News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2023 V8CFL - General Chat

Started by mikeamerica84, February 15, 2023, 01:30:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeamerica84

We'll open up the thread for the season's general chat, men.  All are always welcome to participate.

I would like to thank TheArrow for head manning the Media Centre once again.  If you need any help with liveries, just check the 2022 Media Centre as to who posted what and I am sure that "who" will lend a hand.  New templates, too.  :)

I am on holiday in Florida now watching dirt speedway Winter action.  In a bit, once I get back, we'll form the groups/templates for the 2023 campaign.  To ensure a fair comp, I have to consult with the V8CFL brain centre while doing so - and I do not mean my cat.  You will have plenty of time to choose your rosters. 

One thing for sure, now that the virus is no longer affecting world events, and we should have a solid 2023 calender, I am going to bring back the V8CFL Tournament.

Also, try and "recruit" some new members.  Not only for the V8CFL, but for the V8Central site in general.

I'll see you down the stretch.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

ignition

if i remember, i'll sign myself up for this year. thanks for your continued efforts mikey.

mikeamerica84

Quote from: ignition on February 15, 2023, 08:07:24 AM
if i remember, i'll sign myself up for this year. thanks for your continued efforts mikey.
I hope you come back, ig!  You are always welcome.

Kytabu

I'm hoping to use my wooden spoon from last year to dig myself up from the bottom of the table this year.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

formerlyHolden51

after a better season i would love to return!

mikeamerica84

Kye & fH51, I hope you both come back with guns a blazin' <-- Unfortunately that's an American term these days.

Just a quick update:  The V8CFL Bored Directors are close to finalizing the 2023 format.  SVG will be in the mix with the rest of the drivers and not doing a stand-alone tip like last year.  That actually worked out well when looking at the final Supercars results.  It was the brainchild of Kye.

I am now retired from my day job.  There will be little delay in publishing the results round by round this year.  It is just a matter of me getting the races through my *ahem* sources and subsequently watching them before I do any tallying.  If anyone is interested in this, PM me.

Once again I will devise a format/formula to prevent identical teams.  That might be the toughest thing to come up with.

We will have the Tournament again wherein you race another member mano o mano each round until the playoffs.  Something I have actually always been good at until it came "show time" where I always got creamed.  But that format will be dependent upon how many members we will have in the V8CFL this season.  And, as in year's past when the Tournament was active, the first round (Newcastle this year) will be bypassed.  This will give me time to create the formula for the season.  If I wanted to INCLUDE Newcastle I would have to cap the membership a week, or so, in advance of the round.  I am not going to do that.

Give me until this weekend/early next week and we will be ready to go.  This will give us 10-11-12 days to form teams/team rosters,

On a different note, a friend of mine on a different site has an F1 Comp going on this year.  Give it a look.  I posted on the F1 forum here about it. 

Enough rambling.  I'll let you get back to more important things now.  :)

Cheers.

mikeamerica84

The 2023 V8 Central Fantasy League is now open for business.

Tell your friends!

Tell your enemies!

Tell your relatives (whether friends OR enemies)!

Tell you neighbors!

mikeamerica84

A quick note - as always for the start of the year:

Team roster changes can be made without penalty up until the deadline prior to Round 1 at Newcastle.  After said deadline, no changes until Tassie wherein the changes will count.

skaifeman

Does anyone have a basic Camaro/Mustang livery template they'd be willing to share for the fantasy community?

I'd been using a ZB freebie from Penrite for a long time...
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

madbugger

The Bug Racing would like to advise that due to lack of sponsorship and motivation, they will once again not be competing.
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

mikeamerica84

Quote from: madbugger on February 28, 2023, 08:17:38 AM
The Bug Racing would like to advise that due to lack of sponsorship and motivation, they will once again not be competing.
Don't let that stop you.  Enter anyways.  SOMEONE has to finish last!  :)

TheArrow

Quote from: skaifeman on February 27, 2023, 04:06:14 PM
Does anyone have a basic Camaro/Mustang livery template they'd be willing to share for the fantasy community?

Unfortunately the Gen3 cars are basically the only two I don't have a template for

skaifeman

Quote from: TheArrow on February 28, 2023, 08:50:20 AM

Unfortunately the Gen3 cars are basically the only two I don't have a template for

No stress Arrow. I'll see if I can find something similar ala a GT3/4 template. Might be the easiest way.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

formerlyHolden51

Quote from: skaifeman on March 01, 2023, 10:28:47 AM
Quote from: TheArrow on February 28, 2023, 08:50:20 AM

No stress Arrow. I'll see if I can find something similar ala a GT3/4 template. Might be the easiest way.

https://motorsportgraphics.shop/product/2023-v8sc-gen-3-chevrolet-camaro-3d-livery-template-model/
https://motorsportgraphics.shop/product/2023-supercars-gen-3-ford-mustang-3d-livery-template-model/

3d models here of the GEN3 Cars, these were made in blender which is free :)

mikeamerica84

Commodores, Falcons, and pre-gen 3 are always welcome.  You can "update" to your newer models as time allows.  Nothing new in motorsport.  :)

I do like how you guys are helping each other out.