News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2023 NASCAR Series

Started by meha, March 16, 2023, 10:48:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

meha

I just thought that I would start a thread for this years season.

Big news out today, Hendrick has been hit with big penalties for a change to standard issued parts.

They have been docked 100 drivers points for Larson, Bowman and Byron, 100 team owner points for all 4 cars, the crew chiefs have been suspended for 4 races, they also fined each team $100,000.

skaifeman

SVG heading to Chicago! Same car as Kimi drove previously.
https://www.speedcafe.com/2023/05/19/van-gisbergen-nascar-start-confirmed/

Better to start here than the ovals.

...will anyone be paying attention? Mike?
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Sonic

Well the race is finally starting after rain delays. Wondering how Giz will go or if he will receive some assistance from the "good ol' boys" who don't want to get shown up by an outsider?

See what the next few hours brings.
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Sonic

Sonic

Ok, rule explanation needed please.

When the yellow came out Giz got through the 7 car stoppage and was in p10... then restart he got dumped back to p18?

How did that work?

skaifeman

Quote from: Sonic on July 03, 2023, 10:37:19 AMOk, rule explanation needed please.

When the yellow came out Giz got through the 7 car stoppage and was in p10... then restart he got dumped back to p18?

How did that work?

I assumed a splash and dash? The ads during any downtime kills it - takes away all the moments they can explain.

He's back up there now and bloody well ON!
A yellow flag just stopped him taking the lead.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Sonic

Quote from: skaifeman on July 03, 2023, 10:57:52 AM
Quote from: Sonic on July 03, 2023, 10:37:19 AMOk, rule explanation needed please.

How did that work?

I assumed a splash and dash? The ads during any downtime kills it - takes away all the moments they can explain.

He's back up there now and bloody well ON!
A yellow flag just stopped him taking the lead.

5 laps... wouldn't put it past him.

would this be the first time a rookie takes a win in the top series?

Sonic

and in there... now, yellow. do they do green/white/chequer on street circuit too? interesting...

and see what a burnout is like over there Giz style

Joe5619

Sonic

Answered by commentary... first time in 60 years a rookie has taken the win

but were the previous rookies NASCAR rookies too?

skaifeman

Quote from: Sonic on July 03, 2023, 11:30:00 AMAnswered by commentary... first time in 60 years a rookie has taken the win

but were the previous rookies NASCAR rookies too?

60 years ago the rules were very different as well.

Seriously impressive. I know it's not an oval, but surely he'd have a few deals on the table after this? He schooled them.
Will Supercars become a bit of a fishing pond for the big leagues? Scotty has well proven himself and now SVG shows he can certainly make the move.

Asked the question about a full-time drive:
"One more year in Aus, and then I'd love to come over here."

fordman

2025 SVG NASCAR bound I suspect :D

Bloopy

Or even 2024 given SVG's surprised us by ripping up a contract before. ;)

He arguably just did more to promote Supercars than anyone has in several years!