News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2023 V8CFL - General Chat

Started by mikeamerica84, February 15, 2023, 01:30:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeamerica84

Less than a week to go!  Time to get onboard before the ship leaves port for Newcastle - Home of TheArrow's Mum!
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Professor

If there ends up being an odd number of entries etc. I am happy to stand aside from any one-on-one match ups or whatever is needed.

mikeamerica84

Quote from: Professor on March 05, 2023, 09:40:26 AM
If there ends up being an odd number of entries etc. I am happy to stand aside from any one-on-one match ups or whatever is needed.
Thank you for the offer.  We will see where it all shakes out.  With BYES and various formulas I am not too concerned that we cannot go as a whole group.  I think it will play out just fine.

As the V8CFL has been noted for years to have a number of odd members, I try not to confuse it with having an odd number of members.  :)

mikeamerica84

Less than 48 hours to go to sign up.  Last chance.

skaifeman

For the sake of cleanliness, you can remove the "ZL1 1LE" from my manufacturer/make in the current/approved teams table.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

mikeamerica84

Quote from: skaifeman on March 09, 2023, 08:52:54 AM
For the sake of cleanliness, you can remove the "ZL1 1LE" from my manufacturer/make in the current/approved teams table.
We are now clean(er).

mikeamerica84

As we are now getting down to the brass tacks, I just wanted to let all of you that I have created V8CFL Tournament schedules for 12, 13 and 14 members. 

If we get 13 members, there will be BYE weeks at times.  Everyone will have at least one.  There will be one table/division of 13.

For 12 members, there will be two divisions of six.  14 members, two divisions of seven.  In either case, you will race everyone in your division once.

The last two rounds will be the playoff/knockout rounds.  Four members advancing.

Schedules are pre-made and every member will be assigned a number for the applicable schedules.  1 through 12, 1 though 13, 1 through 14, etc.  The number you will receive is based on how you finish at Newcastle.  If you are the leader coming out, you will be 1 for the 2023 V8CFL Tournament schedule.  If you are second you will be number 2.  And so on.

See you after midnight.  :)

mikeamerica84

Now that the deadline for signing up has passed, here is how the 2023 V8CFL Tournament will play out:

The Newcastle Round will not be part of the 2023 V8CFL Tournament.  However, based upon your Round 1 finish at Newcastle your team will be assigned a number for scheduling purposes.  Number 1 through 12.  Wherever you stand on the table post Newcastle, that will be your number.  1st-1, 3rd-3, 10th-10, etc.

The twelve teams will be broken down into two divisions of six.  Each team will race every team in their division once - a total of five races.  There will be four cross-division races, bringing the total to nine.  The last two rounds of the year will be the post-season wherein the Top 2 teams in each division will advance to the Knockout Rounds.

Tiebreakers:
1 - Best W-L record
2 - Greatest margin of any victory points-wise
3 - Second greatest margin of victory points -wise (and so on)

The schedule will be as follows:

Brock Division

Johnson Division

1 – Newcastle:
N/A

2 - AGP:
1-8
2-9
3-10
4-11
5-12
6-7

3 - Barbagallo:
1-6
2-5
3-4
7-12
8-11
9-10

4 - Symmons Plains:
1-3
2-6
4-5
7-9
8-12
10-11

5 - Hidden Valley:
1-2
3-5
4-6
7-8
9-11
10-12

6 - Townsville:
1-12
2-7
3-8
4-9
5-10
6-11

7 - Sydney Motorsport Park:
1-5
2-4
3-6
7-11
8-10
9-12

8 - The Bend Motorsport Park:
1-4
2-3
5-6
7-10
8-9
11-12

9 - Sandown:
1-9
2-10
3-11
4-12
5-7
6-8

10 - Bathurst:
1-10
2-8
3-9
4-7
5-11
6-12

11 - Gold Coast – Playoff Round:
Brock First Place v. Johnson Second Place
Brock Second Place v. Johnson First Place

12 – Adelaide – Championship Round:
Two Remaining Teams

mikeamerica84

An update:  I have Saturday now under my belt.  I'll get through Sunday today.  I am about 14 hours behind you guys.  Results will be out w/i 12 hours.

mikeamerica84

Newcastle Results are up.  Now reaize they are up with reserve for more than one reason.

1 - Red Bull Racing has an appeal with respect to being excluded from Race 1.  If that appeal results in overturing the race results, the results will obviously change.

2 - I cannot find a Stewards Summary at this time.  I think we are fine, but you never know.  Hopefully camsjac.com will have it posted soon.

As for the V8CFL right now....

Race 1 Podium:
1 A1SimSports / V8SuperRiley / Ford Mustang
2 Woftam Racing / Professor / Chevrolet Camaro
3 Brazen Autosports / Brazen / Ford Mustang

Race 2 Podium:
1 Kalyara Racing Team / Kytabu / Ford Focus ST
2 Bump and Run Racing / Troy01505 / Chevrolet Camaro HSV ZL1
3 TAA Performance / Jetpac013 / Ford Mustang V6 TT

TAA Performance sits atop the table after Round 1.

I will commence the V8CFL Tournament thread tomorrow to lay out the teams, divisions, and schedule.

Nice racing with you this weekend, men!

mikeamerica84

Now that it is Monday, there seems to be a HUGE difference in the finishing positions of Race 1 when comparing supercars.com and racing.natsoft.com.  The Supercars site massively changed their results.

There is some monkey business going on with the Supercars website.

I am going to look into this further, but I think the Natsoft results are more accurate.  For example, Slade was WAY down the order.  Supercars had him finishing 16th.  There is no way there were SEVEN non-classified cars.

https://www.supercars.com/sessions/2019-coates-hire-newcastle-500-2/virgin-australia-supercars-championship-race-1/

http://racing.natsoft.com.au/639463104/object_834561.81U/Result?20

Supercars:

13 Golding
14 Jones
15 Hill
16 Slade
17 Fraser (NC)
18 Hazelwood (NC)
19 Fullwood (NC)
20 De Pasquale (NC)
21 Randle (NC)
22 Smith (NC)
23 Percat (NC)
SVG, Feeney DSQ

Natsoft:

13 Fraser
14 Payne
15 Fullwood
16 De Pasquale
17 Randle
18 Golding
19 Jones
20 Hill
21 Smith
22 Slade
23 Percat (NC)
SVG, Feeney DSQ

To be continued.

Kytabu

NatSoft is correct. They initially had the same NC glitch where every car with a race time over two hours was listed as not classified. They fixed this at some point on Sunday but obviously Supercars never fixed their site.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

mikeamerica84

Quote from: Kytabu on March 14, 2023, 10:20:27 AM
NatSoft is correct. They initially had the same NC glitch where every car with a race time over two hours was listed as not classified. They fixed this at some point on Sunday but obviously Supercars never fixed their site.
Thanks, Kye. 

Recalculation will begin.  This will also affect the Tournament schedule.

mikeamerica84

Recalculation of Round 1 has been completed.  The updated results:

Race 1 Podium:
1 Brazen Autosports / Brazen / Ford Mustang
2 Shogun Autosport / Helix / Ford Mustang
3 Woftam Racing / Professor / Chevrolet Camaro

Race 2 Podium:
1 Kalyara Racing Team / Kytabu / Ford Focus ST
2 Bump and Run Racing / Troy01505 / Chevrolet Camaro HSV ZL1
3 TAA Performance / Jetpac013 / Ford Mustang V6 TT

Congrats to Brazen Autosports for winning their maiden run!  TAA Performance is still atop the table.

The short scoop on what happened:  The Race 1 Results from www.supercars.com was grossly incorrect.  The proper results were noted by Natsoft.  http://racing.natsoft.com.au/results/#2

Thank you for your understanding.  My shortcoming was believing the Supercars website had accuracy.

Helix

haha it looks like with our current teams until the first change window is available myself and brazen will be win it or bin it lol