News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Round 1 - Newcastle Spoliers

Started by mikeamerica84, March 08, 2023, 02:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe5619

Good on Supercars for using balls & doing the right thing.. Hopefully they keep it during any appeal.

fordman

Again three years in the making and they cannot get the position of the cooling system sorted, surely this would have been found during scrutineering? or did they change it afterwards??? if so makes it worse [ deliberate]

skaifeman

Rules are rules regardless of its performance gain. Fair play.

888 claiming they sought permission, and it was granted prior to Race 1. There'll be a little more to this.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Troy01505

How dare they cool their drivers in a way they were given permission prior to the race.

Maybe they should have radio's through "debris, debris, debris" prior to adding the dry ice.

Joe5619

Quote from: Troy01505 on March 12, 2023, 10:18:20 AM
How dare they cool their drivers in a way they were given permission prior to the race.

Maybe they should have radio's through "debris, debris, debris" prior to adding the dry ice.
So me the paper work!!!!!!!!!!

The thing that pisses me off, is I've heard both Shaife & Neil say their eyebrows raised in the race when they saw it, yet neither of them said a word! Why?

stp01

They won't win the appeal. The stewards seem to think Dutton and Burgess spoke the truth, but they had different understandings of the conversation. They won't overturn Burgess.

Stewards findings from https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/triple-eight-duo-disqualified-waters-inherits-win/

Firstly, the Respondent submitted that it considered that permission had been granted by the HOM to install the systems in its Cars during a discussion on Thursday 9 March between its Authorised Representative and the HOM. Mr Dutton said that discussion happened in its Pit Garage when the HOM came to inspect its Cars in relation to other matters that the Respondent had been in discussions with the HOM about. This is in the context that the Respondent is the homologation team for the Chevrolet Camaro and that the 2023 model Cars were until shortly before the Event started still in the homologation phase and designs of some systems in Cars were being negotiated.

The HOM confirmed that he did attend the Respondent's Pit Garage on Thursday. He said the primary purposes for his attendance there was to inspect the modifications the Respondent had made to its Cars which had been the subject of the prior discussions with the Respondent. These modifications did not anyway relate to the systems that are now in issue. He acknowledged that during his inspection, Mr Dutton made some reference to Driver Cooling systems and showed him some tubing, which he inspected. However, the HOM stated that while he did this, he did not grant permission to the Respondent to install and use the systems in exception to the Rules and that if Mr Dutton thought otherwise, then he was mistaken.

The Stewards find that the HOM did not grant his permission to the Respondent to install the systems. We find that there was a misunderstanding between the HOM and Mr Dutton as to the purpose of their discussions on 9 March as it related to the systems in issue. It is important to record here that the Stewards find both the HOM and Mr Dutton's evidence about this issue as genuine and credible. We accept that there was a miscommunication error as between them. However, the onus is on the Respondent to establish the systems are in accordance with the Rules and we find that they have not satisfied us that is the case.

Interesting that Dutton claims the rulebook isn't even complete yet though. It is indeed a circus.
Triple Eight and Holden
2022 Supercars Drivers Champion
2022 Supercars Teams Champion
2022 Supercars Manufacturers Champion
2022 Super2 Drivers Champion

stevo qld

Shame on 888 for being concerned for driver health and safety.

What next? (with a bit of tongue in cheek)

At least two drivers, Brown and Reynolds, were arguably not in a fit state to drive by the last laps of the race. Should they have been pulled into the pits by their teams when distress became evident? It has been done before.

Some or all of the Mustangs raced with temporary dashboards. Should they be protested and disqualified for running non-homologated cars?

According to the TV talking heads, some teams were using modified wheel nuts. Should they be protested and disqualified for safety concerns?

OH&S matters, such as a safe work environment could be referred to Worksafe Australia.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Supercars13

Quite a shock. Of course they will appeal and we'll see what happens.

First time a driver has been disqualified from a race podium place since Whincup at Eastern Creek 2007. Ambrose is the last to have been disqualified from a win and then given the place back under appeal for Queensland 2004.

After yesterday I'm hoping for more excitement with the race today.

stevo qld

I can see the use of police style body cams and recorders being used in any discussion with Adrian Burgess and other Supercars officials.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

murph_fan51

Quote from: stevo qld on March 12, 2023, 11:42:28 AM
I can see the use of police style body cams and recorders being used in any discussion with Adrian Burgess and other Supercars officials.
A simple "get it in writing" should have applied here, T8 took a risk and unfortunately lost out.
debris debris debris

AlbertM

Burgess said it was a "good idea". Dutton took that as permission to go ahead and use it. That is Duttons story. That is a own goal if ever there was one.

Quote from: Troy01505 on March 12, 2023, 10:18:20 AM

They weren't granted permission. If you want to relate it to the events of Bathurst 2019. They should be fined $250k on top of being excluded.
Ford Faithful

mikeamerica84

Wow. 

And I was worried about the fans on the balconies outside of Turn 8 being disqualified - had they shown up.  No one was present!

I did notice other many balconies loaded with fans.

Does anyone remember years back when they had to throw the caution for a Holden flag being thrown onto the track?  Winton maybe?  Nothing is preventing many fans from throwing a half slab onto the track to cause a yellow.  Maybe I am thinking outside of the box....

Looking forward to Sunday and the action I am.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

stp01

Quote from: AlbertM on March 12, 2023, 12:02:31 PM
They weren't granted permission. If you want to relate it to the events of Bathurst 2019. They should be fined $250k on top of being excluded.
One was a breach of the technical rules, the other a breach of the 2019 ISC (Code of Good Conduct). Not the same thing.

Triple Eight and Holden
2022 Supercars Drivers Champion
2022 Supercars Teams Champion
2022 Supercars Manufacturers Champion
2022 Super2 Drivers Champion

Joe5619

Quote from: stevo qld on March 12, 2023, 10:41:02 AM

Shame on 888 for being concerned for driver health and safety.

What next? (with a bit of tongue in cheek)

At least two drivers, Brown and Reynolds, were arguably not in a fit state to drive by the last laps of the race. Should they have been pulled into the pits by their teams when distress became evident? It has been done before.

Some or all of the Mustangs raced with temporary dashboards. Should they be protested and disqualified for running non-homologated cars?

According to the TV talking heads, some teams were using modified wheel nuts. Should they be protested and disqualified for safety concerns?

OH&S matters, such as a safe work environment could be referred to Worksafe Australia.
I would have thought putting a box in an area designed as "space" for side impact is very dangerous.  For safety reaosns alone, they should't have put that box there.

Quote from: stevo qld on March 12, 2023, 11:42:28 AM
It's called writing!!

Joe5619

And who have Courtney in the pool?   :) :) :) :) :)