News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Silly Season 2021

Started by skaifeman, May 18, 2021, 08:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skaifeman

Quote from: Troy01505 on June 08, 2021, 08:35:55 AM
Confirmed, Numb nuts and his kiwi mate set to compete for 25th position at Bathurst 2021

https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/06/08/erebus-confirms-murphy-stanaway-bathurst-1000-wildcard/
I'm looking forward to see what they can do, Stanaway specifically. He has a backer in Boost, if he can get a result here he may have a drive on the cards for 2022.
And I guess I love the nostalgia of Ingall and Murphy too.

Adderton is at it again on Instagram, I know it's all fun and tongue in cheek but he's taking Supercheap on as to who can outdo each other in the marketing stakes, I don't know why he needs to call them out?
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Troy01505

Quote from: skaifeman on June 09, 2021, 09:33:46 AM
Confirmed, Numb nuts and his kiwi mate set to compete for 25th position at Bathurst 2021

https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/06/08/erebus-confirms-murphy-stanaway-bathurst-1000-wildcard/
I'm looking forward to see what they can do, Stanaway specifically. He has a backer in Boost, if he can get a result here he may have a drive on the cards for 2022.

Adderton is at it again on Instagram, I know it's all fun and tongue in cheek but he's taking Supercheap on as to who can outdo each other in the marketing stakes, I don't know why he needs to call them out?

Richie is much better then he appeared in his short Supercars career thanks to Tickford and the crap that was happening at the team during the time. They absolutely ruined him! Both of them had poor results and have been gone to long to do anything other then fill the grid.

AlbertM

Stanaway impressed as a co-driver. He fell short as a full timer.
Ford Faithful

skaifeman

"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Trickyonne

Paul Murray Live

skaifeman

Quote from: Trickyonne on June 17, 2021, 11:38:25 AM
Quote from: skaifeman on June 17, 2021, 09:38:43 AM
Wildcard frenzy:
https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/06/17/team-kiwi-racing-eyeing-shock-supercars-return/

TKR looking likely with a BJR car at Bathurst.

just what we need...more bloody kiwi drivers :)

One of the guys slated for driving it is Jordan Boys, an Albury product.

stevo qld

BJR has difficulties with fielding four cars.

Five may be too many.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

djr18fan

Quote from: Troy01505 on June 12, 2021, 12:17:06 AM

Richie is much better then he appeared in his short Supercars career thanks to Tickford and the crap that was happening at the team during the time. They absolutely ruined him! Both of them had poor results and have been gone to long to do anything other then fill the grid.

Stanaway started 9th in one hour race. Retired due to car failure while 3rd with 2 laps to go. Very wet race.
https://www.velocitynews.co.nz/leighs-claims-breakthrough-win-in-wet-pukekohe-one-hour/

Troy01505

Quote from: djr18fan on July 02, 2021, 07:39:13 PM
Quote from: Troy01505 on June 12, 2021, 12:17:06 AM

Stanaway started 9th in one hour race. Retired due to car failure while 3rd with 2 laps to go. Very wet race.
https://www.velocitynews.co.nz/leighs-claims-breakthrough-win-in-wet-pukekohe-one-hour/

His not going to do that at Bathurst however Murph will be more of a let down then Richie. Good car and environment and Richie would be top15 probably even knocking on a top 10, Murphy been out of the game for so long that even a top 5 car would have him outside the top 20 plus drivers

stevo qld

I initially thought that Renee Gracie was aiming at Bathurst 2022.

It now seems that the million dollar bid is for 2021 Bathurst.

The big questions.

Which Team will sell or lease a car for a Wildcard entry?

Surely some teams would welcome a $500,000 or more pay driver/

As a former competitor, will Supercars allow an entry by Renee?

Would Supercar management be game to deny a license to what would be a sensational PR exercise?

Who would co-drive?

I would like to see her there. Renee has the best shaped driving suit in years. ;D

https://www.news.com.au/sport/motorsport/v8-supercars/adult-actor-renee-gracie-plans-to-spend-1-million-to-buy-own-v8-supercars-team/news-story/b0aaf0fdd28a26eff5a02bdcd5f2d2a2

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

beggysmalls

Funny that this announcment came out a day or so after the site that she uses has decided that her type of content doesnt suit their new terms........... feels like it might be a last desperate attempt for publicity

When was the last time she actually drove a supercar? It would be at least 5 years ago wouldnt it? I cant see an teams who would be willing to take that on.

xAdzyx

The site where she 'works' isn't getting rid of that content by choice, they're being strong armed by all the financial institutions who've pandered to the left and threatening to remove their services.

On another note, Lang Lang is again for sale. Wouldn't be a bad place for a race track.

skaifeman

Gold Coast canned. No surprise.
https://autoaction.com.au/2021/09/09/gold-coast-500-cancelled?fbclid=IwAR31mT94SR9V9EbEI93jAAgfe5E3o7zqWNA9ezx9-VpS6swfbeKFgV_MVTg

We'll be lucky to get any race other than Bathurst this season, and even that's hanging by a thread.

...Phillip Island and Winton expected to be canned too.

murph_fan51

Quote from: skaifeman on September 09, 2021, 09:14:42 PM
Gold Coast canned. No surprise.
https://autoaction.com.au/2021/09/09/gold-coast-500-cancelled?fbclid=IwAR31mT94SR9V9EbEI93jAAgfe5E3o7zqWNA9ezx9-VpS6swfbeKFgV_MVTg

We'll be lucky to get any race other than Bathurst this season, and even that's hanging by a thread.

...Phillip Island and Winton expected to be canned too.
You're right, PI canned:
https://autoaction.com.au/2021/09/10/supercars-phillip-island-round-cancelled
debris debris debris

stevo qld

Who should we believe?

QuoteBy Mark Fogarty

Date posted: September 14, 2021

Supercars is planning an AFL/NRL-style hotel hub in southeast Queensland to ensure the season is completed.

Southern teams will quarantine in a Gold Coast 'bubble' for 14 days before racing resumes with back-to-back events at Queensland Raceway in early November.

All the teams would then move to NSW for another double-header at Sydney Motorsport Park before the Bathurst 1000, which is to be rescheduled as the season finale at the start of December.

Supercars is understood to be negotiating with the Queensland government to allow team personnel and series staff from VIC and NSW to isolate in a hotel or resort on the Gold Coast for two weeks.

"They're going to do a quarantine hotel for all the team and Supercars personnel from Victoria for 14 days," a southern squad insider revealed. "That's the smart way of doing it."

After completing quarantine, they would be free to join the QLD-based teams and Supercars officials to compete on consecutive weekends at QR.

The deal is due to be finalised within days, along with the latest revision of the COVID-disrupted calendar for the final five events.

As outlined to the teams, all interstaters would isolate in a dedicated hotel that would be turned into a Supercars 'bubble'.

They'd have freedom of movement within the facility rather than be restricted to their rooms, with access to dining areas, gym, swimming pool and other outside facilities

The arrangement will be similar to the hotel/resort 'bubbles' employed by the NRL, which relocated its competition to QLD, and the AFL's finals mini-hubs in Adelaide and Perth.

Finalisation of the Gold Coast hub is part of the delay in announcing the new schedule of events, which has been postponed at least twice since late last week.

COVID uncertainties have already claimed next month's proposed returns to Winton and Phillip Island, plus the Gold Coast 500 in December.

Supercars is planning back-to-back events at QR and then SMP in November before the Bathurst 1000, delayed again to replace the GC500 on the December 4-5 weekend as the season-ender.

The Bathurst 1000 is set to be combined with ARG's Bathurst International to create an almost week-long racing festival at Mount Panorama from November 30-December 5.

https://autoaction.com.au/2021/09/14/supercars-hub-to-finish-season

Or should we follow that well known Australian writer of fiction.

QuoteBathurst 1000 set to close Supercars season as Gold Coast gets chop
Queensland's loss is Mount Panorama's gain, with the storied Bathurst track set to host the Supercars grand finale. Here's why.

James Phelps
and
Rebecca Williams
less than 2 min read
September 10, 2021 - 8:31AM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

The Bathurst 1000 is set to be staged as a blockbuster finale to the Supercars season as part of a Gold Coast 500 cancelling calendar change that is expected to be released on Friday.

With Queensland to be lit up for the very first time with a night race, News Corp Australia can also exclusively reveal Australia's greatest race has been switched to begin on December 2, pending government approval.

Stream Every Practice, Qualifier & Race of the 2021 Repco Supercars Championship Live & On-Demand on Kayo. New to Kayo? Try 14-Days Free Now >

In what could be a thrilling 1000km championship decider, Mount Panorama will again host the V8 grand finale for the second straight year with the Gold Coast 500 to be canned because of Covid concerns.

But Queensland will not be left out of the revised calendar, should it be approved, with the Queensland Raceway set to host an October double header that will included a historic night race.

In a Queensland first for Supercars, the Ipswich venue will be lit up by high lumen lights that will be installed around the track known as the paperclip.

The Ipswich double header will replace rounds which were scheduled to be held in Winton and at Phillip Island.

After a lengthy break, Supercars is hoping to return to the track at QR on October 23 and 24. The series has not raced since back-to-back events in Townsville in July.

With hopes New South Wales will start to emerge from lockdown from mid-October, Supercars is also expected to announce a double header at Sydney Motorsport Park in November, which will serve as a prequel to the Bathurst 1000 decider.

It is the second time Supercars has been forced to revise the calendar for the second half of the season due to Covid chaos along the east coast.

The Bathurst 1000 had already been shifted to early November when the series announced its first revised schedule at the end of July, which resulted in a messy battle over dates to race at Mount Panorama with a rival event.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/motorsport/v8-supercars/bathurst-1000-set-to-close-supercars-season-as-gold-coast-gets-chop/news-story/c0690ee9ba073f4d590ef2d769bdbee5

ALBERT EINSTEIN