News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2023 V8CFL - General Chat

Started by mikeamerica84, February 15, 2023, 01:30:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeamerica84

The Gold Coast round is coming up soon.  Feel free to tweak your rosters.

It will also be the first round of the Tournament post-season.  Here are the two matchups:

TAA Performance (8-1)        v.  R&K Motorsports (6-3)
Ecurie Escargot (7-2)        v.  Bump and Run Racing (6-3)

Ironically, the first matchup is going to be a repeat of last round at Bathurst.  R&K Motorsports took honors.

In the second matchup, this is a repeat of TWO rounds ago at Sandown wherein Ecurie Escargot pipped Bump and Run Racing.

We'll see you all in the Fantasy garage!
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

mikeamerica84

Gold Coast deadline has come and gone.  Rosters are locked in.  Only Ain't Care Motorsports has made a change.

skaifeman

I just knew as soon as I went Mostert in for Waters I'd regret it :).
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

mikeamerica84

Well, skaifeman, you still pulled off a Race 2 podium!  You were the only GM product that had a podium this round.  Maybe the V8CFL parody adjustment went too far?  :D

With that, the Gold Coast Results are up.  TAA Performance is still at the top of the heap but Bump and Run Racing has moved into second place headed to the final round.

Race 1 Podium:
1 Brazen Autosports / Brazen / Ford Mustang
2 Kalyara Racing Team / Kytabu / Ford Focus ST
3 A1 SimSports / V8SuperRiley / Ford Mustang

Race 2 Podium:
1 Shogun Autosport / Helix / Ford Mustang
2 TAA Performance / Jetpac013 / Ford Mustang V6
3 Ain't Care Motorsports / skaifeman / Chevrolet Camaro

As for the Tournament, it will be TAA Performance racing against Bump and Run Racing for the trophy.  A battle of two Brock Division members.

No post-race penalties via the Stewards Summary.  All penalties were handed out as time penalties/drive throughs during the races.

mikeamerica84

The final round in Adelaide is approaching, gentlemen.  You have a couple of days to tweak your rosters one last time.  Give it a go!

mikeamerica84

Team rosters are locked in for the rest of 2023, men!  The Adelaide deadline has passed.

The following camps have made changes:

Woftam Racing
R&K Motorsports
Bump and Run Racing

TAA Performance and Bump and Run Racing will be battling it out for supremacy in both the V8CFL championship and the Tournament Championship.  R&K Motorsports has a way outside shot at the former...... but it is WAY outside.

Good luck to all!

mikeamerica84

End of the 2023 campaign, men!  Before we get into who placed where this round, let us congratulate out 2023 V8 Central Fantasy League Champion, Jetpac013 and his TAA Performance team!  A job well done - by 32 points over Troy01505 and his Bump and Run Racing gang.

In the Tournament, it came down to these two contenders, also.  However in THIS case, Bump and Run Racing came out ahead 1116-1077.  So, good job, Troy01505!

As for the two races this weekend, with Car 97 scoring no points in either race, it was a landslide in points for Shogun Autosport and Helix as they are the only camp w/o Car 97.

A thumbs-up to Kalyara Racing Team, also, for two runner-ups!

Race 1 podium:
3 The Arrow Motorsport / TheArrow / Mazda6

Race 2 podium:
3 A1 SimSports / V8SuperRiley / Ford Mustang

Thanks for your participation in 2023!  I hope to see all of you, and MORE, at Bathurst come Round 1 of 2024!

skaifeman

Shame to have not taken a win! :o

Thanks again for running it Mike, with the usual gusto that we've all come to expect!
Looking forward to next year already - maybe I'll get a livery up and running.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

TheArrow

Thoughts on a livery of the year comp? It seems to get less and less interest each season and I don't think there were many liveries this year. But I'm happy to run one if the majority want it.

mikeamerica84

Quote from: TheArrow on November 29, 2023, 02:35:10 PMThoughts on a livery of the year comp? It seems to get less and less interest each season and I don't think there were many liveries this year. But I'm happy to run one if the majority want it.
I'm all for it, sir.  If there are few liveries, so be it.