News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Season Final (with spoliers)

Started by Sonic, December 01, 2022, 11:56:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jd

Quote from: Joe5619 on December 03, 2022, 05:40:25 PM
......1) There is no Holden company, which means there is no Holden factory cars on the grid
Spot on.  Shame no one in the commentary has pointed out that 888 are using OLD model cars from a company that doesn't even exist.

Rolly made a point regarding the FGX still being used yet what have they been doing for a few years and it's not even a genuine Commodore.  His smartarse statement that Ford should build a better car bit him in the arse when they did and it toasted 888 so it was knobbled as usual also comes to mind.

AlbertM

Quote from: Joe5619 on December 03, 2022, 07:07:51 PM
Agree the waters penalty was a compete job!!!

Do Supercars realise Holden is not a company at all anymore & that the only company that supports this category is Ford.. How about they stop the BS before Ford walk away too. it's getting beyond a ****en joke to watch & this is coming from a person who never says anything bad about Supercars!

Supercars realise there are still a glut of Holden fans to fleece.
Ford Faithful

GASMAN

Thank God for speedcafe to get the winner as I'm amazed anyone watches this farce these days
No wonder Ford won't sign off.World cup soccer has been great 👍

stevo qld

It really annoys me that the Supercars talking heads keep claiming statistics for the Walkinshaws when, for some of the time, Tom Walkinshaw was just a supplier to the actual teams. Mark Skaife would well know this as he was a team owner paying big bills to Tom.

Another Team was the Kelly family team which won two championships, 2006 and 2007.

As I recall, Tom Walkinshaw lost control of his Supercars team in 2003 amid the collapse of the Arrows F1 team and his empire, but was back involved two years later, and regained ownership by the end of the decade.

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Wrighty05

Quote from: LG on December 03, 2022, 06:21:54 PM
I think Waters was pretty hard done by with that penalty.
The pass certainly appeared to be ok and someone was splitting hairs.

From the chopper shot it looked fair enough I reckon

djr18fan

Entertaing race.
Plenty of overtaking. Different strategies. Team & driver errors. Challenging track conditions. Couple of safety cars mixing things up. A controversial penalty (not in my opinion).

Looking forward to Sundays race.

Kytabu

I don't see the issue with the Waters penalty. He was slow off the previous corner and dived back down the inside of Hazelwood on dirty tyres. I thought it would have been a 15-second time penalty rather than a drive-through, though.

I usually don't complain about the commentary but yesterday it was too much even for me. The worst part was when Crompton said "News flash: Van Gisbergen is the race leader" when he was one of only two cars yet to pit.

Awesome to see WAU get a 1-2, and I thought it was fitting that Courtney joined them on the podium given he took the last race win at Adelaide for the team in HRT guise.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

madbugger

what a typical crock of 💩. SVG speeds in pit lane by 5-6 kmh but doesn't get disqualified from top 10 shootout.

Any other driver would have been gone.

Supercars hierarchy are nothing but cheats😡😡😡

explanation from Burgess was bull💩
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

Joe5619

The grand stands full most half empty? What are they charging for them vs general admission?

Dear lord, I know you are a Holden fan & I just want to let you know that Frosty is in a Holden too, please I just need a podium to make my Christmas!

Supercars13

Best race of the year yesterday after a fairly average season.

Triple Eight have now led over 1000 laps at Adelaide to be the third circuit to pass that number.

Since today is the only race that counts for the round we will see what happens.

AlbertM

Naaahhh! There is no bias at all in Supercars, is there.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/12/04/van-gisbergen-given-shootout-reprieve/

"The decision not to penalise van Gisbergen delayed the start of today's Shootout, something not granted yesterday to Tickford Racing as it completed repairs to Thomas Randle's car."

Ford Faithful

Ospif1

Hmm SVG with a PLP.  But I thought there was undeniable bias favouring them?

Hmm this doesn't suit the narrative at all.

AlbertM

Quote from: Ospif1 on December 04, 2022, 04:55:57 PM
Hmm SVG with a PLP.  But I thought there was undeniable bias favouring them?

Hmm this doesn't suit the narrative at all.
Didn't you hear Whincup, they were cleared of it, SVG was going to get away with it.  It was only pursued further from a complaint from pit lane.
Ford Faithful

AlbertM

Skaife slips up "at this Holden event"...LOL!
Ford Faithful

Ospif1

Oh man what an awesome celebration from SVG.  Legend.

Great job by Feeney, he hasn't really shown that kind of genuine pace but to do it here is a pretty big deal as well.

Great way for the Holden badge to say goodbye.