News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Round 1 - Newcastle Spoliers

Started by mikeamerica84, March 08, 2023, 02:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevo qld

Quote from: AlbertM on March 23, 2023, 10:11:49 AM
Quote from: stevo qld on March 22, 2023, 11:34:52 PM
I feel that 888, in the future, will be reluctant to converse with Adrian Burgess on any point.

Certainly, as with other teams, such as Erebus, they will demand any statement from Adrian be in writing. Personally, I still favour Police style Body cameras and recorders.

In a way, I feel sad for the drivers as the fault was attributed to actions by the team, but history has many car disqualifications affecting innocent drivers.

888 are the Camaro homologation team. They will have no choice talking to Burgess.

They admitted they assumed that Burgess gave them the go ahead. They assumed wrong. In this case body cameras and recording devices would be detrimental to 888.

I suggest that body cameras would be used by the team to ensure that they had, or did not have, permission PRIOR to the race.

Another point: Does Adrian actually have, or not have, the authority to make any changes to the car specification, if contrary to the published rules?
If he does not, this should be made clear to the teams.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

AlbertM

Burgess denies giving 888 approval. 888 assumed Burgess gave the approval.  888 are in the wrong, no matter how you slice it.

Stupid thing is both parties agree on what was said during that inspection.  Only 888 are turning into something that never happened.
Ford Faithful

Joe5619

Quote from: stevo qld on March 23, 2023, 10:59:25 AM
Quote from: AlbertM on March 23, 2023, 10:11:49 AM
Quote from: stevo qld on March 22, 2023, 11:34:52 PM
I feel that 888, in the future, will be reluctant to converse with Adrian Burgess on any point.

Certainly, as with other teams, such as Erebus, they will demand any statement from Adrian be in writing. Personally, I still favour Police style Body cameras and recorders.

In a way, I feel sad for the drivers as the fault was attributed to actions by the team, but history has many car disqualifications affecting innocent drivers.

888 are the Camaro homologation team. They will have no choice talking to Burgess.

They admitted they assumed that Burgess gave them the go ahead. They assumed wrong. In this case body cameras and recording devices would be detrimental to 888.

I suggest that body cameras would be used by the team to ensure that they had, or did not have, permission PRIOR to the race.

Another point: Does Adrian actually have, or not have, the authority to make any changes to the car specification, if contrary to the published rules?
It's called writing.. I don't understand why people don't understand this.. We don't need body cam, we need writing..

And I guarantee the rules will be changed to say everything needs to be done in writing!

murph_fan51

Quote from: madbugger on March 23, 2023, 08:07:46 AM
Quote from: fordman on March 23, 2023, 07:27:22 AM
T8 lost their appeal results stand

As they should
T8 were never going to win. Otherwise Supercars would end up with egg on their face.
debris debris debris

AlbertM

Quote from: murph_fan51 on March 24, 2023, 05:01:35 PM
Quote from: madbugger on March 23, 2023, 08:07:46 AM
Quote from: fordman on March 23, 2023, 07:27:22 AM
T8 lost their appeal results stand

As they should
T8 were never going to win. Otherwise Supercars would end up with egg on their face.

Had the same thoughts, however...

https://www.speedcafe.com/2023/03/24/revealed-why-triple-eight-appeal-was-dismissed/

888 was never going to win because 888's only defense was found to be irrelevant. $10k down the toilet.
Ford Faithful

stevo qld

Quote from: stevo qld on March 23, 2023, 10:59:25 AM

QuoteAmong the notable points is that the three-person panel hearing the appeal (Walter Sofronoff KC, Steve Chopping and Ross Jackson) determined that Supercars Head of Motorsport Adrian Burgess "has no authority to give an informal waiver of a rule to one competitor,"

Now we know.

Even if in writing, Adrian does not have that authority.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2023/03/24/revealed-why-triple-eight-appeal-was-dismissed/
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

djr18fan

The loss of 888's appeal must shock those who claim 888 bias from officialdom. Oh well, they'll have another conspiracy theory to explain it.

LG

The Appeals Board's thinking and deductions are well laid out in that Speedcafe article.

Troy01505

Triple 8 broke the rules correcting a WHS issue in the car.

It is widely known across the paddock that many cars were not raced 100% to the regulations due to Supercars incompetence in having the rules and regulations on the new cars avaiywithin a timeframe to allow teams to comply.

Problem is that teams were given permission for the non performance gaining discrepancies,

Triple 8 required a penalty but not sure disqualification suits the crime.

Hopefully from here on end this is consistent and any team caught out faces disqualification from the race for non performance improving breaches.

I believe it should now be exclusion from the entire event for any performance gaming breach whether it be in practice or race.

LG

Quote from: Troy01505 on March 25, 2023, 09:01:14 AM

It is widely known across the paddock that many cars were not raced 100% to the regulations due to Supercars incompetence in having the rules and regulations on the new cars avaiywithin a timeframe to allow teams to comply.

Problem is that teams were given permission for the non performance gaining discrepancies,

Hopefully from here on end this is consistent and any team caught out faces disqualification from the race for non performance improving breaches.

I believe it should now be exclusion from the entire event for any performance gaming breach whether it be in practice or race.

888 broke the rules full stop.
The standard punishment for breaking the rules they did is disqualification from the race.

I take it you haven't read the official outcome and reasonings otherwise you wouldn't be posting dribble.

AlbertM

Quote from: Troy01505 on March 25, 2023, 09:01:14 AM

That was Duttons defence too. Funny how the other teams inspected were not penalised for these phantom non compliances.
Ford Faithful

AlbertM

Quote from: djr18fan on March 25, 2023, 05:26:06 AM
The loss of 888's appeal must shock those who claim 888 bias from officialdom. Oh well, they'll have another conspiracy theory to explain it.

Yeah exactly. How many other tech breaches have 888 got away with because Burgess said it was OK.  8)
Ford Faithful

murph_fan51

Well,

I can't remember the last time there was no single T8 or DJR car in the top 10 of championship??

Who would've predicted that!
debris debris debris

Bloopy

Shane's 10th now so I guess you just mean after race 1. 2004 looks like the last time it happened, with Steven Johnson climbing to 10th during the year after a crappy Adelaide.

murph_fan51

Quote from: Bloopy on March 25, 2023, 02:07:08 PM
Shane's 10th now so I guess you just mean after race 1. 2004 looks like the last time it happened, with Steven Johnson climbing to 10th during the year after a crappy Adelaide.
Supercars website show SVG in 11th (but equal in points with Pye so 10th equal?).

But yes thought it would have been many many years ago.
debris debris debris