News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2023 V8CFL - General Chat

Started by mikeamerica84, February 15, 2023, 01:30:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helix

hell yeah ! good weekend for me, mostly because giz going out lol ill take it tho

ignition

Quote from: ignition on February 15, 2023, 08:07:24 AM
if i remember, i'll sign myself up for this year. thanks for your continued efforts mikey.

this didn't go well

mikeamerica84

Quote from: ignition on June 19, 2023, 09:51:31 AM
Quote from: ignition on February 15, 2023, 08:07:24 AM
if i remember, i'll sign myself up for this year. thanks for your continued efforts mikey.

this didn't go well
Oh well. 

At least the site is now back up.

With that, men, I am going to keeping tallying the scores for the V8CFL.  It is unfair to a point, though, wherein you could not change your rosters for quite some time prior to Hidden Valley.  I might amend some rules here this week due to that.

Results will be out sometime in the next few days.  The site coming back actually caught me by surprise.  A PLEASANT surprise but a surprise nonetheless! 

The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

mikeamerica84

Darwin Results will be out tomorrow.  Believe-it-or-not, even with the site down, I am behind on things.  Now that I am retired, you would not think so. 

mikeamerica84

I have the Hidden Valley Results tallied up, guys.  I am having a problem with the new fonts/formatting on the site post revision wherein I cannot get columns spaced apart properly.  I have a thread going on the General Chat for site users.  Hopefully someone can bail me out.

https://www.v8central.com/index.php?topic=398.0

But as for Hidden Valley:

Race 1 Podium:
1 TAA Performance / Jetpac013 / Ford Mustang V6 TT
2 The Arrow Motorsport / TheArrow / Mazda6
3 Ecurie Escargot / stevo qld / Chevrolet Camaro

Race 2 Podium:
1 Bump and Run Racing / Troy01505 / Chevrolet Camaro HSV ZL1
2 TAA Performance / Jetpac013 / Ford Mustang V6 TT
3 Ecurie Escargot / stevo qld / Chevrolet Camaro

Race 3 Podium:
1 Woftam Racing / Professor / Chevrolet Camaro
2 Super Seven Racing Aotearoa / formerlyHolden51 / Toyota Camry SX
3 Ain't Care Motorsports / skaifeman / Chevrolet Camaro

TAA Performance has taken the lead with a 1194 -1175 points spread over Bump and Run Racing.

When I can get this formatting figured out, I will be back.

mikeamerica84

Okay!  Hidden Valley Results are posted, both for the V8CFL and the V8CFL Tournament!  Took me awhile to figure out this new site.  Luckily I have nothing else to do and all day to do it.  :)

Some changes to the fonts/format will be noticeable.

Stewards Summary - penalties were issued during the races.  All time penalties.

Fastest lap awards:  Car 18, Car 25, Car 34 in Races 1, 2, and 3 respectively.  Five xtra points per.

The battle for first place is mega.  As Skaife would say, "It's on for young and old!".

See you all at Townsville next.

Feel free to start changing your rosters.

mikeamerica84

Rules with respect for roster changes have been amended.  The amending can be noted in the Rules thread.

mikeamerica84

Rosters are locked in for Townsville.  R&K Motorsports has the only change.  This is a two-race round, so no five point bonuses will be awarded for fastest laps.

Good luck to all. 

mikeamerica84

Townsville Results will be out soon.  I could not access the site all day yesterday (USA time).  Just having my morning coffee and then we will be a go.

mikeamerica84

Townsville Results are posted.  Buoyed by two third place finishes, TAA Performance still holds the lead with a 19 point advantage over Bump and Run Racing who scored a second place in Race 1.

Race 1 Podium:
1 Shogun Autosport / Helix / Ford Mustang
2 Bump and Run Racing / Troy01505 / Chevrolet Camaro HSV ZL1
3 TAA Performance / Jetpac013 / Ford Mustang V6 TT

Race 2 Podium:
1 Ecurie Escargot / steve qld / Chevrolet Camaro
2 Super Seven Racing Aotearoa / formerlyHolden51 / Toyota Camry SX
3 TAA Performance / Jetpac013 / Ford Mustang V6 TT

Tournament Results have been updated for Townsville and the matchups for SMP.

Speaking of which, see you all at SMP in a few.  Don't forget to exercise your options for roster changes.

mikeamerica84

Sydney Motorsports Park is on the docket for this weekend in the V8CFL.  Feel free to tweak your rosters prior to Thursday Midnight.  Looks like a two-race weekend.

Tournament play will be:

TAA Performance (5-0)       v.  Brazen Autosports (3-2)
Kalyara Racing Team (1-4)   v.  Woftam Racing (0-5)
Bump and Run Racing (4-1)   v.  Ain't Care Motorsports (3-2)
Shogun Autosport (3-2)      v.  Ecurie Escargot (4-1)
A1 SimSports (1-4)          v.  R&K Motorsports (3-2)
The Arrow Motorsport (1-4)  v.  Super Seven Racing Aotearoa (2-3)

mikeamerica84

The SMP deadline has passed.  All rosters are locked in.  There are no changed for this round.

Good luck to all, and enjoy.

mikeamerica84

Round 7 Results from SMP are posted.

Race 1 Podium:
1 R&K Motorsports / mikeamerica84 / Ford Mustang
2 TAA Performance / Jetpac013 / Ford Mustang V6 TT
3 Shogun Autosport / Helix / Ford Mustang

Race 2 Podium:
1 TAA Performance / Jetpac013 / Ford Mustang V6 TT
2 R&K Motorsports / mikeamerica84 / Ford Mustang
3 Ain't Care Motorsports / skaifeman / Chevrolet Camaro

TAA Performance still has a firm grip on the table as they opened the gap a bit after SMP.

It should be noted in the Stewards Summary that the 55 car received a 30 point team penalty in Race 18 (Race 1 for us).  This was essentially due to leaving 'tools' in the car when it left the garage to go to form up on the grid.  Because this penalty did not occur during the race, but beforehand, the V8CFL does not recognize this penalty as per our rules.

If one noted the current table/results earlier today, said penalty was reflected in the Round 7 Results.  However, I did go back and amend this issue and score the 55 car with their fully allotted point total without the penalty being imposed.  What is posted now is the correct posting.

Other than that issue, all other penalties associated with V8CFL scoring were issued during the races - time penalties.

Next up - Tailem Bend.

skaifeman

Thank's Mike.
I'm toying with making one change... we'll see.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

mikeamerica84

A quick re-tallying of the SMP results occurred due to me not realizing that Supercars was giving five points out in each race for the fastest lap.  This has changed since the onset of the season wherein th eextra points were only given for three-race rounds/supersprints.

In Race 1, SVG got the five.  In Race 2, Jack Smith got the five.  The latter does not matter for Jack is not on any roster for points, only as a tiebreaker.  SVG's extra five DID alter total point totals, but no positions were changed in either the V8CFL or the Tournament.  The only member who did NOT get the extra five from SVG was Shogun Autosport.  All other 11 camps have SVG on their rosters.

Thanks to skaifeman for pointing this out to me.