News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Silly Season 2021

Started by skaifeman, May 18, 2021, 08:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skaifeman

Both articles say the same thing?
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

AlbertM

Ford Faithful

skaifeman

"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Kytabu

That would be just lovely ;D. Four rounds and four layouts to use, but I bet they only use the Grand Prix and Druitt layouts if it goes ahead.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

Troy01505

AlbertM

Ford Faithful

Sonic

4 weeks in a row at SMP, week break, Bathurst.

While it will be good to have some racing to chat about this isn't a good decision for the sport I think.

They talk about it being 'for the fans', how many people from NSW will go to 4 meetings in a row at SMP?? and then add to that how many would also then go to Bathurst?
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Brazen

Quote from: Sonic on September 25, 2021, 11:32:53 AM

While it will be good to have some racing to chat about this isn't a good decision for the sport I think.

They talk about it being 'for the fans', how many people from NSW will go to 4 meetings in a row at SMP?? and then add to that how many would also then go to Bathurst?

If they had 4 rounds in a row in Perth I'd go to all of them very happily :)

Sonic

Quote from: Brazen on September 25, 2021, 11:50:20 AM

yeah you guys have missed out badly. at least we got the GP replacement round at Sandown

Troy01505

Quote from: Brazen on September 25, 2021, 11:50:20 AM

That's Perth. Supercars are often **** at SMP and it barely attracts fans at the best of times.

skaifeman

Dare say numbers will be heavily limited, probably grand stand only and park and watch, pits closed type thing. So over four events, maybe everyone will get to at least one?
Shame it's come to this just to meet the minimum set by Foxtel.

I hope to dear god that they change the track layout for at least two of them. They may make less passing opportunities, but as fans it would be better to see something different.

SetonFan

I hope they make one of them a 2 x 250km format to replace Gold Coast - or even a two-driver 500km race which is pretty unlikely but would help solve the problem of getting the co-drivers up to speed for Bathurst.

In fact, I would have preferred they did the final SMP round as a sprint round at Bathurst - go the whole hog and make it a 9 day festival and have it the week before the 1000.

It's embarrassing that NSW only has these two circuits to fill the gap.

Sonic

Quote from: SetonFan on September 25, 2021, 05:47:46 PM
I hope they make one of them a 2 x 250km format to replace Gold Coast - or even a two-driver 500km race which is pretty unlikely but would help solve the problem of getting the co-drivers up to speed for Bathurst.

In fact, I would have preferred they did the final SMP round as a sprint round at Bathurst - go the whole hog and make it a 9 day festival and have it the week before the 1000.

or even make the final event a 500 on the Sunday.

skaifeman

I do like the idea of a 500. I can't think of a reason not to? All fuel rigging etc would be on the road with them for Bathurst, I doubt the co-drivers would mind...

Roadways6

Quote from: SetonFan on September 25, 2021, 05:47:46 PM

Blame Supercars and the Iemma NSW Labour government for that. There was an Oran park replacement set to go, land acquired and willingness there, but they wanted some government help but the funding went to the Homebush street race instead....

The only thing stopping Supercars racing at Wakefield is the ridiculous ego of the Supercars organisation.