News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Season Final (with spoliers)

Started by Sonic, December 01, 2022, 11:56:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonic

Day is already half done and no posts... are we all just over the year?

I think there is some tv coming for those who pay but it just feels strangely quiet considering the fanfare that Adelaide was building toward.
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

djr18fan

I thought the Repco Supercars Championship action started tomorrow.  But practice 1 is indeed in 3 hours time.

How's the weather?

skaifeman

Been watching clips of Super2 at work.
Weather looks to be getting hotter as the weekend goes on.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

mikeamerica84

Quote from: skaifeman on December 01, 2022, 01:50:54 PM
Been watching clips of Super2 at work.
Weather looks to be getting hotter as the weekend goes on.
Enjoy it!  I just fired up my grill in the driveway tonight.  With the wind chill it is 14°F.

O to be in Turn 9 this weekend!   ;D
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

LG

I think many are simply over the Holden farewells.
They've been dead and gone for a long time...

murph_fan51

With the exception of Bathurst do we really need 4 days of racing?
Compress it down to 2 days and then mostly everyone will be able to watch it on the weekend while not at work.

But yes, looking forward to the races.
debris debris debris

Trevor

ahhhhh, is Supercarzzzzzzzz on this weekend, gee I wonder who is going to win?
I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

Sonic

I hope someone turns up over the next 4 days to watch it. On the few occasions I saw the stands there were very few folk there.

Perhaps they were wandering around or just not bothering coz it was only the Thu but it felt very empty.
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Brazen

Quote from: Sonic on December 01, 2022, 10:07:47 PM
I hope someone turns up over the next 4 days to watch it. On the few occasions I saw the stands there were very few folk there.

Perhaps they were wandering around or just not bothering coz it was only the Thu but it felt very empty.

Always empty on Thursday... I go on Friday in Perth only because it's better than sitting at home... it's usually pretty dead but then is packed by Sat/Sun.

If they added Thursday I probably wouldn't bother that would be way too much

djr18fan

Quote from: Trevor on December 01, 2022, 07:58:13 PM
ahhhhh, is Supercarzzzzzzzz on this weekend, gee I wonder who is going to win?

Maybe Nick Percat again. Although the last time he won he was driving for Lucas Dumbrell Motorsport.

mikeamerica84

Car liveries aside, it looks to me that there is a new livery for the kerbs.  Were not they blue-yellow-red before?

Hard to see on TV, too, for there were no good shots of the main grandstand, but do they still have the red-blue-red-blue canopy over it?

Like the new Turn 7 wall, too.   :)
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

stp01

Kerbs at first chicane were red, white and black in 2020.
Triple Eight and Holden
2022 Supercars Drivers Champion
2022 Supercars Teams Champion
2022 Supercars Manufacturers Champion
2022 Super2 Drivers Champion

TheArrow

I know it's only a little thing, but I'm glad they haven't painted over the white lines like that have in the past. In the past they have painted over the white lines on corner apexes.

If they're going to run on city streets, the white lines should still be there, so I'm glad they are.

skaifeman

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on December 02, 2022, 07:04:28 AM
Car liveries aside, it looks to me that there is a new livery for the kerbs.  Were not they blue-yellow-red before?

Hard to see on TV, too, for there were no good shots of the main grandstand, but do they still have the red-blue-red-blue canopy over it?

Like the new Turn 7 wall, too.   :)

The previous state Government sold all infrastructure for the event: https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/10/06/adelaide-500-pit-building-put-up-for-sale/
Looks like some new off the shelf stuff for this year: https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/11/21/gallery-adelaide-500-construction/

SVG tops the final practice before Qualy tonight. The Tickford cars look quick too.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Kytabu

It's been so easy for SVG this year that he has given himself a challenge for tomorrow. I think he'll back in contention by half-race distance.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"