News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2023 V8CFL - General Chat

Started by mikeamerica84, February 15, 2023, 01:30:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeamerica84

Quote from: Helix on March 15, 2023, 11:00:13 AM
haha it looks like with our current teams until the first change window is available myself and brazen will be win it or bin it lol
You'd be surprised how often that occurs, Helix.  I have first hand knowledge of it for I tally the points.  You get a couple of teams "outside of the box".  If the race goes their way, they are long gone.  If the next one does not, they are tail gunners.

Like they have always said in basketball:  If you live by the jumper, you die by the jumper.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Brazen

Well I won Race 1 at new castle but will that still be true after 888's appeal?

mikeamerica84

Quote from: Brazen on March 17, 2023, 09:33:17 PM
Well I won Race 1 at new castle but will that still be true after 888's appeal?
I haven't calculated for the reversal of the penalties.  I can do that and get back here later.  I do not think your win will stand for you do not have the 88 car, but then again, I do not think their appeal will overthrow the verdict.

I am tipping that you will be fine, sir.  :)

mikeamerica84

As for recalculating Newcastle Race 1 scores, there is no need.

I have added the rules of the 2023 V8CFL Tournament to the Tournament thread.  They are pretty simple.  Mostly the tiebreaking formulas for both rounds and the season.  Just remember, there is only one WIN and one LOSS per round.  Individual races are for points but the overall round score is what counts.

Something to watch each round is how your team matches up with the team you are racing.  I will do this only once, and this is for the AGP.  Eight cars are scored in the V8CFL.  No teams racing against each other this round have the identical eight cars.  Here are the team differences in each matchup:

TAA Performance: 88, 99, 18, 14
A1 SimSports:  8, 26, 5, 3

Kalyara Racing Team:  26, 9, 20, 55
The Arrow Motorsport:  8, 5, 18, 3

Bump and Run Racing:  20, 55
R&K Motorsports:  5, 3

Woftam Racing:  25, 8, 26, 5, 18, 3, 34
Ecurie Escargot:  17, 88, 99, 9, 20, 31, 55

Brazen Autosport:  6, 99, 3
Super Seven Racing Aotearoa:  17, 88, 31

Ain't Care Motorsports:  97, 3, 31
Shogun Autosport:  17, 14, 55

So, the easiest way to decipher this is Bump and Run Racing v. R&K Motorsports.  Bump and Run Racing has the 20 and 55 cars whereas R&K Motorsports has the 5 and 3 cars as the differences.  Hence, the former will be pulling for the 20 car to best the 5 car, and the 55 car to best the 3 car.  The latter will pulling in the opposite direction.  This matchup only has a two car difference.

Now if you look at Woftam Racing v. Ecurie Escargot, there is a SEVEN car difference.  Many more variables.

You can look at your camp and see what you are up against this round.  Four races.  One final points tally for the WIN or LOSS.  Rosters are locked in per the V8CFL rules.  I am excited that the Tournament js back.

mikeamerica84

AGP Results are posted, men. 

Bump and Run Racing stole the show with THREE wins & four podiums!

In the Tournament, the Brock Division nearly aced the Johnson Division, beating them 5-1!

Race 1 podium:
1  Bump and Run Racing / Troy01505 / Chevrolet Camaro HSV ZL1
2  TAA Performance / Jetpac013 / Ford Mustang V6 TT
3  R&K Motorsports / mikeamerica84 / Ford Mustang

Race 2 podium:
2  TAA Performance / Jetpac013 / Ford Mustang V6 TT
3  Ecurie Escargot / stevo qld / Chevrolet Camaro

Race 3 podium:
2  Ecurie Escargot / stevo qld / Chevrolet Camaro
3  Brazen Autosports / Brazen / Ford Mustang

Race 4 podium:
1  Ecurie Escargot / stevo qld / Chevrolet Camaro
2  Ain't Care Motorsports / skaifeman / Chevrolet Camaro
3  Bump and Run Racing / Troy01505 / Chevrolet Camaro HSV ZL1

All penalties are listed in the Stewards Summary. 

Fast Lap Bonus Point (5) were:

Race 1 - Car 88
Race 2 - NA
Race 3 - Car 97
Race 4 - Car 88

In Race 2 the 20 Car had the fastest lap but failed to finish in the Top 15.

Next up - Barbagallo.

mikeamerica84

Okay, gents.  The wait is nearly over for the V8CFL to get back into action.  Barbagallo is up this weekend.  Three races, all with points for the fastest lap(s).

Anyone out there in WA going?

After this round, the gates will be open to allow for team roster changes.  As of right now, Jetpac013 has some in the que.

We are all chasing Troy01505 and Bump and Run Racing.  Will their Chevrolet Camaro HSV ZL1 falter this round or continue to hammer us fellow competitors?  We shall find out in a few days.

As for the Tournament, it will be Race 2 for all as half of us will try to come up to even stakes in the W-L column:

Round 3 Matchups - Barbagallo:

TAA Performance (1-0)         v.  Ain't Care Motorsports (1-0)
Brazen Autosports (1-0)       v.  Kalyara Racing Team (1-0)
Bump and Run Racing (1-0)     v.  Woftam Racing (0-1)
Ecurie Escargot (1-0)         v.  A1 SimSports (0-1)
Shogun Autosport (0-1)        v.  Super Seven Racing Aotearoa (0-1)
The Arrow Motorsport (0-1)    v.  R&K Motorsports (0-1)

Other than that, I am sure that with F1 in Baku this weekend, many a fan there will be glued to the V8CFL to see what happens as our Balance of Performance formula is soon to be the measuring stick of all forms of motorsport worldwide.

Until then, I will watch the dismal drizzling rain outside my window here at V8CFL Headquarters.  It is supposed to subside by nightfall. 

At least I can blow off mowing the lawn today.   8)

mikeamerica84

A quick note about the timeline for Perth Results:  Lots of motorsport action this weekend, gents.  Supercars, Super 2, Utes, F1, F2, IndyCars, Indy Lights, TCR World Tour, etc.  Supercars will be the priority.  Look for the results sometime real late Monday evening or early Tuesday Morning - your time.

skaifeman

Busy man Mike. Living the life.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

mikeamerica84

Quote from: skaifeman on May 01, 2023, 09:21:47 AM
Busy man Mike. Living the life.
Bored more like it.

Anyways, the Wanneroo Results are up.  I do not wish to pat myself on the back, but R&K Motorsports and mikeamerica84 swept all three races, believe-it-or-not.  Bump and Run Racing and Troy01505 still sits atop the table but the margin has shrunk a tad.

Race 1 Podium:
1 R&K Motorsports / mikeamerica84 / Ford Mustang
2 Woftam Racing / Professor / Chevrolet Camaro
3 Brazen Autosports / Brazen / Ford Mustang

Race 2 Podium:
2 Brazen Autosports / Brazen / Ford Mustang
3 A1 SimSports / V8SuperRiley / Ford Mustang

Race 3 Podium:
2 TAA Performance / Jetpac013 / Ford Mustang V6 TT
3 Bump and Run Racing / Troy 01505 / Chevrolet Camaro HSV ZL1

The Tournament has also been updated.

As for the Stewards Summary, I currently cannot find anything for Race 3 (Race 9 of the Supercars season).  I will continue to look over the next few days and adjust if necessary.

Necessary?  The 55 car of Thomas Randle was Not Classified in Race 3 at Wanneroo.  I am wondering why.  He completed >75% of the laps.  Perhaps there was another post-race issue?  The Supercars website has his season points updated/totaled with zero points for said race.  If it is in error, the 55 car will receive 20 points (last place) and I will adjust all tallies appropriately.

Fastest laps for five extra points:  Race 1 Car 3.  Race 2 Car 31.  Race 3 Car 88.

I will keep my ear to the ground with respect to the aforementioned outstanding issues.  Until then....

Helix

wow i had an incredibly horrific weekend lol, Mike is the king of the west by the look of it, congrats mate, i cant wait to make some changes lol

mikeamerica84

Quote from: Helix on May 02, 2023, 05:28:29 PM
wow i had an incredibly horrific weekend lol, Mike is the king of the west by the look of it, congrats mate, i cant wait to make some changes lol
It all comes down to who falls on their swords in each round.  This weekend: Andre & both of Charlie's cars.

mikeamerica84

Thank god the site is back up and running!

Only a day, or so, before the deadline for Symmons Plains roster changes.

mikeamerica84

The deadline for Tassie roster changes has come and gone.  The site being down might have had a say in this, but I hate to say it is what it is.

TAA Performance, Shogun Autosport, Ain't Care Motorsports, and The Arrow Motorsport have all had their rosters updated.

Good luck to all as we shine on in the V8CFL!

mikeamerica84

The Tassie Results are posted, men.  We have three new winners for the season! 

Race 1 Podium:
1 A1 SimSports / V8SuperRiley / Ford Mustang
2 Brazen Autosports / Brazen / Ford Mustang
3 Super Seven Racing Aotearoa / formerlyHolden51 / Toyota Camry SX

Race 2 Podium:
1 Shogun Autosport / Helix / Ford Mustang
2 Ain't Care Motorsports / skaifeman / Chevrolet Camaro
3 TAA Performance / Jetpac013 / Ford Mustang V6 TT

Race 3 Podium:
1 TAA Performance / Jetpac013 / Ford Mustang V6 TT
2 Bump and Run Racing / Troy01505 / Chevrolet Camaro HSV ZL1
3 Shogun Autosport / Helix / Ford Mustang

Bump and Run Racing still holds serve with respect to the table. 

As for fastest laps and the extra five points per race, it was the 6 Car, 17 Car, and 6 Car respectively in the three races.

As for the Stewards Summary, there was a post race penalty to levied on the 3 Car in Race 3.  A deduction of 30 points due to a pit lane violation.  The V8CFL recognizes this penalty and Car 3 received 0 (zero) points in Race 3.  Car 4 also received a penalty of the same sort in Race 1, but said car is only in the tiebreakers group and the penalty did not affect any outcome for us.

Next up - we are going to the top at Hidden Valley.  Feel free to make those roster changes.  Remember, only one change per round this year.

Jetpac013

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on May 23, 2023, 07:48:45 AM
Bump and Run Racing still holds serve with respect to the table. 

Only 19 points in it  ;)

Finally got a race win too  ;D