News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Season Final (with spoliers)

Started by Sonic, December 01, 2022, 11:56:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlbertM

Well done Broc Feeney. If you have to win a race, Adelaide is a great place to do it.

Thanks Lee Holdsworth.
Ford Faithful

Joe5619

I hate to be a Karen, but nudging your car up against a fence, with people on the other side, then putting something on the gas pedal to keep the burn out going whist you get out of the car is beyond dangerous!

And well done Broc, good win!!

Bring on next year, just hope they get gen3 rights.

Troy01505

Quote from: Ospif1 on December 04, 2022, 05:19:48 PM
Oh man what an awesome celebration from SVG.  Legend.

Great job by Feeney, he hasn't really shown that kind of genuine pace but to do it here is a pretty big deal as well.

Great way for the Holden badge to say goodbye.

That's the real broc when he isn't consolidating to have a good year

Wrighty05

Fitting end for Holden, with the race won by Broc(k)

Trevor

all these references to 'Holden' need to changed to Opel IMHO

Zac

Quote from: AlbertM on December 03, 2022, 05:59:49 PM

Suck it SVG!

Suck up the champers, suck up your third Supercars Championship, suck up your third Bathurst win, suck up your second 'Most Popular Driver' and 'Drivers Driver' awards, and suck up your 75 Supercar wins.

I'd love to see Shane face stiffer competition, but he's a class above the current field - and as much as I'd love to see Cam Waters give Shane the opposition he needs and wants, I'm thinking Shane's toughest opposition is shaping up to be his 20 y.o. team-mate. Even when SVG is mid-field or even further back, he's usually the only one making overtaking moves when the field looks like a fast-moving procession. I can understand why people find Supercars boring when SVG keeps running away with it, but today shows how it can be less than boring when Shane is nowhere near the front.

PS (to Trev): Holden, Ford, Mustang, Commodore... they're all just V8 Supercars with replica bodies stuck on them - but it's good to see the Ford/Holden(GM) fire is still alive in some of us.   

GASMAN

Shane's not a class act
He's a grub.Always has been.Been given a leg up went Rolland bent over the series
Thank **** that bull**** is over

Ospif1

Quote from: Joe5619 on December 04, 2022, 05:43:13 PM
I hate to be a Karen, but nudging your car up against a fence, with people on the other side, then putting something on the gas pedal to keep the burn out going whist you get out of the car is beyond dangerous!

Wait.  Are you suggesting the car may have gone through the pit-wall?

Joe5619

Quote from: Ospif1 on December 04, 2022, 07:57:00 PM
Quote from: Joe5619 on December 04, 2022, 05:43:13 PM

Wait.  Are you suggesting the car may have gone through the pit-wall?
I'm saying it's dangerous to do a burn out & get out of the car whilst the car is still doing a burn out & fans are half a metre from the front door of the car.

What if the car went sideways & pinned Giz to the field?

Love the burn outs, but stay in the car FFS!!

murph_fan51

I'd be interested to know what was used to hold down the gas in the burnout.
How cool was the donuts around the championship trophy!

Well done to Broc on the win to become the Adelaide 500 champion (they still award it that way?) and the final win for Holden.

Great to have the Adelaide track back too.
debris debris debris

Sonic

Anything of interest happen today (saw the last 2-3 laps just then)? Just back from the Winton HQ 4 hour... they did the full 4 hours with NO safety cars in 2 x 30+ degree days!! (except of course for the SC that comes out at the 2 hour mark to end the Saturday sector of the race)

Saw Broc won his first... Giz burnout was cool but you'd have to think he will be fined for that (and should be) and also think that he will not give a damn about it...

Disappointed that they put Giz up on the podium with the top 3... Broc deserved to have his moment in the limelight.

philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Troy01505

And people wonder why they get smites!

Not a Holden blah blah, looks more like the Holden badged road car than the Mustang looks like it's road going version

Well done Broc, and fantastic finish to the Holden v Ford rivalry.

Look to triple 8 domination to continue with the Camaro!

Thanks for the laughs all year Albo and trev, The better Gizzy goes the funnier your responses

LG

Quote from: murph_fan51 on December 04, 2022, 08:39:32 PM
I'd be interested to know what was used to hold down the gas in the burnout.
How cool was the donuts around the championship trophy!

Well done to Broc on the win to become the Adelaide 500 champion (they still award it that way?) and the final win for Holden.

Great to have the Adelaide track back too.

His boot.

AlbertM

Quote from: Zac on December 04, 2022, 07:01:03 PM
Quote from: AlbertM on December 03, 2022, 05:59:49 PM

Suck it SVG!

Suck up the champers, suck up your third Supercars Championship, suck up your third Bathurst win, suck up your second 'Most Popular Driver' and 'Drivers Driver' awards, and suck up your 75 Supercar wins.

I'd love to see Shane face stiffer competition, but he's a class above the current field - and as much as I'd love to see Cam Waters give Shane the opposition he needs and wants, I'm thinking Shane's toughest opposition is shaping up to be his 20 y.o. team-mate. Even when SVG is mid-field or even further back, he's usually the only one making overtaking moves when the field looks like a fast-moving procession. I can understand why people find Supercars boring when SVG keeps running away with it, but today shows how it can be less than boring when Shane is nowhere near the front.

PS (to Trev): Holden, Ford, Mustang, Commodore... they're all just V8 Supercars with replica bodies stuck on them - but it's good to see the Ford/Holden(GM) fire is still alive in some of us.   

Only pulled the chain a little.
Ford Faithful

AlbertM

Quote from: Troy01505 on December 04, 2022, 09:22:00 PM
And people wonder why they get smites!

Not a Holden blah blah, looks more like the Holden badged road car than the Mustang looks like it's road going version

Well done Broc, and fantastic finish to the Holden v Ford rivalry.

Look to triple 8 domination to continue with the Camaro!

Thanks for the laughs all year Albo and trev, The better Gizzy goes the funnier your responses

And you're not a Holden fan....LOL!

SVG is the best of the rest. His main rivals are gone. Winner by default. Won't mention the parity upgrade ZB got along the way. Can't blame him. He better make hay while the sun shines. Feeney's looking the goods and he'll have more **** going through his head.  :-* ;D
Ford Faithful