News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

MotoGP 2021

Started by LG, May 17, 2021, 08:11:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trickyonne

Marc Marquez is a freak.....11 straight wins at that track is amazing

Guys like him and Dothan, have the ability to do the amazing which makes them Champions
Paul Murray Live

Ospif1

Impressive ride for MM and that will give him added confidence at the peril of everyone else. 

Miller was pretty disappointing, overtaken by his teammate who was nearly 20th at one stage, but he's keeping it upright which is half the battle.

Trickyonne

Anyone think that Jack is a chance ?
Paul Murray Live

Kytabu

Quote from: Trickyonne on June 23, 2021, 06:22:40 PM
I think after the craziness of 2020 it would be hard to rule out anyone in the current top five (Quatararo, Zarco, Miller, Bagnaia, Mir). Oliveira is on a hot streak at the moment too. Quartararo has found some consistency this season though so I think he will be hard to stop. Without the arm pump issue at Jerez he would be nearly 50 points up right now.

Hopefully the win sees Marquez back in form. If he rides like he did in 2019 he could still win the title yet!
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

Trickyonne

Quote from: Kytabu on June 24, 2021, 11:25:40 AM
Quote from: Trickyonne on June 23, 2021, 06:22:40 PM
I think after the craziness of 2020 it would be hard to rule out anyone in the current top five (Quatararo, Zarco, Miller, Bagnaia, Mir). Oliveira is on a hot streak at the moment too. Quartararo has found some consistency this season though so I think he will be hard to stop. Without the arm pump issue at Jerez he would be nearly 50 points up right now.

Hopefully the win sees Marquez back in form. If he rides like he did in 2019 he could still win the title yet!

I'm calling it....Jack has no chance
Not sure what it is about him, but he seems to be missing something
Paul Murray Live

Kytabu

At least we have Remy killing it in Moto2! Another solid podium, Fernandez was in a league of his own so still a great result.

It's painful watching Rossi at the moment :(.

Trickyonne

Quote from: Kytabu on June 28, 2021, 08:54:36 AM
At least we have Remy killing it in Moto2! Another solid podium, Fernandez was in a league of his own so still a great result.

It's painful watching Rossi at the moment :(.

Yep give Remmy a season or 2 on the big bikes and he will be a podium getter I believe

Rossi....sad end to a great career....mind you, the squillions he is probably making in merchandise alone I'd be happy with :)
Paul Murray Live

Ospif1

Vinales to Aprilia is an exciting one for me.  He is very inconsistent, but when he's quick he's as good as anyone out there and it will be nice to see what the Aprilia can do in the hands of a top tier rider.  I have no doubts it has podium potential.

meha

Yes saw that yesterday. the move is intriguing. Aprilia will be effectively a brand new team having decided to split from Gresini who are going with the Ducati's. I have to wonder if there will be a few teething issues for a while to start with.   

meha

It is now official, Rossi has announced that he is hanging up the helmet at the end of the year.

Arguably one of the greatest riders ever on two wheels. Regardless of your opinion of him, he will be missed.

skaifeman

The longevity of the guy still amazes me in what is a gladiatorial sport.
You'd have to argue pretty hard to say he isn't the greatest.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Kytabu

I only started watching MotoGP in 2011 so unfortunately never watched Rossi race in his absolute prime. I can appreciate his legend though based on the few older races I have watched and how the motorcycle community reveres him.

The biggest disappointment for me personally is that I had planned to go to Italy last year and see the MotoGP at Mugello. Covid put paid to that, obviously; watching Rossi race at home would have been an amazing experience! :(

Kytabu

Big news ahead of this weekend:L Vinales has been suspended by Yamaha for purposely operating the bike in a dangerous manner during last weekend's race.
https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/08/12/yamaha-suspends-vinales-over-dangerous-operation-of-motogp-bike/

Some photographers and fans at the circuit have said that he was banging off the limiter in 5th gear for three laps or so, on top of the limiter bashing coming into the pit lane.

CP

If that's not a big **** you to Yamaha, then I don't know what is?

God it's painful watching Jack at times. He shows glimmers of hope by winning and scoring podiums, then throws it in the sand on his own accord. He's pretty much cemented himself as the Aussie Cal, because Critchlow did the same thing.

Bloopy

Quote from: Kytabu on August 13, 2021, 04:34:56 PM
Big news ahead of this weekend:L Vinales has been suspended by Yamaha for purposely operating the bike in a dangerous manner during last weekend's race.
https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/08/12/yamaha-suspends-vinales-over-dangerous-operation-of-motogp-bike/

Some photographers and fans at the circuit have said that he was banging off the limiter in 5th gear for three laps or so, on top of the limiter bashing coming into the pit lane.

Suddenly it's hilarious that his name is Maverick. A case of nominative determinism.