News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Viewing options

Started by hsv8fan, February 01, 2023, 08:50:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hsv8fan

G'day everyone.
I'm looking for opinions on the different viewing options.
Channel 7 is out of the equation.. obviously their coverage has been sub standard and #rap for years and 10 was no better when it had it for a while.
I was forced years ago to go the foxtel route to watch the V8's and openly say I resent it but do not regret it.
However with the exorbitant cost to have foxtel ( all the channels of rubbish that you have to pay for before getting the sport.
I am now considering the kayo plan. It is very attractive at worst half the foxtel cost and at best $50 less per month.
I understand for the money you can get access to Supercars and AFL live.
I understand the telecast is from the Fox broadcast?
Question. What happens if I miss it live ( I used to record the series on Fox)
How have you found it?
Cheers for the advice

Kytabu

Love Kayo, would never use anything else now for the sports that it shows.

If you miss the live coverage you can go back and watch the full day's coverage or just the replay of the race. You can skip back while watching the live coverage as well.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

hsv8fan

madbugger

ditched Foxtel 10 yrs ago and went down Kayo path. It's great and you can watch it anywhere if you have smartphone, you can cancel for a,period of time and then resubscribe very easily.
I do this over the christmas break to save a few dollars when most major sports are in recess.

BUT

no Indycars, and other motorsport that is on other various other streaming platforms. not sure if they are on foxtel, but it is a major pi55 off
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

hsv8fan

Cheers mate. Only really interested in Supercars and AFL. I like the idea of stopping it during the off season.

skaifeman

+1 for Kayo. I jumped on a deal when first introduced and am on $200 a year.
$16 a month (two screens) and I watch all Supercars, F1 amongst some football and cricket. I think it's $25 a month now.

Easy to cast to a screen, otherwise most smart TV's have an app, basically how you'd use foxtel.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Tasv8

KAYO is currently $17.50 per month for 12 months through the Telstra rewards app (must be a Telstra customer) which is a good deal for me as I watch Supercars, F1, NASCAR, AFL and cricket plus other bits and pieces.

hsv8fan

Quote from: skaifeman on February 02, 2023, 08:55:08 AM
+1 for Kayo. I jumped on a deal when first introduced and am on $200 a year.
$16 a month (two screens) and I watch all Supercars, F1 amongst some football and cricket. I think it's $25 a month now.

Easy to cast to a screen, otherwise most smart TV's have an app, basically how you'd use foxtel.
Thanks mate. Saying 25 for 1 screen and 30 for 2 currently. Saw the app on the tv already. just need to log in

hsv8fan

Quote from: Tasv8 on February 02, 2023, 09:09:49 AM
KAYO is currently $17.50 per month for 12 months through the Telstra rewards app (must be a Telstra customer) which is a good deal for me as I watch Supercars, F1, NASCAR, AFL and cricket plus other bits and pieces.
Thanks mate. That may be the way to go. I,m already with telstra for my nbn and fox. Have to ring them to cancel that anyway so may as well ask the question while I have the.

murph_fan51

I wish we had Kayo in New Zealand. Seems like the best option for sure.
debris debris debris

hsv8fan

Hi fellas.
Just got rid of foxtel and signed up.
No deals with telstra but thats ok.
We'll see how we go.
Cheers

mikeamerica84

You now how we do it over on this side & up top, don't you?

PM sent.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

djr18fan

Quote from: murph_fan51 on February 02, 2023, 07:14:08 PM
Check out sky sport now if you haven't already. I've used that for 2 years.
More expensive than Kayo but more sports on it by the looks. Cheaper than a full Sky subscription.
I use a month to month subscription. Canceled it the day after the adelaide round last year. Will start again on practice day of round 2. (Didn't plan a holiday very well & will be in adelaide for round 1!)
If you start watching a session late, you can still watch it from the start or skip to live coverage. Also has split screen capability if using a PC.  I cast from mobile to TV or sometimes just watch on mobile at work. Including indy cars.

murph_fan51

Quote from: djr18fan on February 03, 2023, 04:22:54 AM
Quote from: murph_fan51 on February 02, 2023, 07:14:08 PM
Check out sky sport now if you haven't already. I've used that for 2 years.
More expensive than Kayo but more sports on it by the looks. Cheaper than a full Sky subscription.
I use a month to month subscription. Canceled it the day after the adelaide round last year. Will start again on practice day of round 2. (Didn't plan a holiday very well & will be in adelaide for round 1!)
If you start watching a session late, you can still watch it from the start or skip to live coverage. Also has split screen capability if using a PC.  I cast from mobile to TV or sometimes just watch on mobile at work. Including indy cars.

Thanks djr. Will certainly consider it this year, thought you had to have full Sky then pay extra for sport package.

I have noticed Supercars have increased their YouTube content (highlights) but still for those that have limited time, the highlights are not too bad and what I have been watching recently.
debris debris debris