News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Season Final (with spoliers)

Started by Sonic, December 01, 2022, 11:56:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skaifeman

For a split moment I thought they were going to short-fill Feeney to not impede SVG. Rightly so they gave him the opportunity to win the race. Well played 888 - two car team.
Not sure what SVG was thinking with the early overlap, and Whincup's response wasn't great either. The apex of the corner is the apex of the corner, regardless if the driver runs wide.

Mostert finished the back end of the season with 5 straight podiums, granted it's 3 circuits that WAU have traditionally been good at but it bodes well for next season.

That's got to be the first Championship burnout to rival Ingall, albeit planned. Although his Pukey effort was better.

I must say I enjoyed Scotty in the commentary team. Great insight as a driver, moreso than the mechanical stuff the others go through.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Trevor

Quote from: GASMAN on December 04, 2022, 07:18:49 PM
Shane's not a class act
He's a grub.Always has been.Been given a leg up went Rolland bent over the series
Thank **** that bull**** is over
no it's not, didn't you see Jamie clammering to get guidance from Roland Pane when SVG was given a penalty, Roland Pane is alive and kicking in background

Bloopy

I guess if Holdsworth had run much wider at the restart he might've left a gap of more than 5 car lengths ahead and got the penalty for that, taking Giz off the hook. Potentially a good way to bait the driver behind into a penalty otherwise.

Quote from: madbugger on December 04, 2022, 12:43:07 PM
what a typical crock of 💩. SVG speeds in pit lane by 5-6 kmh but doesn't get disqualified from top 10 shootout.

Has anyone been disqualified from qualifying or penalised grid spots for pit lane speeding during qualifying? I don't recall it happening and would've guessed it was just a fine, but maybe I'm just thinking of practice.

TheArrow

All the Holdsworth wide chat is irrelevant when it was a hit from Van Gis that sent him wide anyway.

hsv8fan

Race control gave SVG the penalty to prove to the majority that is not 888 Supercars

AlbertM

Quote from: TheArrow on December 05, 2022, 08:31:18 PM
All the Holdsworth wide chat is irrelevant when it was a hit from Van Gis that sent him wide anyway.
Crompton and Skaife went very quiet after showing the in car footage of SVG pushin Holdsworth wide.
Ford Faithful

AlbertM

Quote from: hsv8fan on December 05, 2022, 08:55:30 PM
Race control gave SVG the penalty to prove to the majority that is not 888 Supercars
Except SVG was initially cleared of the incident, it wasn't until it was investigated further, that SVG copped a penalty.
Ford Faithful

Trevor

Quote from: AlbertM on December 05, 2022, 11:05:55 PMCrompton and Skaife went very quiet after showing the in car footage of SVG pushin Holdsworth wide.
of course they did, they even paused giving each a reach-around

skaifeman

Love him or hate him, at least someone is doing it. He shoots himself in the foot every now and then so some should be thankful!

The commentary for the weekend was always going to be about Holden, unsure why some thought otherwise? It was either going to be the Holden fairy tale or Ford denies the Holden fairy tale.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

djr18fan

With at least 50% of supercars brand fans being Holden supporters, it would be ridiculous not to pander to those fans.
Not sure General Motors would be thrilled though as mentioning Holden also reminds everyone GM closed them down.

V8SuperRiley

Quote from: AlbertM on December 05, 2022, 11:08:59 PM
Quote from: hsv8fan on December 05, 2022, 08:55:30 PM
Except SVG was initially cleared of the incident, it wasn't until it was investigated further, that SVG copped a penalty.

I believe he was initially cleared of passing before the control line, only to then be penalised for overlap before the last apex.