News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

RIP Christine McVie

Started by mikeamerica84, December 01, 2022, 02:10:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeamerica84

I'm over my head....

...but it sure feels nice.

1943-2022
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Trevor

RIP Kristie

I am a huge Fleetwood Mac fan, and I can't believe she was 79, that makes me feel old

LG

They seemed to make their best music when they were going through traumatic personal times.
Christine, although at the forefront of many of the troubling times, seemed to be the quiet one.
Her voice is every bit as good as as Stevie Nick's and she was also a very good songwriter.
The older we get, more and more great artists of our era seem to be dying and they will never be replaced.

RIP Chrissie McVie.

Trevor

Someone young mentioned the other day, that ALL the good music has gone, the charts are now full of one hit wonders, very few seem to be able to produce the goods to keep at the front - Adele is one that comes to mind, but they are very few and far between

Sonic

Quote from: Trevor on December 01, 2022, 06:17:03 PM
Someone young mentioned the other day, that ALL the good music has gone, the charts are now full of one hit wonders, very few seem to be able to produce the goods to keep at the front - Adele is one that comes to mind, but they are very few and far between

agree Trev.

perhaps that is because the studios of the 'big names' seem to tell the various artists these days what they are doing? the bands who do things on their own outside of the 'established guard' seem to be putting out good tunes still... but as you noted, few and far between

never a big Mac fan (**sighs...) but I certainly appreciated their music.
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Ospif1

Quote from: Trevor on December 01, 2022, 06:17:03 PM
Mainstream may be pretty tedious however there's more music than ever being produced which isn't on the airwaves that is excellent.  With streaming services it's easy to see the depth and quality out there in every genre imaginable.

RIP to McVie, legend.