytv setup so no viewing for me.

i think its on for 2 hours on 9 both Saturday and Sunday

falcon_cobra

Quote from: meha on February 24, 2023, 03:46:40 PM
Even down here in Tas you would hardly know that it is on. There has been minimal promotion up in the North which would suggest that there may not be big crowds for it either.
its pretty piss poor,
i was hoping for a bigger and better season, but its looking very sad

TheArrow

Only 13 cars? I'll be honest I didn't keep up with the news in the off season but no Luke King, James Moffat, Jay Hansen, Michael Caruso, Dylan O'Keeffe, Nathan Morcom... All big names in TCR who have not come back. I wonder why...

LG

Quote from: TheArrow on February 25, 2023, 01:34:20 PM
Only 13 cars? I'll be honest I didn't keep up with the news in the off season but no Luke King, James Moffat, Jay Hansen, Michael Caruso, Dylan O'Keeffe, Nathan Morcom... All big names in TCR who have not come back. I wonder why...

Well Moffatt is doing TA2.

stevo qld

I was wondering if GRM still have the Renaults?
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

TheArrow

Quote from: LG on February 25, 2023, 06:37:36 PM
Quote from: TheArrow on February 25, 2023, 01:34:20 PM

Well Moffatt is doing TA2.
Yeah I saw that today. But no news on any of the others, from what I heard. Except O'Keefe obviously in Carrera Cup