News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Season Final (with spoliers)

Started by Sonic, December 01, 2022, 11:56:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iggle Piggle

Quote from: Kytabu on December 02, 2022, 06:26:03 PM
It's been so easy for SVG this year that he has given himself a challenge for tomorrow. I think he'll back in contention by half-race distance.

He's going all in on the Holden / Clipsal history thing - setting it up to replicate the first few years of the 500 where Lowndes then Skaife and then Bright won it for HRT from rear of grid

stevo qld

The big news:

Smith not only did not come last, but the champ starts behind.

Surely it is time for Mr. Smith to retire from Supercar Racing.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Trevor

what happened to Van Gisbergen?

Is this done so we can witness AGAIN (thanks Skaife) how good a driver he is - all the while Skaife and Crompton sit in the booth giving each other a reach-around when he moves up 3 places

jd

He locked up on the last corner and screwed his run. ;D

hsv8fan

Quote from: skaifeman on December 02, 2022, 03:17:19 PM
Quote from: mikeamerica84 on December 02, 2022, 07:04:28 AM

The previous state Government sold all infrastructure for the event: https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/10/06/adelaide-500-pit-building-put-up-for-sale/
Looks like some new off the shelf stuff for this year: https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/11/21/gallery-adelaide-500-construction/

I believe they are hired from Melbourne Grand Prix due to the others being sold off and the short timeframe

TheArrow

Van Gis will win the race. I'm calling it now.

madbugger

Quote from: Trevor on December 02, 2022, 07:16:46 PM
what happened to Van Gisbergen?

Is this done so we can witness AGAIN (thanks Skaife) how good a driver he is - all the while Skaife and Crompton sit in the booth giving each other a reach-around when he moves up 3 places

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

mikeamerica84

Quote from: stevo qld on December 02, 2022, 07:02:37 PM
The big news:

Smith not only did not come last, but the champ starts behind.

Surely it is time for Mr. Smith to retire from Supercar Racing.
If I remember correctly, the last time at Clipsal SVG whinged big time about Jack holding him up during one of the races.  And it was for position.  Pit strategy at that point put him behind Jack.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Trevor

Quote from: Trevor on December 02, 2022, 07:16:46 PM
it is ****ing sickening listening to these 2 wankers

Joe5619

Mark Skiafe is the biggest wanker in the box!!

1) There is no Holden company, which means there is no Holden factory cars on the grid
2) please just walk onto T8, bend over the door of Giz's car & wait.

AlbertM

Cracker of a race. The rightful "Holden" team took the honours   

Suck it SVG! Took the wind out of Skaife's sails in the end.
Ford Faithful

LG

Quote from: Joe5619 on December 03, 2022, 05:40:25 PM
Mark Skiafe is the biggest wanker in the box!!

1) There is no Holden company, which means there is no Holden factory cars on the grid
2) please just walk onto T8, bend over the door of Giz's car & wait.

He'll be waiting a fair while for that to turn up...  :)

LG

I think Waters was pretty hard done by with that penalty.
The pass certainly appeared to be ok and someone was splitting hairs.

AlbertM

Quote from: LG on December 03, 2022, 06:21:54 PM
I think Waters was pretty hard done by with that penalty.
The pass certainly appeared to be ok and someone was splitting hairs.
No Ford that could spoil the party is going to get a fair shake this weekend.
Ford Faithful

Joe5619

Agree the waters penalty was a compete job!!!

Do Supercars realise Holden is not a company at all anymore & that the only company that supports this category is Ford.. How about they stop the BS before Ford walk away too. it's getting beyond a ****en joke to watch & this is coming from a person who never says anything bad about Supercars!