News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2023 V8 Central Fantasy League Media Centre

Started by TheArrow, February 11, 2023, 11:33:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheArrow

Welcome to the 2023 V8CFL Media Centre.

We're going to kick it off early this year to help drum up support and engagement.

Use this thread for media releases before, during and after events. Share pre-season line up rumours, or speculation about your team. Announce your drivers for this season, driver swaps throughout the year, celebrate your results, lament the bad days, give insights into how your team is run. Post rumours or silly-season speculation before you announce a drive swap!

Post your season cars. Post your one-off or round-by-round designs. If your team is supporting a local charity/cause for a certain round or a national day that corresponds with the date of an event, share the special one-off design.

As this is all fantasy, you can be as outrageous and creative as you like in regards to your designs. Your sponsors don't have any say in the designs. It's all up to you!

If your team has changed manufacturer during the off season, or your car has had aerodynamic adjustments, announce it here. Lets bring the fun and fantasy back to this thread.

We all need a bit of fun these days.

Media Centre is now open!

TheArrow

THE ARROW MOTORSPORT ANNOUNCE TEAM LAUNCH DATE

After being one of the last teams to confirm their entry in the 2022 season, perennial V8 Central Fantasy League team The Arrow Motorsport are the first to announce their arrival in the 2023 season.

While the season sign ups have not yet commenced, the team has made their intentions clear by announcing their intention to launch the team on Friday, March 3, 2023.

"After a few tough seasons, we came back pretty strong last year and we're hoping to build on that momentum in 2023 and, for the first time in 15 years, win the title." Said TheArrow.

There were no hints dropped regarding who the drivers would be, nor what car the team would race. It was rumoured that the aging Mazda3 sedan would be quietly replaced, but no word has been leaked surrounding what that might be. There is still the chance the Mazda6 will continue for the 8th year.

There were, however, possible hints around the livery that might be used for the 2023 season after last week's Bathurst 12 Hour event in which the team entered a BMW M6 GT3 car.

The car sported a black base with numerous indigenous art covering the entire car, and a large Arrow Productions logo on the sides. TheArrow refused comment on whether this would be adopted for the V8 Central Fantasy League team or if it was just used for the new GT3 component of the organisation.

Images of the teams BMW from the Bathurst 12 Hour event.

More information, including driver lineups, sponsorship and the car the team will race will be revealed in the coming weeks, culminating in the launch of the team on March 03, 2023.

2017 Tournament Champions
2022 Wins
2022 Race 1 - Sydney Motorsport Park - Race Winner
2022 Race 3 - Symmons Plains - Race Winner
2022 Race 3 - Wanneroo - Race Winner

mikeamerica84

R&K Motorsports
2022 V8 Central Fantasy League Champions

"Home, home on the range....."

Returning soon to a Fantasy League near you cowpokes!
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Helix

shogun autosport will be returning to the most competitive fantasy series on V8central , after having an average season in 22 with only 3 wins we will be coming for the crown in 23 Mike lol

Jetpac013

TAA / Ford Performance Announce Team Launch

TAA Performance along with Ford Performance have teased their brand new Ford Mustang V6 Twin Turbo today ahead of their official launch to come in the following week.

TheArrow

THE ARROW MOTORSPORT LAUNCHES INTO 2023

In a private function held behind closed doors at The Arrow Motorsport's Central Coast workshop on Friday night, the enduring team launched their 2023 racers alongside their fresh driver line-up ready to capitalise on their return to form in 2022.

While the team only won 3 races and achieved a further four podium finishes, it was a welcome return to form, finishing in the top 5 in the championship for the first time since their second place finish in 2017.

The ever-present Mazda squad today revealed the much anticipated driver line-up and liveries that the special guests viewed on Friday night. The biggest news from the reveal is undoubtedly the all-new driver roster for the 2023 season. Returning to the famous #57 is 2 time Bathurst 1000 winner Chaz Mostert, alongside Kiwi ace Andre Heimgartner in the sister car. 

"Losing drivers is always tough, but it's also just part of the system. If they're not achieving the result we need, then we have to consider a replacement. Likewise if we're not providing them with what they need, they have every right to look elsewhere too." said TheArrow.

"But we really think we've locked in the right package and driver combination this season. So we're reading to rock up in Newy and get a big bag of points to start the season strong!"

After a few seasons of speculation, it was announced the team will be continuing with the aging Mazda6 GL platform that has been used since the re-launch of the V8CFL in 2015. Aside from a few minor aero adjustments and facelifts over the 8 season the car has been used, it is vastly unchanged.

"Yeah, look, we did have a few offers from other manufacturers - a giant American brand, a German brand and a few others - we just felt that we should have some kind of continuity going in to the 2023 season. In addition, the turnaround time required to build a new car, we just wouldn't have had anything built in time so perhaps we can reconsider it through the season, but for now we are committed to our partnership with Mazda." TheArrow said.

The Mazda branding on the cars has decreased year-on-year, and the team name has dropped "Mazda" and reverted to their original name; The Arrow Motorsport. Rumours in the paddock at the Adelaide finale mentioned the team being approached by Ford, BMW and a third, unknown brand all of which were knocked back by The Arrow Motorsport, albeit for the short-term.

"We're still committed and in a partnership with Mazda, however the capacity of such has shifted slightly. We still consider ourselves a 'factory team'. But we'd be silly to think we could continue for much longer with a package that has remained largely unchanged for near-on a decade. It's proving harder and harder to be competitive. So if Mazda does not have a newer product that we can race soon, it would be within our best interests to look elsewhere."

Adorning the sides of the Mazda6 Supercars is the familiar branding of Arrow Productions. Launching the brands new corporate colours of teal and yellow, the logo is accompanied by an eye-catching Indigenous artwork. Tapping into their Indigenous heritage, The Arrow Motorsport has combined was excited about the impact this might have on other teams and fans alike.

"Look, full disclosure, when Kalyara Racing Team launched their absolutely stunning livery last year, tapping into their indigenous heritage, I was disappointed that we hadn't thought to do the same. Even with the dedicated 'Indigenous Round' held in Darwin, we felt we should really have embraced that side of us sooner." TheArrow said.

"So, we decided to run the regular season livery has an indigenous inspired design. We'll have to see what we can do for 'Indigenous Round', we've set our standard pretty high! Plus our indigenous livery last year was pretty popular!"

Round one, at Newcastle, is somewhat of a home race for The Arrow Motorsport.

"We have some history in Newcastle. I have family in the area, and my parents grew up there, so we are so excited to head back and hopefully get a good result!"

2017 Tournament Champions
2022 Wins
2022 Race 1 - Sydney Motorsport Park - Race Winner
2022 Race 3 - Symmons Plains - Race Winner
2022 Race 3 - Wanneroo - Race Winner

Jetpac013

TAA Performance Gen 3 Mustang breaks cover

TAA Performance has revealed the livery for the #013 Gen3 Ford Mustang Supercar they will campaign in 2023.

As has been the case in the last 2 seasons, the TAA Performance Mustang will have major backing form Ford Performance and will sport Ford's Ecoboost Twin Turbo V6 engine.

This years look is different to years gone by, where the Mustang logo covers the rear quarter/wheel arch area along with the Ford logo taking up the rest of the door space.

"we wanted to do something different from years gone by, and i think we have done that" team owner Alex said.

"It was disappointing to finish the last year towards the bottom of the table, we had a sting of misfortune, weather it be engine related or driver we started well and got 1 race win, but finished poorly" Alex added

Along with a brand new car the team have completely overhauled their engine program, with new turbo supplier Garrett Advancing Motion coming on board this year.

"The engine package this year is all new, we believe in the V6 Twin Turbo engine package we have and will continue to improve on that" "Garrett Advancing Motion have come onboard with our engine program which we are excited about, and have already seen improvement over last years engine package" Said Alex.

"I'm looking forward to what the year brings and hopefully we have a much better year" Alex added.

Garrett Advancing Motion joins the team along with Ford Performance, Holley EFI, Ford Motorcraft, Castol Edge, Haas and Jetpac Dezign

mikeamerica84

R&K Motorsports
Pre-Season Disaster Strikes !

Gorokan, NSW – With less than a week prior to the season opener up in Newcastle, disaster struck the R&K Motorsport camp prior to even unveiling their 2023 Mustang.  After clinching the 2022 title, driver Jack Smith took the new car out for a shakedown on a local club circuit. 

"Jack was not wearing any safety gear," explained Team Principal Mike.  "No fire suit.  No helmet.

"He had the windows down and a strong gust of air came into the car.  His long blonde hair was blown into disarray around and about his face."

"I lost my vision temporarily," added Smith.  "I thought there was a left hand curve in the road so I turned the wheel appropriately.  The car then spun, hooked, and tumbled wildly."

Luckily Smith was wearing his full safety harness and escaped with only bruises.  The car, however, looked well beyond second hand.

"The chassis is a total write-off," concluded Mike.  "We are now forced to break out our 2022 championship winning car, albeit not a new Gen 3 Mustang."

The team informed us that all spare parts are via the same shipping route as TCR Australia's parts.  Hence, this could take a while to get a new chassis and assemble it properly.

"At least we have something to race," concluded Mike.  "We know it is a proven winner, and the V8CFL has the greatest BOP formula of any series on the planet."

The 2023 Ford Mustang for R&K Motorsports

"Our good mate Helix plastered on the decals.  It was basically stripped down to the bare white paint after last year and has been sitting in the shop. 
Kingsford is back as our one and only sponsor."

Mike then continued on a more sadder note, as all in attendance hung their heads.  "My best friend and chief strategist, Al the Cat passed away suddenly on February 15th.  The little guy was only nine years old.  This year we are dedicating our season to Al.  He will be riding shotgun with us always.  We even added 'AL' to our number 1 in his honor.  He will always be missed, but he wouldn't want us to get bummed out.  He was a backyard grilling and beer sipping cat."

Backyard BBQ grills then lit up the afternoon sky throughout the land as R&K and Kingsford fans united.

"You kids eat a nice big meal before going in the pool and bouncing around, now!"

"You kids eat more than the neighbor kids, now, so that their mum gets mad at them."

This mum is making sure that she is the best dressed grill attendee on the block.

This bloke is trying to lure THAT mum over to his yard by grilling up the good stuff.

We'll see you all trackside this weekend.

Rest in Peace my friend.
2013-2023

Helix

Tragedy at Shogun Autosport

Due to an unprecedented amount of "phenomenon" experienced at the factory of Shogun Autosport recently, the team has been decimated in the wake of the 2022 season and into the 2023. team principal and founder Helix was seen sobbing in the corner of the factory.

When pressed for comment Helix pulled himself together to say we worked hard with our homologation teams to be able to deliver our very first Gen 3 Mustang on time and in excellent spec, that chassis was delivered to our good friend and series champion Mike and R&K Motorsports.

What happened next can only be described as extraordinary, first the staff walked out on us , i guess hugs and thanks don't put food on your table, but lap dance Friday was a hit, thanks to Mandy in reception for that <3

next most of our sponsors backed out from us citing they would rather back the WNBA than be seen our cars in the midfield even though we tasted championship glory in 2021, fickle is the world of sponsorship.

What Helix didn't expect though was a loyal few to say to him, boss we are ride or die, also Mandy is worth it, then pointing out - boss, we ain't dead in the water, look in the corner, 2 championship winning 2022 spec Mustangs. How these were missed by the creditors chasing wages is beyond the team but WE ARE BACK BABY!

stripped down (pun intended) and streamed lined, the 2023 Shogun Autosport Mustang

[/size]

Since learning of the shenanigans that has befallen our sister team at R&K motorsport due to that buffoon Jack Smith, our team owner Helix has returned to corner to sob thinking about all the sleepless nights and lapdances it took to piece together the masterpiece that was our 1 and only Gen3 supercar.

stevo qld

Ecurie Escargot to change to Chevrolet.

We do not have the resources to build a car, so went shopping.

Our first choice, Citroen, is not homologated.

Our second choice, Mustang: Ford in America told us they were too slow and underpowered. Ford, in Australia are reluctant to provide parts.
Buit, mainly, none of the manufacturing Ford teams are prepared to sell a Mustang.

Although not our first choice, turnkey Chevrolet Gen 3 Supercars are being built and sold.

In the end, it was a choice of 1.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Kytabu

KRT launches 2023 Focus ST
The Kalyara Racing Team has launched its 2023 contender this afternoon. While the Focus ST racer looks much the same in terms of the bodywork, the team has dropped the old 5-litre V8 in favour of the turbocharged 2.3-litre EcoBoost engine as part of the new Gen3 regulations. Ford has provided valuable support during the development process and has stepped up to be the major partner of the team this season.

The livery is a tribute to the KRT's successful 2013 rFactor campaign, where team principal Kytabu won the Ausfactor V8Factor championship and the annual Outlaws Racing Bathurst endurance race. After a difficult V8CFL in 2022, the team now hopes to emulate its success from a decade ago with its new car.

"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

mikeamerica84

R&K Motorsports
HUGE Sandown Enduro Win!

Gorokan, NSW – A resounding win was achieved by R&K Motorsports this past weekend at Sandown.  Driver Jack Smith, paired with superior driver Jaxon Evans, brought the team up to second place overall on the 2023 V8CFL table, 82 points adrift of TAA Performance.

"What a win!" said Smith as he finished off the final stint of the race, notching the 34th win of the modern season for R&K Motorsports.

"I could not have done it without the help of Jaxon Evans," Smith added.

All in attendance immediately agreed on that one.

"Oh, heck," said Evans.  "I just wanted to uphold my part of the bargain and bring the car back in one piece after my stint."

"You should have stayed in the car longer, Jaxon!" shouted one fan from the crowd.

"Come drive for us next year, mate!" yelled another.

As good as the result was, and as popular as Evans became, he will not be available for the second enduro at Bathurst as he has a previous commitment overseas.

"Yes, I am sad to not be able to compete at the mountain.  It is the greatest track on the planet.  I am sure Mike and the brain trust at R&K Motorsports will come up with a quality driver for Jack here so he can clinch both enduros."

All eyes then turned towards Team Principal Mike, to hear his announcement on the upcoming Bathurst go.

"First off," started Mike.  "We are running a special livery for Bathurst, created by our good mate, Helix.  This whole deal came to fruition after our Sandown win.  We are going to be promoting the smash hit film Barbie!"

R&K uncovered their pink Super 2 Ford Mustang for the upcoming round as gasps filled the air. 

Young girls were screaming!

Imagine the Bathurst camping situation this year.

Trev and Kye might have a hard time blending in.

Mike then continued.  "With Jaxon unavailable, there was some concern.  However we were lucky enough to sign a late deal with a female driver to run with Jack.  This only seems fitting when you have a Barbie livery.

"Let me introduce our Bathurst co-driver, Renee Gracie!"

All men were now screaming. 

One bloke actually fainted.

"Do you think this is really a wise choice, Mike?  I mean..."  Asked one reporter in the crowd.

"Look," replied Mike.  "She is a professional driver.  She is a female.  So... she has a day job.  But she brought a whole suitcase full of money with her to 'help' the team.  It was a no brainer.  Let's give her a chance."

"Renee has a checkered past, but she is headed for a checkered finish."

We'll see you all at the mountain in a few weeks.

"Let's get to the mountain, Ken!  Jack Smith taught me everything about driving real fast!"

"I'M DEAD!"

Helix

haha clever move hiring Renee, I'm sure your merch truck will be swamped this next round and subscriptions are at an all-time high LOL.

mikeamerica84

R&K Motorsports
Back-to-Back Enduro Wins!

Gorokan, NSW – Prior to the running of the Bathurst 1000, R&K Motorsports was coming off of a gigantic win in the first enduro at Sandown.  With co-driver Jaxon Evans having an overseas commitment and being unavailable for the Bathurst Enduro, the team hired driver/actress Renee Gracie to pair up with main driver Jack Smith.

Many said this was simply a publicity stunt concocted by Team Principal Mike, but the move bore major fruit as the team took honors at The Mountain and won back-to-back enduros!

"Yeah," replied Mike.  "Renee definitely held up her end of the bargain.  That wasn't my concern.  My concern was could Jack hold HIS end up!"

The defending V8CFL Champ Smith was stellar in his performance.

"Having Renee to compare myself to, well..... that was like comparing apples to bananas," commenced Smith. 
"I knew I had to step forward and show the team that I could match her behind the wheel."

One reporter asked, "Jack!  Do you think you can match her on the big movie screen?"

Smith was blunt.  "No.  I get nervous when I am being watched."

Another reporter chimed in, "But Jack.  No one will be watching YOU!"

Chuckles filled the atmosphere.

Team Principal Mike then cut in.  "Okay, okay, boys.  Enough of that off-colour jocularity.  Let's keep this conversation professional with respect to racing.

"Our next goal is the championship in both the V8CFL and the Tournament.  We are in the Final Four and have a big matchup with T and A – uhhhh... I mean TAA Performance this weekend.  They are also atop the table."

The reporters then turned to Renee.

Although she claims to be ambidextrous, the lefty was quite popular at the driver autograph sessions as male fans brought some of her movie pictures.  No Barbie dolls were brought despite the one-off livery being a huge hit with the fans.

....and she appeared to be a tad worn out post race from the heat.

"What about you, Renee?  Are you going to try and find a ride in the V8CFL next season?"

"Well," she said while blushing like a schoolgirl, "Shogun Autosport might be hiring.  We'll see where Mr. Helix wants to go next season." 

"I do know if I co-drive again I am not going to try and jam my backside into a skinny seat again.  Jack has no butt, man.  It was like I was on a bicycle seat the whole time.  Up the mountain.  Across the top.  Down the mountain.  Being flung back and forth through the corners." 

With a wink she added, "My rear took a serious pounding!"

Chuckles once again filled the air.

"Okay.  Okay.  That's it for today," interjected Mike.  "She has irons in the fire for 2024.  Let's leave it at that."

"One last question," asked another reporter.   "How about at R&K, Mike?  Would you hire her for next year?"

"Well," started Mike scratching his jaw.  "That would depend on Jack's performance the next two rounds."

"What if he does not win the championship?"

"We'll probably fire him," returned Mike.

"What if he DOES win the championship?"

"We'll probably still fire him."

"What if he brings a bunch of money to the team to secure a ride for next year?"

"We'll take the money, THEN probably fire him."

Rumour has it the African Banana Bunch might be looking to get back into racing.

"A girl driver, eh?"

The newest crew member of R&K Motorsports – our good little mate, Elmer.

TheArrow

Developing Story
The Arrow Motorsport set to lose Mazda partnership, may change manufacturer for 2024.

Unconfirmed reports from The Arrow Motorsport headquarters are indicating that the perennial Mazda team may lose their support and relationship with Mazda. After 8 years with the Japanese manufacturer, their partnership was due to end at the end of 2023. Team manager TheArrow had made it clear that the team was forced to look elsewhere after reported plans for a rwd Mazda6 being launched in 2023 were shelved.

It is unclear which manufacturer the team may shift to and if it would be for the 2024 season, considering how late into the season this news is breaking.

More news to follow as it comes to hand.