News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

MotoGP 2021

Started by LG, May 17, 2021, 08:11:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LG

I haven't watched much this year but was lucky enough to tune into the last 2 races.
Jack Miller won both.
It's starting to look like he has turned the corner  with his career and hopefully will grab a lot more trophies.

Kytabu

That was a great ride considering he had a trip through the gravel before the bike change and then the double long-lap penalty. The Ducatis looked so hooked up in those conditions.

Cool to see two Frenchmen on the podium in their home race too!

It is worth noting Pedro Acosta in Moto3; 16 years old, first year at Grand Prix level, three wins and a second from five races and a 54-point championship lead. What a start to his GP career!
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

CP

Quote from: LG on May 17, 2021, 08:11:19 AM
I haven't watched much this year but was lucky enough to tune into the last 2 races.
Jack Miller won both.
It's starting to look like he has turned the corner  with his career and hopefully will grab a lot more trophies.

A couple of weeks ago I thought the race winning pace was there but not so much the consistency to go for a championship run.

meha

With Miller doing well and Gardner currently leading the Moto 2 series it makes me wonder if we will have a renaissance of Australians battling at the front of the Moto GP field in a few years.

CP

And to think we may have had two Aussies in MotoGP in the recent past. Jack and Arthur Sissis were both in Moto3 together yet went on very different paths. Jack got plucked by Honda and thrown on a MarcVDS bike in MotoGP and found his way to a factory Ducati ride.
Arthur disappeared into obscurity and is in ASBK on a privateer bike.

Trickyonne

IMO MotoGP is the best form of Motorsport on the planet right now....last season was amazing and this season is shaping up nicely, especially with our Jack on fire
Paul Murray Live

Kytabu

Mugello this weekend and another good chance for Jack with Ducati dominating there in the recent past.

Kytabu

Very sad news out of Mugello with Moto3 rider Jason Dupasquier passing away after a crash in qualifying. RIP.

Trickyonne

Wasn't a real edge of the seat race..enjoyable non the less :)
Paul Murray Live

Kytabu

Quote from: Trickyonne on May 31, 2021, 06:47:17 PM
The chance of a good race went away when Bagnaia crashed...once Quartaro was out front it was all over.

Great win by Gardner in Moto2. A really mature ride.

Trickyonne

Quote from: Kytabu on June 01, 2021, 10:28:17 AM
Quote from: Trickyonne on May 31, 2021, 06:47:17 PM
The chance of a good race went away when Bagnaia crashed...once Quartaro was out front it was all over.

Great win by Gardner in Moto2. A really mature ride.

really looking forward to Gardner in motogp ... i think he will go well
Paul Murray Live

meha

Will be good to see two Australian's in Moto GP next season now that Gardiner is confirmed at Tech 3 for next season.

LG

Jack got himself another podium last night, a little lucky but that's the way it goes sometimes.

Young Gardener won the GP2 again!

meha

Was rather surprised that Quartararo did not get a black flag for his leathers. If he had an accident it could have been serious, particularly as we are only one week from the passing of a Moto 3 rider safety should always be at the forefront.

Kytabu

Quote from: meha on June 08, 2021, 09:52:06 AM
Was rather surprised that Quartararo did not get a black flag for his leathers. If he had an accident it could have been serious, particularly as we are only one week from the passing of a Moto 3 rider safety should always be at the forefront.
That surprised me as well. I would have thought any issues with safety apparel would result in an instant call to the pit lane, regardless of how late in the race it is. You would definitely not want to go sliding through the gravel with an exposed chest.

Awesome ride by Oliveira, I thought Quartararo would easily pass and break away.

Interesting tactics in Moto3 with Alcoba sitting up in the final corners while leading to avoid being slipstreamed. It could have caused a major accident for the riders behind.