News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Round 1 - Newcastle Spoliers

Started by mikeamerica84, March 08, 2023, 02:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy01505

Quote from: AlbertM on March 17, 2023, 02:24:45 AM
Quote from: stevo qld on March 16, 2023, 07:23:54 PM
Quote from: AlbertM on March 16, 2023, 06:49:38 PM
Should 888 win. Burgess reputation is in the gutter, Open season on teams breaching tech regulations, without fear of losing race results*. Supercars can't rein in a team for a clear breach.

*= Be interesting to how many who complained DJRTP "bought and Bathurst win" support 888.

One advantage of aging is that I remember details of racing 40 to 60 years ago but can't recall the DJYTP incident. A good thing.

Back to the then future: One thing I can't understand is that Burgess looked into the car. Even if he didn't approve the cooling unit (as he testified), he didn't tell them that it was incorrect. Surely that would indicate a suppressed level of awareness for someone who is apparently able to approve changes on the trot or disallow changes.

Barry, from Erebus is right. Get it in writing. I still favour the body cam and I would add security type cameras in the garages, for protection.

It's not Burgess' responsibility that the cars are compliant.  It was 888's mistake to assume it was allowed despite AB saying he likes the idea. Even if the conversation was recorded, 888 would still be in breach. Both 888 and Burgess agree that an exemption was not given. 888 defence is that Burgess didn't say it was not allowed.

To avoid any confusion, Burgess should have stated "great idea, we can only allow it to run if cameras don't catch ya filling it or scream debris, debris, debris prior to topping up"

skaifeman

One does wonder if they ever would've picked up on it in parc ferme had Tickford/WAU not made their appeal.
Was the protest made before the parc ferme was finished?
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

LG

Should 888 win. Burgess reputation is in the gutter, Open season on teams breaching tech regulations, without fear of losing race results*. Supercars can't rein in a team for a clear breach.

*= Be interesting to how many who complained DJRTP "bought and Bathurst win" support 888.

One advantage of aging is that I remember details of racing 40 to 60 years ago but can't recall the DJYTP incident. A good thing.

Back to the then future: One thing I can't understand is that Burgess looked into the car. Even if he didn't approve the cooling unit (as he testified), he didn't tell them that it was incorrect. Surely that would indicate a suppressed level of awareness for someone who is apparently able to approve changes on the trot or disallow changes.

Barry, from Erebus is right. Get it in writing. I still favour the body cam and I would add security type cameras in the garages, for protection.

It's not Burgess' responsibility that the cars are compliant.  It was 888's mistake to assume it was allowed despite AB saying he likes the idea. Even if the conversation was recorded, 888 would still be in breach. Both 888 and Burgess agree that an exemption was not given. 888 defence is that Burgess didn't say it was not allowed.

...and did 888 actually ask Burgess about it. From memory Burgess went to look at something completely different.

AlbertM

Quote from: skaifeman on March 17, 2023, 04:45:35 PM
One does wonder if they ever would've picked up on it in parc ferme had Tickford/WAU not made their appeal.
Was the protest made before the parc ferme was finished?

I'm guessing the protest was made as soon as the dry ice hit the box. A very good question about parc ferme.
Ford Faithful

AlbertM

Quote from: Troy01505 on March 17, 2023, 04:20:29 PM

To avoid any confusion, Burgess should have stated "great idea, we can only allow it to run if cameras don't catch ya filling it or scream debris, debris, debris prior to topping up"

Please indicate on the doll where DJRTP hurt you.  ::)
Ford Faithful

Troy01505

Quote from: AlbertM on March 17, 2023, 07:03:47 PM
Quote from: Troy01505 on March 17, 2023, 04:20:29 PM

Please indicate on the doll where DJRTP hurt you.  ::)

Unsure why you keep using DJRTP, as Newcastle proved DJR are nothing without Penskes money and connections. It was always Team Penske, they only kept DJR as a title to keep fans however they probably would have had more if they dropped DJR altogether.

AlbertM

Don't forget Scotty. They don't have him anymore either.
Ford Faithful

Trevor

and where would Team Whincup/Dane be without SVG

Zac

Hypothetical, so impossible to say, but 888 won the Teams Championship for 6 straight years before SVG joined them (and they won again in his first year at 888). 888 also won the Drivers Championship for 4 out of 5 years before SVG joined (and FWIW, 6 out of 8 as well) and also won 6 out of 10 Bathurst 1000s prior to him joining them, so at a guess, I'd say they would probably have done OK - but I take your point. SVG is an exceptional driver. :) 

Back on Newcastle: Where would 888 have been at Newcastle without that ice box stupidity? 

Joe5619

Quote from: Zac on March 18, 2023, 07:45:09 AM
Hypothetical, so impossible to say, but 888 won the Teams Championship for 6 straight years before SVG joined them (and they won again in his first year at 888). 888 also won the Drivers Championship for 4 out of 5 years before SVG joined (and FWIW, 6 out of 8 as well) and also won 6 out of 10 Bathurst 1000s prior to him joining them, so at a guess, I'd say they would probably have done OK - but I take your point. SVG is an exceptional driver. :) 

Back on Newcastle: Where would 888 have been at Newcastle without that ice box stupidity?
Someone get the aloe vera, Trevor just got burnt!!!

Zac

(FWIW, Trev and I have been communicating via various forums for close to two decades, and we know each other well enough to not get too worked up by anything the other one says. Also, I'm no 888 supporter, but sometimes I like to offer a differing point of view.)

Bloopy

Quote from: Zac on March 18, 2023, 07:45:09 AM

132 points ahead in the teams championship already for one thing. In the absence of SVG, two drivers with Feeney's current ability would have a good shot at it.

Alan59

Quote from: Trevor on March 18, 2023, 06:12:54 AM
and where would Team Whincup/Dane be without SVG
With Mostert as lead driver I suspect.

Trevor

Quote from: Joe5619 on March 18, 2023, 09:31:41 AM
]Someone get the aloe vera, Trevor just got burnt!!!
go **** yourself

Troy01505

Quote from: Trevor on March 18, 2023, 08:32:50 PM
Quote from: Joe5619 on March 18, 2023, 09:31:41 AM
]Someone get the aloe vera, Trevor just got burnt!!!
go **** yourself

No need to take it personal old mate, triple 8 dominated long bed re Giz and will dominate long after he retired or moves on too.

Newcastle was a display of Triple 8s ongoing talent, disqualification or not. They flogged the crap out of the competition in what was probably the closest parity debut in the V8/Supercars era