News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2023 Liveries

Started by Brazen, January 02, 2023, 03:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetpac013

Cam Waters car is all that remains to be revealed??

Im liking the satin finish on this one.

stp01

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on February 15, 2023, 01:40:43 AM
Quote from: SetonFan on February 14, 2023, 11:42:15 AM
There's a lot of white cars this year - will be interesting to see if some get lost on TV
At least Andre's car has a good smattering of black across the top on the bonnet and roof.

https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/heimgartner-rj-batteries-camaro-breaks-cover/
The concept for Jones's car had black on the bonnet and roof as well, but the sponsors get the final say.
Triple Eight and Holden
2022 Supercars Drivers Champion
2022 Supercars Teams Champion
2022 Supercars Manufacturers Champion
2022 Super2 Drivers Champion

TheArrow

Quote from: Jetpac013 on February 15, 2023, 08:28:04 AM

#6 Waters
#56 Fraser
#88 Feeney
#97 Van Gisbergen

ignition

Quote from: TheArrow on February 15, 2023, 02:33:36 PM

Quote from: Jetpac013 on February 15, 2023, 08:28:04 AM

#6 Waters
#56 Fraser
#88 Feeney
#97 Van Gisbergen

and PremiAir unless i've missed them

Kytabu

Looking forward to see how all the liveries look in person at the test day next week.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

Brazen

Quote from: Kytabu on February 15, 2023, 08:47:46 PM
Looking forward to see how all the liveries look in person at the test day next week.

Lucky you

I only have to wait until Perth at the end of April.

Courtney's car is awesome but I've always had a soft spot for cars in aqua/teal.

I really feel that Fullwood's car is the only one I'd say is bad... there's just too much pink at the back and the front has way too much un-interrupted black

nickmossdesign

NMD nickmossdesign - 2023 PREMI-AIR Racing / NULON / Jimmy Golding / Gen3 Supercars Camaro Livery Design:

www.nickmossdesign.com | f: @nickmossdesign.com | ig: @nickmossdesign | x: @nickmossdesign

Brazen

Love that simple design Nick! I think the new cars lines allow the liveries to be simpler and still look awesome

stevo qld

https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/gallery-all-25-gen3-supercars/

Someone has already commented on the Middy's car. It looks a bit weird on track with a black front, as if they haven't got around to finishing the wrap.

The Shaw and Partners signs on the back guards of the Coke cars looks a bit old school as if it is just a last-minute sticker placed over the wrap.

Just a query that some knowledgeable forumite can answer.
A lot of cars are painted gloss black under the wrap. Does the black enhance the wrap colour?
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Jetpac013

Quote from: stevo qld on February 18, 2023, 08:29:45 AM

A lot of cars are painted gloss black under the wrap. Does the black enhance the wrap colour?

Nope, doesn't really matter what colour the car is underneath. The quality of the wrap comes down to using the right material/laminate and the machine it is printed on, some machines print colours better than others.

stevo qld

Quote from: Jetpac013 on February 18, 2023, 08:52:47 AM
Quote from: stevo qld on February 18, 2023, 08:29:45 AM

Nope, doesn't really matter what colour the car is underneath. The quality of the wrap comes down to using the right material/laminate and the machine it is printed on, some machines print colours better than others.

Thanks.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

AlbertM

Quote from: nickmossdesign on February 17, 2023, 06:43:19 PM
NMD nickmossdesign - 2023 PREMI-AIR Racing / NULON / Jimmy Golding / Gen3 Supercars Camaro Livery Design:

I think I like this. The more I see it the better it gets.
Ford Faithful

mikeamerica84

I like the majority of the liveries, also.  No one has posted the Jack Smith livery with the two retro stripes.  I think this one is cool.  It should be real easy to spot - and not so that it is because it is at the back of the pack.

As for the Courtney livery, very nice.  I was wondering, though:  They take this car out into the woods, in a very scenic place, with a nice creek, and someone has tossed old tyres aside to get rid of them?  WTF?
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Marvin

Looks like a wall of tires Mike, probably a dam or something.

SCT Car looks cool, as do all the cars so far.

mikeamerica84

Quote from: Marvin on February 19, 2023, 02:17:38 AM
Looks like a wall of tires Mike, probably a dam or something.

SCT Car looks cool, as do all the cars so far.
One hell of a bad looking dam, then.

PM sent on our other topic at hand.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life